B Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
failed-bus-destination.jpg

Our fella got 6 weeks for the incident from Rd.1. The OEG player got off. No surprises there. The VAFA are prone to inconsistency.

Your bloke should count himself lucky he only got 6 and that our bloke decided not to proceed with any assult charges.

You were never going to ever have Luke suspended and the cut lip you guys keep yapping about on your bloke was as a result of the following dust up from another player. Even if Lukey had of got suspended I doubt it would have mattered with the ongoing effect from the incident still lingering and still unable to play or train.

Until you guys accept that you were 100% in the wrong you will continue to be a very ordinary club.

Your bloke should count himself lucky he only got 6 and that our bloke decided not to proceed with any assult charges.

You were never going to ever have Luke suspended and the cut lip you guys keep yapping about on your bloke was as a result of the following dust up from another player. Even if Lukey had of got suspended I doubt it would have mattered with the ongoing effect from the incident still lingering and still unable to play or train.

Until you guys accept that you were 100% in the wrong you will continue to be a very ordinary club.

Think it might be time for all of us to move on, our bloke got 6 weeks and now we move on. Hopefully your player is still on the mend.

Trying to work out whether OI are as good as there 2-0t or is it the fact they have played an elevated C grade team & then a team that finished 4th last, last year albeit a team that was talking up their chances in 2010. I hear they are quite tall and big!

Originally Posted by The Goats

Each to their own, champ. No one condones what happened. Feel free to continue with your warped version of events that led to said cut lip.

You are spot on The Goats, could not agree with you more. That is why OEG are also an even more ordinary club as I am pretty sure all you guys did with SBMT incident last year was lay blame elsewhere and take no responsibility for something that you guys were all to blame for.

Enjoy the slide down the grades Goats

Think it might be time for all of us to move on, our bloke got 6 weeks and now we move on. Hopefully your player is still on the mend.

Trying to work out whether OI are as good as there 2-0t or is it the fact they have played an elevated C grade team & then a team that finished 4th last, last year albeit a team that was talking up their chances in 2010. I hear they are quite tall and big!

king hits only getting 6 weeks is a disgrace. 12 would have been a much more appropriate sentence , this comp needs to put a much higher price on swinging punches particularly when the bloke wasnt looking (no I wasnt there, no I dont believe that the Hampton guy could knock out his opponent with a single punch when he was looking, yes the defence did sound as ridicoulous as last year's St. Bernards incident).

At the very least he should have been suspended until after the corresponding fixture.

You are spot on The Goats, could not agree with you more. That is why OEG are also an even more ordinary club as I am pretty sure all you guys did with SBMT incident last year was lay blame elsewhere and take no responsibility for something that you guys were all to blame for.

Forget about rovers their track record speaks for itself.Do not forget the precedence the vafa tribunal has set with a moderate penalty.
We all know what happenned the ball was at the other end of the field!!!.The vafa preaches the family footy bit,no rough stuff etc. Well its time the powers started to have a close look at the penalties and their ability to provide a safe enviroment for all players.Six weeks for a hit that puts a kid in hospital,scans to the head etc.can not work, who pays his medical expenses etc.
The tribunal had a chance to tell the football world in general what they will tolerate and they did.Shame they did not deliver.Congrats to rovers
you turned it around so well however you have had plenty of practice.

Haha, nice irony in that post, any match reports from C Grade you would like to share with us mate?

If it was a king-hit he would have got 10+ weeks. Luckily the VAFA tribunal got it right and no doubt due to the fact the OE player punched the Rovers player first, it was reduced down to 6 weeks. Done. Dusted. Time to move on people.

My tips for Round 2:
HR v OI
OC v UB
STB v OE
STK v OH
OAK v MH

Haha, nice irony in that post, any match reports from C Grade you would like to share with us mate?

Round 3
Uncle Mick, Cubzy, Local Footy v ML
wysiwyg (R.I.P.), OC37 v The Carlton Crew
CG & ML v Goats and KB
BS & BD (retired) v GOI
OOB v Sheller / MHG

That's

HAMPTON ROVERS vs OLD IVANHOE
OLD CAREY vs UNI BLACKS
ST BERNARDS vs OLD ESSENDON
ST KEVINS vs OLD HAILEYBURY
OAKLEIGH vs MHSOB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 3
Uncle Mick, Cubzy, Local Footy v ML
wysiwyg (R.I.P.), OC37 v The Carlton Crew
CG & ML v Goats and KB
BS & BD (retired) v GOI
OOB v Sheller / MHG

That's

HAMPTON ROVERS vs OLD IVANHOE
OLD CAREY vs UNI BLACKS
ST BERNARDS vs OLD ESSENDON
ST KEVINS vs OLD HAILEYBURY
OAKLEIGH vs MHSOB

nice work PI

I'd probably add Mr Pineapple with KB and the goats...been quiet this year but done well in previous years (is yet to post about the st bernards shoulder chip...but give him time)

Tips for the round
OI to beat Hampton in a very close match (6 points)
Uni Blacks to smash OC in a not so close one (67 points)
Bernards to break the duck against OEG (45 points)
OH in an upset at the castle (21 points)
Oakleigh with the home advantage easily over MH (49 points)

Lock of the week is Blacks...

