Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel a bit icky about how much I’ve been enjoying JRiewoldt as a commentator, given how I felt about him as a player.
Probably a case of the enemy of your enemy, but at least they called out several inconsistent umpiring decisions, almost all of which went in favour of Carlton (by sheer coincidence).

I just watch north games these days, used to watch almost all games. It’s exhausting watching AFL as a neutral because your left scratching your head on calls both ways.

I still maintain it’s the four umpires making it unbearable. 25% more umps needed to have four per game means lower quality umps are promoted. Then there’s four different interpretations on the ground. Four umps waiting for the other to blow their whistle. FFS why do we need two umps 20m from every contest?!

IMO, they should be paid full time, and only have two field umps per game, one in either half of the ground. Have them spend the week working on fitness and reviewing last weeks games. Each ump stays in the same half, meaning consistent calls at either end.
I'd like to know how much more this approach would cost, rather than the current approach

I'd like to know how much more this approach would cost, rather than the current approach
Despite claims that Carlton doctors were in the rooms with Acres, which may be true to a point, there was ample vision of Carlton staff (presumably those with authority to remove a player from the ground under the HIA protocol) watching replays from multiple angles for several minutes shown on the Foxtel broadcast. Carlton cannot crawl out of the responsibility for failing to conduct a timely assessment.

What Carlton, undeniably, did do was place us under incredible pressure - when the game was on the line. That will hold them in good stead. We did not ease off, they just upped the ante out of sight. The Logue and McKercher mistakes were as a direct result of the increase in pressure.
Yeah for all the other stuff this is 100% true.

Interestingly, in the McKay situation, the umpire attempted to stop the game to allow medical staff to enter the area where the ball was so McKay could be assisted from the ground.

Contrast this to last season against Sydney when a free was paid against the North doctor who was attending an injured player and signalling for further assistance.

Despite claims that Carlton doctors were in the rooms with Acres, which may be true to a point, there was ample vision of Carlton staff (presumably those with authority to remove a player from the ground under the HIA protocol) watching replays from multiple angles for several minutes shown on the Foxtel broadcast. Carlton cannot crawl out of the responsibility for failing to conduct a timely assessment.
The McKay episode was a complete joke. The sooner independent medical staff are appointed the better

Had a few carlton fans yesterday tell me to stay in my place, that North being 17th shouldn't be competing against a top 4 side and the umpires didn't play a factor in the win yesterday

Swim Swimming GIF by Guava Juice
amnesia pills come with their memberships

One positive I will take out of the game is that we are again becoming difficult to play against - with Xerri leading the way, there will be some sore bodies at Princes Park today. TDK in particular won't be looking forward to his next centre bounce
You must be the Nostradamus...
Screenshot_2024-07-22-13-48-59-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (1).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Carltank board;

TDK, Acres, Durdin, Walsh, McKay, Kennedy all out or in doubt with injury.

Not so smug now after defeating the minnows are we.
told my brother whose carlton they should of played pittonet instead of tdk coming into the game, they didn’t and look what happened. mckay passed his HIA though but kingy on first crack said they will come down hard on carlton? not sure how the afl could do anything if they ticked off the jezza cameron incident.

From the Carltank board;

TDK, Acres, Durdin, Walsh, McKay, Kennedy all out or in doubt with injury.

Not so smug now after defeating the minnows are we.
North Melbourne boys are hard to beat when they come out to play.

I’m starting to wonder if all these close losses are no longer “good learning curves”, but instead, these losses are teaching these kids that they cannot win. The self-sabotage plays out like a script.

I heard Lethal say this last night

“Failure can not cope with perseverance”

Blah blah blah 'Cripps dominant performance to tighten grip on Brownlow' blah blah bullshit...

Both Sheez and Bailey ranked higher. Sheezel had more metres gained, 2 goals to none, more possessions at pretty much the same efficiency, from less TOG than Cripps.

F*ck the media tossing over certain players p1sses me off.

Will wait for the brownlow count with interest to see who gets votes from this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back