B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no one will get near St.Bernards but to suggest Ivanhoe will be in the lower half is a big call.

Perhaps Big Max can retort?

They still have Weatherley and some pretty talented younger guys. Not sure if the other big forward they have will play. He always seems to have something wrong with him.
Bring on Saturday. All will be revealed.
Ended up 4th last year. Have had a few retirements. But the replacements and the injection of youth should see us go OK.
Predictions. OI to go A Grade next year. (did anyone expect me to say something less). OI to break OX record of premierships:D

I wish my wife would call me "Big Max". More chance of getting Sholly's job.

Max on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and the rest of the week.

Hampton vs St Kevins- by palentie
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Brighton- 20
Marcellin vs Uni Blacks- 35
St Bernards vs Caulfield- by palentie
Oakleigh vs Beaumaris- 10

Over and out...

Hampton vs St Kevins - redemption/respect/retribution should be high on the SKOB agenda.
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Brighton - home ground advantage should be enough
Marcellin vs Uni Blacks - Favourites for a reason
St Bernards vs Caulfield - Flogging of the round to happen at the Pit
Oakleigh vs Beaumaris - Beau to flag their intentions with a hard fought away win.

End of year (pre finals) ladder:

UNI
SKOB
ST B
BEAU

OLD I
BRIIIIIGHTON
OAK
MARC
CAUL
HAMP

End of year (pre finals) ladder:

UNI
ST B

gap

SKOB

gap

OLD I
BRIGHTON
BEAUMARIS
CAULFIELD

gap

MARC
OAK
HAMP

There's a lot to like about Oakleigh and Hampton but both will be hoping their young players coming through will hold up.

After a long cold summer its great to have the VAFA footy back:thumbsu:
What have I missed in the previous 300 odd posts since 2010???

Hopefully my boys can get busy when the whips are cracking this year but looks like another tough year to get out of this damn section.

My spies tell me Blacks, Bernies & the Hoers are the ones to beat, so I will line up my final 4 with SKOB on top followed by those with OB, Beauy & Marc in the mix.

rd1 never seems to be a guide so I am sure there will be an upset or 2.

Hampton vs St Kevins- hopefully a better result than r18
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Brighton - did i see Thompson back for OI?
Marcellin vs Uni Blacks - going Marc in a bit of an upset
St Bernards vs Caulfield - too easy
Oakleigh vs Beaumaris - flip a coin

Looking forward to seeing how everybody goes. Will be happy to wipe 2010 for the memory.

Hampton vs St Kevins- surely the fellas will be fired up. Havent been down there this year so no idea about the new kids / recruits.
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Brighton - I have no idea really. OI cant be too far away.
Marcellinvs Uni Blacks - Blacks to be strong...have been in B almost as long as Kevs
St Bernards vs Caulfield - in a canter
Oakleigh vs Beaumaris - promoted sides struggle

Hampton vs St Kevins- skob after last years embarassment
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Brighton - OI's just
Marcellin vs Uni Blacks - blacks home and hosed
St Bernards vs Caulfield -bernies by plenty
Oakleigh vs Beaumaris - oakleigh... but who cares

Let me translate what he was trying to say.

"We are raging favourites but we have to keep a very big lid on it"

Good luck to them this year. A new Coach will do them wonders. What are his credentials by the way?
Teo may be good on SEN overnight as Parko's part-time replacement but he obviously didn't go to PEGS: ''Seemingly poised for a finals campaign last year, St Bernards drifted out of top four contention in the final month of the season to continue a continuing trend that Tankard is out to address.""

So who is the favorite this year? We are left with teams who either ran out of gas or choked at the end of last season, teams who dropped off after the half way mark and of course two teams who were flogged in A. Coming up we have two strong C Section clubs who will be happy to survive.

What does this all add up too? Well looking at the VAFA site there are two teams who have recruited around a dozen VFL/WAFL/TAC players between them, I expect those two to fight it out IF they can stay injury free. If you want to know who they are look up the clearances section on the VAFA site, and no, one is a naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Blacks(Borat).

