Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If they'd started super small, realising they needed to build trust along with building an audience, they possibly could've re-birthed into a promotion that ran 3-4 shows a year.

I don't know how the **** they got Werribee Indoor Sports given their reputation, but I don't know who they think is going to go. The hardcores that you were appealing to for a niche like deathmatch are the most pissed off about how everything went down previously.

In addition to that, such as DMDU has any presence left whatsoever - that presence is in Preston at the Tallboy & Moose. WTF are they running Werribee?
I just thought their shows were long and boring really. I mean freedoms which has 1000000000x better workers like takeda jack and kasai shows only go 1hr 30 at shin kiba and 2 hrs and change at korakuen

Red flags don't matter to a promotion that books and promotes Jayson Krash.
There was allegations of wrestler who recently came back to Renegades after big absence from the scene for allegations. And one of owners of PWA has stuff going on. The promotions you support ignore red flags too…

Really?
As someone who is pretty heavily involved in who does and doesn’t get used, I can categorically say we haven’t knowingly “ignored red flags”.
After speak out, lessons were definitely learned and systems put in place.
Is it possible there’s allegations about someone we use that hasn’t been brought to our attention?
Sure I guess?
But we aren’t psychic either.
We welcome anyone who has genuine concerns about anyone who works for our promotion, be it management, performer or staff- to reach out.
Agreed to all of this.

Please reach out if you have concerns.

Done a bit of clean up. Naturally some posts here have gone into serious territory that BF isn't the place for it.

I agree in a way but also if you have one person saying "Nothing like that has ever happened" and another person says "Well actually all of this happened" and you delete the "Well actually all of this happened" then that's kind of problematic in a way.

If we reach out via necessary social media channels or what have you the allegations DMN is talking about will just be ignored. At least here the people in question are kept accountable and there is some kind of public record of it. I did ensure that I wrote "alleged" as well because I hate accusing unless there is actual evidence.

I agree in a way but also if you have one person saying "Nothing like that has ever happened" and another person says "Well actually all of this happened" and you delete the "Well actually all of this happened" then that's kind of problematic in a way.

If we reach out via necessary social media channels or what have you the allegations DMN is talking about will just be ignored. At least here the people in question are kept accountable and there is some kind of public record of it. I did ensure that I wrote "alleged" as well because I hate accusing unless there is actual evidence.

Saying "alleged" doesn't protect BF from defamation laws dude ;)

Ry009 obviously most of that post had to be deleted in the interest of the website as a whole - but in defence of auswrestlinginsider Bonza's drink driving stuff isn't even alleged, it's on public record.

I find the notion that it's on the same level as other accusations patently ridiculous; I also think it's pretty dumb to spend your life getting worked up about things that could've happened - but it is public record, that part deserved to stay.

Saying "alleged" doesn't protect BF from defamation laws dude ;)

Ry009 obviously most of that post had to be deleted in the interest of the website as a whole - but in defence of auswrestlinginsider Bonza's drink driving stuff isn't even alleged, it's on public record.

I find the notion that it's on the same level as other accusations patently ridiculous; I also think it's pretty dumb to spend your life getting worked up about things that could've happened - but it is public record, that part deserved to stay.

Aw, I think defamation would be very hard to prove on this forum, perhaps it's their policy but that also doesn't really make sense as we've discussed negative and illegal things that wrestlers do in here before, this entire conversation began because someone called Jayson Krash a creep which he is but when it's someone more reputable it becomes an issue.

Respectfully disagree in regards to drink driving but I also felt it wasn't too big of a deal until a close family member became a victim of it. Bonza almost killed someone that night, for me that's up there with the accusations I mentioned in my deleted post.

I apologise if I have missed any messages directed at me personally, to my knowledge I haven’t ignored anyone.

During Speaking Out I managed many concerns and enquiries at the time as part of the role I had with the promotion I was working with at the time. and I did my utmost to ensure that those concerns were managed sensitively, confidentially and with compassion. This confidentially was in place for both parties - just like any work place. The outcomes (depending on what the complaint was) could have ranged from dismissal of complaint, workplace behaviour training, suspension or the person no longer welcome. Anything I worked on was documented, addressed and handled/managed - so any inference that complaints were ignored is - in my opinion not correct.

I haven’t worked for Renegades now for well over a year now due to serious illness, but I have confidence that the team are managing their socials and emails appropriately. Again, if you have sent something and recieved no response please let me or them know.

I haven’t taken a holier than thou attitude to any of the situations I have learned about, heard about, in fact I have taken many steps to learn and grow from Speaking Out. Especially since I encountered extremely bad, uncomfortable and inappropriate behaviour toward me during my time as a behind the scenes worker and fan that simply put was not okay.

This is why I wrote and worked on many of the policies that were implemented at Renegades when the promotion was formed and also why I earned my degree in Human Resource Management. It was vital that there were policies in place at Renegades that there is zero tolerance to any negative behaviours from anyone - top to bottom. I am not saying it’s perfect - but I think any to point out going into with wide eyes and with what was learned was the ultimate goal. No one wants to make the same mistakes and setting the expectation of behaviour was important. Wrestling can be fun, but for everyone.

Happy to have a discussion with you, but it would be way more appropriate and I’d be more comfortable to have one with someone that puts a name to their words instead of an insider profile.

Back onto some in-ring stuff, Ricky Utomi (the former Rufio) retired Outback Adam in a title vs career match at PWL on Saturday night.

