Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll wait on the court judgement as should be afforded to every Australian at the very least.
... this is your standard answer when convenient for you.

This is is a guy who has form with numerous women.

This is not a one off.
This is not even a 2nd off.

Yeah let's do away with the judical system altogether and let's have trial by media/public consensus.....seems fair
Yeah, no one has ever made a comment on a case before it goes to trial... including yourself!!

Where did I suggesr we do away with the judicial system? That is an outright lie... or a poor attempt at deflection.

Yeah let's do away with the judical system altogether and let's have trial by media/public consensus.....seems fair
As an aside to that comment, trial by media could literally have sparked world war 3 with the false reporting of the rocket attack on the hospital in GAZA. Instead of waiting for all the facts they screamed israel and the arab world went insane..and now when the truth came out that it was actually Hamas responsible, not israel, it is far too late to put that genie back in the bottle.

There is a real lesson to be learnt by the media and that is report facts when they are available

This is a seriously stupid post!

Have you lost the plot?

We have a crime board where posters comment all the time on cases before they go to trial.

I have seen you comment on cases before they go to trial.

But because this involves an ex-liberal staffer, you are applying your Sargent Schultz.

Most normal people would ignore the politics when making comment based on facts at hand... but not you.

But yes this lowlife is innocent until proven guilty in the eye of the courts.

Last edited:
As an aside to that comment, trial by media could literally have sparked world war 3 with the false reporting of the rocket attack on the hospital in GAZA. Instead of waiting for all the facts they screamed israel and the arab world went insane..and now when the truth came out that it was actually Hamas responsible, not israel, it is far too late to put that genie back in the bottle.

There is a real lesson to be learnt by the media and that is report facts when they are available
The incorrect reporting in the media about the hospital attack was poor... but the war had unfortunately already started well before then. As soon as Hamas made the original attack, this war was on with no end in sight.

What a load of hogwash...give it a spell...
No, the fact you can't provide unbiased analysis if your beloved liberal party is involved.

Keep sticking your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.

The incorrect reporting in the media about the hospital attack was poor... but the war had unfortunately already started well before then. As soon as Hamas made the original attack, this war was on with no end in sight.
It was yes, but for certain media to immediately take hamas' word for who was responsible for that rocket strike on a hospital without even a pretence of trying to verify it set a light to the torch paper and arabs over the world used it to push their antisemitic views.

Its an example of the media causing huge damage because the went on feels not facts.

On this guy that has been accused by multiple women i have absolutely no idea on as i have not been following it but if the facts are borne out that he is guilty, lock him up

It was yes, but for certain media to immediately take hamas' word for who was responsible for that rocket strike on a hospital without even a pretence of trying to verify it set a light to the torch paper and arabs over the world used it to push their antisemitic views.

Its an example of the media causing huge damage because the went on feels not facts.

On this guy that has been accused by multiple women i have absolutely no idea on as i have not been following it but if the facts are borne out that he is guilty, lock him up
The comparison of these 2 events is terrible.

This is not the 1st nor will be the last time the media have reported incorrectly without checking facts because they see it more important to report early than accurately.

Suggest you do some homework on Lehrmann before making a silly comparison between the 2.

Yeah, no one has ever made a comment on a case before it goes to trial... including yourself!!

Where did I suggesr we do away with the judicial system? That is an outright lie... or a poor attempt at deflection.

Which was the whole problem with the Lehrman/Higgins trial to begin with, from both sides of the political spectrum.

Are you getting a bit confused? AUKUS is the plan for the nuclear submarines.

Turnbull & Pike's plan was the French submarines, which is the plan which was superseded by AUKUS. AUKUS was indeed Morrison's plan, and was arguably the only positive thing to come out of his entire Govt.

It may have been a positive thing, but the execution has been abysmal, and the timing was 100% about political points before an election.

We now have a massive capability gap, and a huge hole in industry to be able to meet the needs of this program.

A transition from French subs to nuclear subs would have been both the most cost effective, and also fill gaps in capability, while maintaining and growing Australian industry.

It may have been a positive thing, but the execution has been abysmal, and the timing was 100% about political points before an election.

