Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hearing the news out of the rooms is a Medial guys so let's keep our fingers crossed

Looked like he grabbed the back of his knee so that also suggests medial
The medial ligamet's on the inner side of the knee. The PCL is on the back of the knee. Still not as bad as an ACL

Look on the bright side people, its a really tough result to take. Our play in the 3rd didnt warrant the result in the 4th and Bob's injury is crippling me emotionally.

But its worth remembering... We aren't Richmond supporters. That gives me plenty of solace. Just hope we stuff Carlton by 150 next week.

I'm going to go full Terry Wallace here but we shouldn't be happy. We shouldn't be ****ing happy with that.

More 5 more inside 50's and 31 more contested possessions and we wasted it. We ****ing wasted it. More scoring shots and we lose their game. More chances to get cheap goals (first of the game, Stringer hitting the post), we had em on the ropes at the end of the 3rd but didn't run away from it, and we were too timid at the beginning of the 4th. Damn.

Sure, we demonstrated that we are good enough to win a flag. That was a high quality and high intensity game. Call me arrogant, but I knew we could already win a flag this year. I knew we're as good as Hawthorn before this week and this just demonstrated that. We just need to learn to win.

Hawthorn fans are gonna come here and say well done what a great game. Stuff em. They pinched a game they didn't deserve with favourable umpiring and flukey pack marking in the last quarter. They're worried. They're worried we're coming.

Reckon Bev stuffed up in the last as well playing Stringer out of the goalsquare instead of Boyd. Stringer was getting scragged and Boyd was more likely with his size to hold onto one or win a free - and Boyd was playing well but he took him out of the thick of the action.

Hope Murph is okay.

Rant over.

We were in front of the three time reigning champs with 2 minutes to play and our best players were Daniel, roughead, Biggs and Adams.

We're goin alright.

Great game.

Absolutely & going great guns because of what you stated.
Top 3 finish for me & hopefully top 2!

Look on the bright side people, its a really tough result to take. Our play in the 3rd didnt warrant the result in the 4th and Bob's injury is crippling me emotionally.

But its worth remembering... We aren't Richmond supporters. That gives me plenty of solace. Just hope we stuff Carlton by 150 next week.
We'll be tired physically and emotionally (esp with murph) - right now i think "who cares" about next week.
Not criticizing you, just flat as a tack

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be tired physically and emotionally (esp with murph) - right now i think "who cares" about next week.

Totaly, i'm just in the 7 stages of mouring just now, im at denial and hoping beyond hope everything is all okay.

So flat but so proud, we were 33 points down before even kicking a goal, and there was a fair bit of outside influence in that. Each and every one of players tried their guts out, and for a half we completely out muscled them.
But all of that means f all, it's all about Bob now.
Long time reader, long time since I last posted. Ditto what Fargy wrote.
What an inspirational effort and what a disappointment. I so hope it turns out to be a medial....

The medial ligamet's on the inner side of the knee. The PCL is on the back of the knee. Still not as bad as an ACL

Yeah I know but I've done a medial and initial pain is at the back although looking at it again he does grab the front browny then the back

Too much inside, not enough class on the outside (screw the McCartney era!!).

Otherwise some of our senior guys showed their usual lack of big game quality.

Oh, and Macrae should be offered for trade. No point in having 6ft2 inside one-sided mids who are slow.

Really hope Bob is okay! You guys looked good. Bob is a great man I'll be gutted if ACL.[/

Take heart, you were terrific for a lot of the day AND you will thrash us next week -:( Hopefully the Squarks will lose a critical final by 3 points!

In the end they simply had too much composure and took their chances.

They will win another flag this year they just get the job done and the umpires spoon feed them.

I'm just so, so flat after that.

Seriously, we absolutely smashed them in every last statistic. Contested ball, clearances, inside 50's, just everything. We played out of our skin but we couldn't kill the game off against a seasoned side. While we should draw many positives from it we should be equally down about it. Sometimes taking a bitter pill at the beginning of the season is a good thing, though. The guys will be feeling it tough right now.

Fingers and toes crossed for Bob right now but doesn't look good. :( Praying for the best possible outcome there.

Some excellent performances out there today. Dahlhaus and Daniel were absolutely huge and should take all the plaudits. Biggsy/Roughy also, thought they really competed and solidified there spots. Thought hammer was really good also barring one or two moments. Adams also good, but I just wish he would balance out his intercept mark with killing the ball now and then. Few times he got finger tips to it but really had to get the ball down somewhere in front of the contest and not let it fall to the back.

Really, really encouraged with Tommy's work in the ruck and around the ground. The way Stringer was going as someone else alluded to I was disappointed he wasn't the one isolated one out in the goal square the last 10 or so minutes.

Lastly. I absolutely ******* love this team. Go Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back