Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Walk alongside her decision is an amazing line.

Have to use that one in meetings now. It's like on yes minister when they say to tell someone their decision is brave.
Just for the record, and so there is no misunderstandings, i don’t think anything about this is brave or heroic.

Funniest thing about all this drama is Brooksy taking FWA bookings while shitting on DMDU
Fivey is an idiot but he did pay up and pay the deposit and refunded all fans. Despite him screwing people around at the last poorly attended shows he did end up paying, which puts him way above deathmatch downunder

Fivey is an idiot but he did pay up and pay the deposit and refunded all fans. Despite him screwing people around at the last poorly attended shows he did end up paying, which puts him way above deathmatch downunder

Fivey is a huge shit stain on wrestling in this country, I'd put him on equal footing to DMDU to be honest, they are just different in that DMDU ****s over the fans financially and FWA ****s over people in the business financially.

Kalisto and Lince having to lock him in a room, take his wallet and demand payment, the Kid Valiant spitting at fans situation which got wrestling banned at the venue, the All Star situation, the Zak Zodiac situation, the Sydney talent that work for him and aren't paid despite him saying he will and of course the 10-15 odd internationals he has ****ed over this calendar year not to mention all the interstate and local talent.

I guarantee fans would be ****ed over financially by the guy as well, the only thing that stops that from happening is that he does tickets through a third party website who are going to refund the fans whether Fivey likes it or not. I just hope all the wrestlers that were booked on this show can find a last minute booking and I cross my fingers that in 2024 when he arrives in Melbourne that people refuse to work with him and enable him.

Hopefully ASIC is informed of the new face of the company role they just made up in deathmatch happy land.

They certainly didn’t update it after Jay apparently left.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 32
Fivey is a huge s**t stain on wrestling in this country, I'd put him on equal footing to DMDU to be honest, they are just different in that DMDU *s over the fans financially and FWA *s over people in the business financially.

Kalisto and Lince having to lock him in a room, take his wallet and demand payment, the Kid Valiant spitting at fans situation which got wrestling banned at the venue, the All Star situation, the Zak Zodiac situation, the Sydney talent that work for him and aren't paid despite him saying he will and of course the 10-15 odd internationals he has ****ed over this calendar year not to mention all the interstate and local talent.

I guarantee fans would be ****ed over financially by the guy as well, the only thing that stops that from happening is that he does tickets through a third party website who are going to refund the fans whether Fivey likes it or not. I just hope all the wrestlers that were booked on this show can find a last minute booking and I cross my fingers that in 2024 when he arrives in Melbourne that people refuse to work with him and enable him.
Okay DMDU = 5 Star levels of crap

600 vs 175 was the live count. Clear winner there.

The question was about the FITE+ count though. I'd be curious to see how the two competing shows went against each other online too. Wonder if PWA being live helped it at all, and would that also stop people from paying to be there in person if they can just watch at home at a cheaper price?

Fivey is a huge s**t stain on wrestling in this country, I'd put him on equal footing to DMDU to be honest, they are just different in that DMDU *s over the fans financially and FWA *s over people in the business financially.

Kalisto & Lince locking him in a room and demanding payment is a hell of a story! Did that really happen?

Any idea how he goes covering so many non-Sydney wrestlers flights?

The question was about the FITE+ count though. I'd be curious to see how the two competing shows went against each other online too. Wonder if PWA being live helped it at all, and would that also stop people from paying to be there in person if they can just watch at home at a cheaper price?

PWA do an ok job of having international stars like Grayson Waller and Robbie Eagles posting about their shows, which is something that MCW have never really done. I'd love to know whether that adds Fite subscribers. I'd also love to know how many people go back and watch Colosseum knowing ZSJ won.

You know what's something I just realised about the attendance. That's including a ton of interstate people, like at least 15 I can think of Nobby and Myself included. Makes it even worse

You know what's something I just realised about the attendance. That's including a ton of interstate people, like at least 15 I can think of Nobby and Myself included. Makes it even worse

I spoke to sooooo many interstaters. I don't know whether they're just more likely to meet strangers at shows, but of the strangers I spoke to more than half had come from outside Sydney. The nearest was Newcastle & Canberra, the furthest were Melbourne and a couple from Brisbane.

----------

Hey, random question for those who follow it. I may have asked this before, but I don't know if anyone answered it.

What are the big PCW shows? I'd like to hire a car and get down to one of their big shows, but I don't know anywhere near enough about PCW to know what they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke to sooooo many interstaters. I don't know whether they're just more likely to meet strangers at shows, but of the strangers I spoke to more than half had come from outside Sydney. The nearest was Newcastle & Canberra, the furthest were Melbourne and a couple from Brisbane.

----------

Hey, random question for those who follow it. I may have asked this before, but I don't know if anyone answered it.