We now have a massive capability gap, and a huge hole in industry to be able to meet the needs of this program.

A transition from French subs to nuclear subs would have been both the most cost effective, and also fill gaps in capability, while maintaining and growing Australian industry.
Are you able to elaborate on the bolded bit
?

Not sure if you mean building them , the Nuclear bit or crewing them as I think Vader raised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you able to elaborate on the bolded bit
?

Not sure if you mean building them , the Nuclear bit or crewing them as I think Vader raised
There's a gap between end of life for the Citrus Class subs, and the arrival of the new nuke boats. The gap is several years larger than it was for the French diesel-electric subs. It now appears likely that some of the Citrus Class subs will need to have another update cycle, to extend their lives until the nukes start to come online.

There's a gap between end of life for the Citrus Class subs, and the arrival of the new nuke boats. The gap is several years larger than it was for the French diesel-electric subs. It now appears likely that some of the Citrus Class subs will need to have another update cycle, to extend their lives until the nukes start to come online.

This is what I was referring to, and also the fact that the necessary skill, knowledge, and simple numbers of necessary skilled people, were being improved drastically and quickly to create the industry in Australia, and ensure that we have the capability for sovereignty in this area going forward.

This went in the bin, and the businesses which were making strides will take their work, and people, into other industries - which means that capability gap widens again.

Without this huge, and consistent, investment in time and resources, we will always have to look offshore to meet these needs.

Mutineer, remember when the mental health issues created by Daniel Andrews' extreme lockdown was apparently "fake news"? This from the Age shows science is slowly catching on to what was obvious to the rest of us (my underlining):

The teens are in trouble: How Victorian children are faring after lockdowns

In this series focusing on the wellbeing of pre-schoolers, school and tertiary students, The Age explores what children and young people need to thrive in a post-pandemic world. By Wendy Tuohy and Madeleine HeffernanOctober 29, 2023

In this series, The Age is focusing on the wellbeing of Victoria’s 1.69 million children and young people two years after pandemic lockdowns ended.See all 5 stories.

Younger children are recovering from the lingering effects of lockdowns faster than Victorians aged to 12 to 24, but the mental health of young adults continues to be worse than in other states.

Levels of mental distress among young Victorians are still of serious concern to experts who spoke to The Age for a series on the wellbeing of pre-schoolers, school and tertiary students two years after lockdowns ended. But parents, students and experts say there are signs of improvement among the 1.69 million Victorians from birth to 24.

Academic performance has not declined markedly after remote learning, and in the years since lockdowns ended on October 21, 2021. However, as researchers say the wellbeing of secondary students continues to slide, parents are being urged to engage with schools.

Yep... fixing the diplomatic messes left by the previous mob is a full time job. Seriously, I cannot recall a Govt with a worse Foreign Affairs track record, from either side, than Scomo's mob. Completely and utterly inept, ****ing up so many important relationships.

Yep... fixing the diplomatic messes left by the previous mob is a full time job. Seriously, I cannot recall a Govt with a worse Foreign Affairs track record, from either side, than Scomo's mob. Completely and utterly inept, ****ing up so many important relationships.
The previous LNP government went down the then Trump style of international politics. One Biden has been spending all his time repairing as well.

Except that Penny Wong is the government's single point of competence. Why send a PM barely capable of finishing a sentence when you have a far smarter and far more articulate foreign minister?

Just getting all his travel out of the way so he can be home over the Summer in case there is a natural disaster to attend to...

In all seriousness, not sure what the issue is for the PM & Foreign Minister to be travelling for international relations.

I would be worried if they were not travelling.

Would you say overall our relationship with other countries is better or worse compared to ScoMo?

Honest answer...

In all seriousness, not sure what the issue is for the PM & Foreign Minister to be travelling for international relations.
I haven't seen anyone criticising the the Foreign Minister for travelling, especially because she seems to be quite good at her job – and certainly far better than Albo doing her job for her. I think some of us would prefer that the PM stayed in the country that he is Prime Minister of, rather than run away from the Voice referendum outcome. But I can see the point of preferring him further away from the levers of power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back