I don't follow Qld wrestling too closely, but that result stunned me, and bummed me out a little bit, from the perspective that Rufio, Outback Adam and Top Tier are the 4 top guys in Qld that I would've expected the Supershow to be largely built around. I was looking forward to seeing Adam wrestle live :(

FWA hilariously cancelling all their international talent on next month's show, but promising a match announcement today!

Come on Fivey, we've seen this film before, and it ****ing sucks.

-------

I'm curious on tips for Colosseum. Is there a chance they pull a massive upset?

In some ways the title being defended in every round is kind of a bummer, I think it interferes with the suspension of dispelief. Rufio, Lena and Robbie Thorpe aren't winning. I don't think Tommy is winning. Much as the "Black Fang" looks like it was made for Kai Drake I don't think he's winning. Which leaves Jess, ChEvs and Fudge - 2 of them obviously face each other in round 1, and I just don't think Fudge carries on the legacy of Colosseum in the way that the others would.

Despite a whole bunch of bullshit around Colosseum during COVID, and despite the unpopularity of the comeback tournament being in Melbourne, the match quality and the quality of winners has made this tournament mean something, which is so rare in wrestling, and even more rare in local wrestling. I think there are only 2-3 people in this tournament that really carry that legacy.

Hopefully Jess gets bounced in the first round by Chevs and that at least freshens things up. Jess is a fantastic wrestler but she is beyond stale and could do with the change. My fave match of hers this year was the OPW match with Tenille in Ballarat because she had to do something different.

Hopefully Jess gets bounced in the first round by Chevs and that at least freshens things up. Jess is a fantastic wrestler but she is beyond stale and could do with the change. My fave match of hers this year was the OPW match with Tenille in Ballarat because she had to do something different.

More people should be talking about her match with Flammer. While not a 5 star match, I thought it was an incredible performance from Jess showing how versatile she is, working what was largely a lucha match. Then we go into Colosseium with the potential versatility of some weapons in her first round match, a cruiserweight match against Kai Drake or Rufio, and a final against Tommy Knight... that would make her among the most versatile wrestlers in the world.

I was also going to mention that a couple of Australian companies have spent the last week or so seemingly trying to one-up each other with the quality of matches they're posting as individual freebies on youtube.

Watching Delta vs Grace, Brooks vs Eagles, and ZSJ's Colosseum semi and final has been a very fun way to spend an afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWA hilariously cancelling all their international talent on next month's show, but promising a match announcement today!

-------

I'm curious on tips for Colosseum. Is there a chance they pull a massive upset?

In some ways the title being defended in every round is kind of a bummer, I think it interferes with the suspension of dispelief. Rufio, Lena and Robbie Thorpe aren't winning. I don't think Tommy is winning. Much as the "Black Fang" looks like it was made for Kai Drake I don't think he's winning. Which leaves Jess, ChEvs and Fudge - 2 of them obviously face each other in round 1, and I just don't think Fudge carries on the legacy of Colosseum in the way that the others would.

Despite a whole bunch of bullshit around Colosseum during COVID, and despite the unpopularity of the comeback tournament being in Melbourne, the match quality and the quality of winners has made this tournament mean something, which is so rare in wrestling, and even more rare in local wrestling. I think there are only 2-3 people in this tournament that really carry that legacy.
The Melbourne one was the best one they've done. Brooks vs Eagles was super

Back onto some in-ring stuff, Ricky Utomi (the former Rufio) retired Outback Adam in a title vs career match at PWL on Saturday night.

I don't follow Qld wrestling too closely, but that result stunned me, and bummed me out a little bit, from the perspective that Rufio, Outback Adam and Top Tier are the 4 top guys in Qld that I would've expected the Supershow to be largely built around. I was looking forward to seeing Adam wrestle live :(
Zeke is the best qld wrestler now. Bjw did him so well.

The Melbourne one was the best one they've done. Brooks vs Eagles was super

ZSJ vs Jude was my Australian MOTY last year.

That night 2 show in Melbourne had much better non-Colosseum stuff on the show than any of the others have had, but I thought last year was a bloody outstanding tournament.

I don't call for this often but Fivey is genuinely someone who needs to be cancelled from Australian Wrestling. He owes a heap of the NSW Wrestling scene money, he's a known creeper of the few women who will take a booking from him, he's arrogant and brash and in general makes Australian Wrestling look bad.

The internationals are the ones that he really messes around though, 19 cancelled internationals in 2 years often at the very last minute, refunds are never offered for those fans that did pay to see these internationals. For those that have been "lucky" enough to get into the country there are many stories such as one international wrestler being placed at a backpackers hostel for her accommodation which apparently had cockroaches running around in it, we all know the Kalisto and Lince Dorado story at this point also about how Fivey didn't have the money to pay them so they took his wallet and refused to perform until another wrestler provided the money and saved the day.

The same night that Kalisto and Lince had to steal the man's wallet to ensure they got paid Kid Valiant spat at a fan which resulted in Police being called to the building, this lead to the Dural Country Club banning wrestling. What are people doing continuing to take bookings, buy tickets and support this guy?

I don't think it is Jess that is stale but moreso the booking that is stale. Jess is 11 days off holding the championship for a year, what feuds has she found herself in? There was a very brief one with Osborne and Kiedis but Jess was never troubled by them and just easily handled them the three times they faced off.

Apart from the one sided feud that Jess won easily it has just been matches and they haven't even been against big PWA names. Charli winning it would be more of the same so miss me with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back