Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

You could see from his body language on the boundary after returning from his 1st assessment that TDK wasn't too keen to return, pretty obvious they jabbed him up and sent him back on, only to pick up a punctured lung in to the bargain, the footy god's have spoken, Carlton's medical team have plenty of questions to answer post that game imo.

You could see from his body language on the boundary after returning from his 1st assessment that TDK wasn't too keen to return, pretty obvious they jabbed him up and sent him back on, only to pick up a punctured lung in to the bargain, the footy god's have spoken, Carlton's medical team have plenty of questions to answer post that game imo.
Honestly believe that without TDK we would have won, they had no choice to get him back out.

When he was off X and our midfield dominated.

rewatched the replay of the last quarter where carlton got 3 free kicks in a row that lead to 2 goals. completely killing any momentum we had gets even worse when TDK got a free kick for high contact, yet in the first quarter i counted at least 3 or 4 times where X was dragged down and held by TDK with no free kicks.

When the Blues got cracking in the 3rd QTR, I think the coaches should have run Curtis and Zurhaar in the middle for a 5-10 burst. They have done this a few times this year, and it at least balances the ledger and gives the 1st rotation a chop out. Sympkin, Wardlaw and Sheezel can stay on in the forward line and all 3 can hit the scoreboard.

The positive from yesterday was looking at the QTR by QTR goal averages. All up from pre bye to post bye periods. To score 3 in the 3rd QTR yesterday was super important, as we would have capitulated in the past and let teams go 7-8 goals unanswered.

Before bye
Q1 - 2.45, 3, 2.18, 2.55

Post Bye
Q1 - 3, 3.43, 3.14, 2.57

Sure, the boys made some mistakes but no team plays a faultless game.

If the game was umpired without bias, the Roos comfortably win that game.

I don't know the answer to this but do the AFL need a Melbourne team in the top 2 so there's a final in Melbourne?

Assuming the * will likely finish 7-8th at best and the Cats are headed south on the ladder fast (4-7 in the last 11 games).
The crowd had an impact on the umpires, for sure. Overall, that’s not what cost us the game. Carlton are a more mature team in the premiership window. We are a very young team learning the ropes. The win meant more to them and it showed. So many of their players got beat up in the quest. That was, equally, a good sign for them and for us. We can’t be disheartened at how things played out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another thing carlton players do trying to draw free kicks especially cripps, he’s probably the biggest culprit of this. they chase the ball, feel the slightest contact from an opponent and then proceed to jog on the spot or slow down to make it look as if they’re being held when in reality they’ve stopped chasing the ball, their blocking their opponent from getting the ball and as their opponent tries to get past them it looks as if the opponent is holding since their arms are all over the players body. once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

The crowd had an impact on the umpires, for sure. Overall, that’s not what cost us the game. Carlton are a more mature team in the premiership window. We are a very young team learning the ropes. The win meant more to them and it showed. So many of their players got beat up in the quest. That was, equally, a good sign for them and for us. We can’t be disheartened at how things played out.
Obviously we made some mistakes but when you look at the unpaid tackle to Curtis and then 2 mins late the 50 against LDU, that's the difference between winning and losing right there.

Very happy with the effort and play of our boys but they didn't deserve either of those calls. I'm not disheartened, the team post bye has plenty to be excited about, yet I would still demoan some nourishment being taking away from us yesterday.

another thing carlton players do trying to draw free kicks especially cripps, he’s probably the biggest culprit of this. they chase the ball, feel the slightest contact from an opponent and then proceed to jog on the spot or slow down to make it look as if they’re being held when in reality they’ve stopped chasing the ball, their blocking their opponent from getting the ball and as their opponent tries to get past them it looks as if the opponent is holding since their arms are all over the players body. once you see it, you can’t unsee it.
Big strapping Charlie Curnow. For a bloke that likes flashing his enormous guns when he goals, he certainly spends a lot of time flailing around on the ground looking for frees.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Here we go big X wills get 10 weeks
Got to be one of the most innocuous looking contacts ever. Can't even begin to understand how that can be a punctured lung from that vision.

I’m starting to wonder if all these close losses are no longer “good learning curves”, but instead, these losses are teaching these kids that they cannot win. The self-sabotage plays out like a script.
I think you may be forgetting how the Dess and Blues went through their horror years. They continued to lose but have both come out the other side one with a premiership and the other on the verge of something special. We have the nucleus that needs a few tweeks to be up there to sooner rather than later

Got to be one of the most innocuous looking contacts ever. Can't even begin to understand how that can be a punctured lung from that vision.
Apparently there was an incident a minute or two earlier than that where the actual injury happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back