I know already injuries have hit some clubs, so will be interesting to see if their depth holds up.

Good luck lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips Are:

St Kevins

Old Ivanhoe

Uni Blacks

St Bernards

Oakleigh​

Any word on A-B Grade scribes yet?

Let's hope they bring a little bit of humour to the table this year.

Hi All,

DarwinDerwin here. 1st time forum user on BF. U can call me DD.

For my first post, ill have a look at who many of you have predicted to be premiers this yr, UNI BLACKS.

Notable outs: O'Hara, Loxley
Notable ins:
  • D.Hunt (QLD) - very talented half back flanker. extremely solid young player.
  • J.Matthews - Former Aus u/18. Tall and will compliment Foster up forward.
  • D.Collopy - Former Aus u/16 and Aus u/18. Slightly built, prodigiously talented left footer. Outside player who will play at either end and damage opposition.
  • H.McKenna - Young back pocket. Fit and STRONG. very solid.
  • C.Stevic - League leading goalkicker down Phillip Island way last year. Very handy recruit for the blacks one might think.
  • J.Roder - It appears the blacks have found that young gun ruckman!
The rumour mill: It seems captain Mark Bolton still has some pull with his old Essendon mates with Chris Heffernan, Jason Johnson and Damien Peverill all lingering around the place. My sources tell me that JJ is pulling on the boots with CH still to decide if body is up to rigors of Prem B football.

Final Word: While the blacks look to have lost solid midfield talent in O'Hara and Loxley, they seem to have recruited plenty of tall timber. What was once a problem, now seems to be a strength! If Bolton gets a Johnson fitted out in Black he will cover Loxley and O'Hara.

B&F: Richardson / Bolton / Collopy

Hi All,

For my first post, ill have a look at who many of you have predicted to be premiers this yr, UNI BLACKS.

Notable ins:
  • D.Collopy - Former Aus u/16 and Aus u/18. Slightly built, prodigiously talented left footer. Outside player who will play at either end and damage opposition.
  • C.Stevic - League leading goalkicker down Phillip Island way last year. Very handy recruit for the blacks one might think.
The rumour mill: It seems captain Mark Bolton still has some pull with his old Essendon mates with Chris Heffernan, Jason Johnson and Damien Peverill all lingering around the place. My sources tell me that JJ is pulling on the boots with CH still to decide if body is up to rigors of Prem B football.

Final Word: While the blacks look to have lost solid midfield talent in O'Hara and Loxley, they seem to have recruited plenty of tall timber. What was once a problem, now seems to be a strength! If Bolton gets a Johnson fitted out in Black he will cover Loxley and O'Hara.

Good summation DD. Sounds like we are all playing for second place!! Didn't rate David Robbins?

Hi All,

Notable ins:

Peverill signed at Aberfeldie months ago and will be playing there, JJ is as big as a house and im pretty sure Heffernan is playing down Geelong.

Makes me wonder how many more holes are in the above.

Good on you for spruiking your side and chucking a bit of chilli on top.

...furthermore Tom Liberatore is looking forward to continuing his career at St bernards after a decorated junior career at the club. He cant wait for his first senior game this week against Caulfield.

;)

Peverill signed at Aberfeldie months ago and will be playing there, JJ is as big as a house and im pretty sure Heffernan is playing down Geelong.

Makes me wonder how many more holes are in the above.

Good on you for spruiking your side and chucking a bit of chilli on top.

Chris Griffin,

I can assure you I am not a uni blacker. I will be writing about all clubs in the coming weeks.

Yes, I do rate Robbins, was an accidental miss on my behalf, as was A.Cadd.

Wouldnt by any means say that the rest are all playing for 2nd. From what i was told, St Kevs touched up the uni blacks last weekend. I do however believe that they will be about the mark again this year, as does almost everyone else who has posted in this forum.

JJ is still very fit, and I have it on 100% authority that Heffernan has been at the past 4 training sessions after returning from the US of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back