Quite ridicolous hearing some of the "reasoning" going on in here about the tribunal result... This is the last thing I will say on the matter. HR better be very careful if their players continue to put themselves in a position such as vs bernards last year and OEG in R1 this year. It is only a matter of time before someone gets it on video ... and when or if that happens expect a much harsher penalty than the 4 and 6 weeks that have been handed down.

Good luck for the weekend

mL

Well done rovers.Great campaign to turn a disadvantage into a super advantage.Its a wonder the OEG player did not get 4 weeks for acting and the rovers blokes best and fairest for the day.Wonder what would have happened if the victim was say one of the school tie sides????

If it was a king-hit he would have got 10+ weeks. Luckily the VAFA tribunal got it right and no doubt due to the fact the OE player punched the Rovers player first, it was reduced down to 6 weeks. Done. Dusted. Time to move on people.

My tips for Round 2:
HR v OI
OC v UB
STB v OE
STK v OH
OAK v MH

Tips

OI to continue their unbeaten run
UB just over Carey
Bernards over OEG by a kick
Skob to beat Haileybury unlike last year
Oak to beat MHS who aren't up to the grade

when is Parton back for Carey? Is Harvey running around this year? and something really needs to be done about this lob sided 3rds competition, can't be fun for the sides getting flogged by over 100 points

nice work PI

I'd probably add Mr Pineapple with KB and the goats...been quiet this year but done well in previous years (is yet to post about the st bernards shoulder chip...but give him time)

Tips for the round
OI to beat Hampton in a very close match (6 points)
Uni Blacks to smash OC in a not so close one (67 points)
Bernards to break the duck against OEG (45 points)
OH in an upset at the castle (21 points)
Oakleigh with the home advantage easily over MH (49 points)

Lock of the week is Blacks...

Quite ridicolous hearing some of the "reasoning" going on in here about the tribunal result... This is the last thing I will say on the matter. HR better be very careful if their players continue to put themselves in a position such as vs bernards last year and OEG in R1 this year. It is only a matter of time before someone gets it on video ... and when or if that happens expect a much harsher penalty than the 4 and 6 weeks that have been handed down.

Good luck for the weekend

mL

As I posted last week, it is now up to Westy, The Big Pavlova, Grima etc to step up and change the on-field culture down there and ensure these hits behind play are not tolerated (they have a door!), which I'm sure they will.

The Big Pav knows with the entry of a new junior club in the area that the parents of young kids will divert them away from HR and across to OB if their on-field actions continue, starving their club of future players. And Westy is also starting to realise that its not about the cups in the cupboard but how the club is perceived by the football and local communities again vital to ensure (especially for a district club) a fruitful supply of juniors during and after his reign.

actions, speak louder than words, boys.

Cardio and all other posters.... I reckon the next time a HR player king hits someone the opposing team will go ape shit and belt the crap out of all the HR players. Us other 9 clubs need to band together and take action ourselves if the VAFA won't.
Everyone be wary of those little green pricks at Boss James reserve and go harder at them, put them in their place, which would appear to be those housing commission flats across the road from the ground.
Be wary HR, all clubs will be harder at the ball and man than you, EVERY WEEK...good luck.

Not to mention the Great Tart Drought (is that still ongoing?).

I don't think GetOverIt has quite GotOverIt yet. I too am surprised at only six weeks, but ours not to reason why etc etc.

Not to mention the Great Tart Drought (is that still ongoing?).

I don't think GetOverIt has quite GotOverIt yet. I too am surprised at only six weeks, but ours not to reason why etc etc.

especially when an ambulance is involved, but, the decision has been made.

Anyone get the feeling some posters have been 'muzzled'?.

heh,heh

Quite possibly the funniest post I’ve seen on here all year, “get over it”. I’m in stitches. You didn’t rip your keyboard apart typing that post did you little fella? Hope everything’s going well out that side of town for you bud. Still hurting from 2001 are you?

Cardio and all other posters.... I reckon the next time a HR player king hits someone the opposing team will go ape shit and belt the crap out of all the HR players. Us other 9 clubs need to band together and take action ourselves if the VAFA won't.
Everyone be wary of those little green pricks at Boss James reserve and go harder at them, put them in their place, which would appear to be those housing commission flats across the road from the ground.
Be wary HR, all clubs will be harder at the ball and man than you, EVERY WEEK...good luck.

I'm sure they are shaking in their boots at HR ....The old housing commision gag...hilarious and original.. Not!!

Cardio... Haven't seen Pav in a while have you. Not so big anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back