What are the big PCW shows? I'd like to hire a car and get down to one of their big shows, but I don't know anywhere near enough about PCW to know what they are.
Destiny for sure. The annual ladder match is always pretty good. The one Luke Sabre won was so well laid out.

The summer series final, carnage.

Kalisto & Lince locking him in a room and demanding payment is a hell of a story! Did that really happen?

Any idea how he goes covering so many non-Sydney wrestlers flights?

Yeah, so what happened was Kalisto and Lince had received either none or some money upfront but not all, they saw the show happening in front of like 40-50 people in this tiny building and seeing the lack of crowd they obviously panicked. They asked Fivey for their money during the event and Fivey said that he'd fix it up for them next week which is his go to move so that he doesn't have to pay someone. I don't know if they didn't trust him because of the lack of crowd or because they don't trust people in general but they then took him into a room, asked for his wallet, took a photo of his I.D. and refused to give it back or perform until he paid, Fivey then paid them both pretty quickly and they went and worked their matches without further incident.

Anyway, the club catches wind of that plus then during the entrance to the main event Kid Valiant spits at a group of fans at ringside who then want to bash him. Police are called to deal with the situation and the club is really pissed off. The only part of this story I don't have confirmation on is the building banning wrestling but that's what I've heard and it makes a lot of sense.

All shows this year were funded by bank loans or other loan agencies. The rumour is that Fivey is at least 100,000 in debt due to running unsuccessful wrestling shows which makes me think that the majority of his shows have been funded by the bank. He will never have a normal financial life due to FWA and has asked many local Sydney wrestlers to take out loans on his behalf to fund internationals.

To the pwa apologists

Paul Boesch after listing a dozens reasons why he drew 3500 on a Friday night. "I just want you to hear every reason so you'll know it's all garbage when people tell you this the rest of your life. The reality is I booked a main event that not enough people wanted to see."

In one of funniest moves I've seen in a while, a brewery announced DMDU's next show for Nov 19 (a day after FWA cancelled the same date) and DMDU have no social media up about it other than sharing the post as a story.

Off-topic but, nobbyiscool, with your house move and your body ATM, coupled with going to shows, your body must be incredibly ****ed.

Yah, I’m a wreck. Didn’t quite realise how bad til I started moving stuff around in the new place this arvo, I’m so weak and exhausted. I really need a proper sleep and something decent to eat. Removalists are still going, I still have heaps to do in the old place… but all I can do is look whistfully at the shower head in the new place…

On DMDU - where/who/what the **** is Derrimut? I’ve lived in Melbourne over 8 years now, I’ve literally never seen or heard those letters in that sequence! (And it’s not location snobbery, I’ve worked jobs that took me from Frang to Geelong to Ballarat, so I’ve been around!)

Is it one of those fake suburbs that is named after its train station?

In one of funniest moves I've seen in a while, a brewery announced DMDU's next show for Nov 19 (a day after FWA cancelled the same date) and DMDU have no social media up about it other than sharing the post as a story.

Let’s see which Aussie 'Wrasslers have no morals or ethics and happy to take money from anyone regardless of where it came from and work the show.

Yah, I’m a wreck. Didn’t quite realise how bad til I started moving stuff around in the new place this arvo, I’m so weak and exhausted. I really need a proper sleep and something decent to eat. Removalists are still going, I still have heaps to do in the old place… but all I can do is look whistfully at the shower head in the new place…

On DMDU - where/who/what the * is Derrimut? I’ve lived in Melbourne over 8 years now, I’ve literally never seen or heard those letters in that sequence! (And it’s not location snobbery, I’ve worked jobs that took me from Frang to Geelong to Ballarat, so I’ve been around!)

Is it one of those fake suburbs that is named after its train station?
Like Derrimut gyms?

Um.

Isn’t Derrimut’s postcode 3026? Or am I missing something?

Turns out it’s quite the opposite of a fake suburb that’s named after a train station - the reason I’ve never heard of it is that it doesn’t exist on the public transport network, which I’ve worked in and obviously used.

No wonder their attendances are so shite when they keep scheduling shows that people can’t get to.

Turns out it’s quite the opposite of a fake suburb that’s named after a train station - the reason I’ve never heard of it is that it doesn’t exist on the public transport network, which I’ve worked in and obviously used.

No wonder their attendances are so shite when they keep scheduling shows that people can’t get to.
87.6% of people own a car in Melbourne. Read my above quote from Paul Boesch.

Pcw isnt close to anything either but they have sell out crowds.

The move’s done (I’m still surrounded by unopened boxes), so I was catching up on some PWA re-watching.

The bad news is I’m on both streams a LOT. The good news is my weight loss campaign is going ok, and I was much happier with how I looked than I have been on previous streams, which somewhat prompted the radical diet.

(That’s all despite not having shaved the bald in weeks!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back