B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the old saying, "don't assume as you make a......"

P&D, if BS predicts CG to go 18-0, he is just "manure stirring".

I think all and sundry could see he was joking - humor up a bit silly man.

You could also just be a man and admit the Fields might not be the easy beats you thought they were!

Ha Ha....Who are we kidding....

Meanwhile the boys will move onto next week and an expected tough outing against a resurgent Rovers side.

undermanned, unfit and undiciplined bernards down at the pit yesterday. was looking forward to the byrne-merrington combination yet neither played. take nothing away from caulfield, very impressive

Lads. Great effort from Caulfield, but don't get carried away. It's only Rd.1.

Briza - never let the truth get in the way of a good story. The breeze turned, but it was going across the ground in the last. To suggest it turned 180° and gave HR 3 quarters with a 6 goal breeze is garbage. SKOBS stiff, but you got in front a couple of times & failed to capitalise - much like we failed to seize the advantage when we snuck out by a goal late in the game.

Billshit Mick, you were obviously huddling under the roof in the last not getting wet, I was next to the scoreboard getting soaked so could see exactly why your boys were kicking 60 metre bombs. We were in front because we were the better team and were skunked by the weather.

Let's cut the crap. Any team that kicked with the wind in the 1st quarter would have had the wind for all or part of the last quarter.
OI were the beneficiaries of the flucky wind.
OI won the 1st by 3 goals.
OB won the remaining 3qtrs, and still lost by 8-9 points. OB scored a goal on the siren to give them the final margin.
Mentiplay is going to be a handful for every FB in B Grade.
With 5 rookies and another playing his 2nd game, we were very happy to win against OB.
Wind certainly ruined the game.
Big O was a match winner, especially when he played at CHB (yes you are reading this correctly). Hopefully 2011 will see OI being more versatile.

Max out
How about some more post game commentary rather than the boring bitching. Leave that for Monday thru Friday.
PS how many weeks did Danny Byrne getting for piffing the ball back at the boundary umpire?

Good wrap up Max.

Footy is an outdoor game, thus things like wind are always going to a factor... However, wind has never won a game of footy, nor kicked a goal etc etc. It is what it is!

Blacks beat Marcellin in a close, good game of footy where the Eagles enjoyed the wind for almost 3 quarters. Was even until half time then Blacks put their foot on the pedal and managed to hold Marcellin at arms length for the rest of the game. Got a bit close towards the end but felt Blacks always had it under control.

Was a bad injury for Marcellin (unlucky for them coz the guy who got injured was one of their better players up to that point) think he was number 29? Looked like a dislocated ankle/broken leg. Nasty.

Billshit Mick, you were obviously huddling under the roof in the last not getting wet, I was next to the scoreboard getting soaked so could see exactly why your boys were kicking 60 metre bombs. We were in front because we were the better team and were skunked by the weather.

Stop eating those sour grapes BS, you sound like a little girl. Embarrassing really, who blames the weather?

Was at the Beauy - Oak match for a little, not much defence going on at scammel. Gower for beauy looks a likely player!

Hard to judge when it's that open, 32 scoring shots a piece.

Interesting round 1 though!

You could also just be a man and admit the Fields might not be the easy beats you thought they were!

Ha Ha....Who are we kidding....

Meanwhile the boys will move onto next week and an expected tough outing against a resurgent Rovers side.

gotta love these B Grade newbies.

No worries K9, you guy's will be a powerhouse this year in B Grade, congratulations.

I agree with BS, I was at one ground & the wind did change to the benefit of 1 team, however the game was not effected just the poor goal ump with the rug on, gees it was funny to watch.

I'm going to have sleepless nights this week picking my favorite teams either OCG or HR, OTP can i get double points for a draw.

A good team can score into the wind. Blaming it for a result is av.
Shocked by Caul result. Interesting year ahead.

Monkeyboy, the good team did score into the wind! Not complaining though, Hampton were great and persisted ALL day, will be keen to see how they go against Keano and P and D's invincibles.

Surprised your mob didn't towel up O T, but a win from 50 down is great, well done.

Can't wait for next week, another tough round of Footy.

