Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Boyd 20 disposals @ 85% accuracy

Looks slow and tired and the last few matches Ive seen his opponents run off him easily. Might be time for MBoyd to have a spell and bring in Adcock

Mattdougie was right it was 21 vs 22.
But Mattdougie was wrong the odd man out was Jake ******* Stringer. Might as well not have ******* shown up.

We'll never get Hawthorn weaker. But we crumbled in the last and gave up a four kick lead in minutes and then compounded it by getting our nose in front only to allow a cheap uncontested mark to win it.

We aren't contenders, and we will never be until we learn to put weakened teams away and bury their face in it. And now it looks like we'll have to do it without Bob. You can all have your pats on the back for the good effort, but I'll be over here spewing up.

Wow even I'm not that negative mate

They are the best and they have Hodge and Rough out that's about it.

Yeah we should have put them away but champion teams win those games.

Stringer was poor but he was beaten on the day. But didn't once have a decent pass hit him up and all he had was bombs on his head.

The Hawks are never weakened so that's no excuse we had Wood Cramers and Dicko out that's as much as they had

I just had a person I haven't spoken to in like two years text me asking if I'm okay.
Wish i had some caring friends - wish i had some friends, lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Looks slow and tired and the last few matches Ive seen his opponents run off him easily. Might be time for MBoyd to have a spell and bring in Adcock

He has been slow for 5 years. With Murphy out he has to step up

Geez :(

I'd be ok with this result if Bob hadn't gotten injured. Come on footy gods, work your magic. You owe us

Daniel and Dahlhaus were outstanding today. When we were down in the first quarter and early second quarter, they stood up big time.

The difference today was just the class in front of goal. Hawks were clinical with theirs, we should have been better with ours. There were times when not only we butchered gettable chances but just blew it by completely overdoing it in the forward line.

I'm proud of the team, they gave their all and they'll be hurting.

Come on...please give us good news about Bob. Please. Pretty ****ing please!

But Mattdougie was wrong the odd man out was Jake ******* Stringer. Might as well not have ******* shown up.

We'll never get Hawthorn weaker. But we crumbled in the last and gave up a four kick lead in minutes and then compounded it by getting our nose in front only to allow a cheap uncontested mark to win it.

We aren't contenders, and we will never be until we learn to put weakened teams away and bury their face in it. And now it looks like we'll have to do it without Bob. You can all have your pats on the back for the good effort, but I'll be over here spewing up.
I know he didn't have a good game , but he still got to the majority of contests up forward and the defenders absolutely shit themselves whenever he is in the area

I thought Hamling McLean Stringer and Jong were next to useless today.

Wood comes in for Jong
Dunkley back in for McLean
Adcock in for Murphy
Hamling and Stringer get another chance

Really? I thought Hamling played well in Wood's absence. McLean did plenty for us, especially kicking those 2 majors. McLean definitely plays again next week.

Wood for Murphy, and unless there are sore bodies, no other changes need to be made.

Stringer suffers from a lack of Crameri and Dickson and an inexperienced Boyd. He has no one to take the heat off him. Only needs 4 quick moments a game to kick 4 goals but he's like a magician: Without an assistant to distract the audience for a millisecond he can't do the tricks.

Adams is our next Lake. He is just unbelievable. Mark after mark - someone sign him for another 5 years please. When he gets to 50 plus games at this level he has the potential to own the AA Full Back position.

Hawks half back line is just all class and works so well in concert. Was the difference in the 1st quarter (as well as umpires 18 and 33 who clearly hate our f'ing colours - a holes :mad:)

We could've won this game. We could've won it :(:oops::eek::(

Proud of the boys but our forward line needs more options. Dale needs to be an in until Dickson is ready to come back I think. I would bring Webb in as well for Murph. Poor Murph :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really lax defending to allow the two on one at the end there. What were our defenders thinking? We were ahead and there was no need to push so far forward. Murphy should never have been in that situation.

I'm just shattered about Bob. He's too good a person for it to be an acl. Life's not fair.

Look at it this way: JJ, Bonti, Stringer and Libba all probably underperformed to varying degrees. That crew probably/arguably forms our best 4 players. We gave them a 30 point head start and didn't even kick a goal in the first quarter.

Yet we fought it back, got the lead and lost a close, thriller of a game to the 3x reigning champs. Despite the 4 guys I mentioned under-performing, we were carried by the likes of Caleb Daniel, Dahl, McLean, Adams and Biggs. How's that for team balance? Next man up all the way.

The loss hurts, but a lot can be taken out of it. They can use this to get better. The hype is nice but we aren't there yet...But maybe we will be at the end of the season, provided we learn lessons where we can. Lessons like at times being too cute with the ball costing us certain goals is what'll come up in the review.

Overall: Really not a bad effort. Hopefully Bob won't miss too much time. Also, I think that game was Caleb's breakout game. He's been really good for us, but he had to get the tag. Not even played 20 games, shortest guy in the league, pick 35...And he got the tag against the Hawks with the game on the line. So damn important to what we do.

Wow even I'm not that negative mate

They are the best and they have Hodge and Rough out that's about it.

Yeah we should have put them away but champion teams win those games.

Stringer was poor but he was beaten on the day. But didn't once have a decent pass hit him up and all he had was bombs on his head.

The Hawks are never weakened so that's no excuse we had Wood Cramers and Dicko out that's as much as they had
Not negative. It's the harsh truth.
Hawthorn were missing two of their best three players. With all due respect only Wood is even close to their league. It was on our home turf and we had fantastic form. We won't have a better chance at beating the Hawks.

Instead we had Jake slipping and dropping everything, and when he finally got it he'd **** up certain goals. It's just not good enough. And I'm his biggest fan. Allowing so many contested marks isn't good enough, stuffing up easy chances isn't good enough and getting a pat on the head like a good little boy from Hawks supporters isn't good enough.
This should hurt us, it's what separates the great teams from the good. I hope Beveridge tears strips off them.

**** some people here are acting like sadsack from Raggy dolls. We just took the 3 peaters down to the wire in a game that was hyped up all over the media. That was where Hawthorn had their chance to stamp their authority on the comp. they didn't quite do it, did they? Maybe we made the statement...

Biggest melt I've seen you throw! Chin up sir. We are up to our nuts in this season. Few of the boys have much to learn and as long as Stringer gets some experience out of it and comes back a better player I'll be happy.

Would rather he has an off day today and can review the f-ups with the coaching staff than on Grand Final day. He derserves a serve from the coach though. And by God we could've won today. Dammit :thumbsdown::mad::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back