Thanks for your support Brian, you are a Big Footy legend.
I forgot to mention that Josh Madden went off with a bad facial injury, it happened right in front of me and my girlfriend, I hear he will miss 8 weeks, very bad luck to the boy.
St B had no Byrne or Merrington, but they are both in their 30's and aren't the answer...they are in strife I think.

Thanks for your support Brian, you are a Big Footy legend.
I forgot to mention that Josh Madden went off with a bad facial injury, it happened right in front of me and my girlfriend, I hear he will miss 8 weeks, very bad luck to the boy.
St B had no Byrne or Merrington, but they are both in their 30's and aren't the answer...they are in strife I think.

P&D, so why has the hype been so strong?
Are Caulfield that good?

To be honest Max, Cooke and O'Sullivan also suffered long term injuries yesterday but to be fair, our school team has been strong the last few years, we have recruited exceptionally well with Garubba boys etc and we want to go straight to A Grade without being pig headed.

Most teams in this grade are the ones that have been here a few years and aren't good enough to go higher, not being nasty just facts.

Perhaps if you could do a bit of research for me and tell me how long the St Bernards, SKOB's, Blacks etc have been in this grade over the last 5-10 years? Then it wont look like Im potting them, but there are a lot of 'comfortable' clubs here who are too scared to jump to A as they will be smashed but they are too good to drop to C. Look at the 2 teams who dropped down from A, they had like three wins between them last year and both lost in round one, its not like they won 6 each and were unlucky to take the slide. Your team were also short of wins when they dropped down and were average last year.

Also look at Carey, who were here for 2 years and dominated last year with a lot of their C grade players from 2008, Old Trinity who finished 4th a few years ago but went up, and OH who were just an average team last year, but had no trouble winning though to the GF on the back of one star player. These teams beat most of the teams who are still hanging around in B, so we think that this grade is one of the more 'open' in the VAFA.

We also had 9 new players in yesterday who we judged to be better than our GF team last year, so therein lies the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too early to judge anything I'd suggest.

One week does not make an 18 round season.

Absolutely. The Caul/St Bernies result probably asks more questions about the Snowdogs than Caulfield.

The Fields had all 4 teams in GF's last year and the core of the team has played in B Grade before. At best I could see them in the finals, but I didn't believe they would be easy beats (hence the early pie CC).

The snowdogs had a lot go against them with some early injuries and kicking into the breeze in the first quarter. But their lack of response with the breeze in the second would be concerning for them. I'd suggest this week was a kick up the backside they needed to get going in 2011.

R2 - b grade

old ivanhoe - plenty of upside yet at OI.
old brighton - silky skills may win out in a close one.
old caulfield - to prove in 2011 the best side lost the GF 2010.
young uni - St Bernards on the rebound but the Blacks to win.
old skobs - to send Marcellin to 0/2 with OI in R3.

Beaumaris V Old Ivanhoe - This will be close but I think OI may have a little too much class.
Old Brighton V Oakleigh - OB will be better at home and this shouldn't be too difficult for them.
Caulfield V Hampton - Home ground advantage will get the Fields across the line.
Blacks V St Bernards - The snow dogs will come out hard and this could be close, but Blacks will prevail.
St Kevins V Marcellin - SKOBS easily.

Beaumaris V Old Ivanhoe
Old Brighton V Oakleigh
Caulfield V Hampton
Blacks V St Bernards
St Kevins V Marcellin

Our boys still to get 2 or 3 important players back in round 3 - 4, still like to have won, but thought the result was a good first up outcome against a known performer in this comp.

Disaster any way you look at it.

i take comfort in the fact that OEG beat Carey this time last year!

Yes that's one parallel although it was R4 but it was the last VAFA game Carey has lost, and I remember them at quarter time against OE and a section of the Carey players were laughing and joking at how easy it was proving to be that day.

Yes that's one parallel, that's the last VAFA game Carey has lost, and I remember them at quarter time against OE and a section of the Carey boys were laughing and joking at how easy it was proving to be that day.

I think we beat them around round 11ish at there ground and that was the last time they were beaten. Could be wrong, by about 28 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back