B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC pardon the ignorance but what exactly happened with the "$$ & Robbins" scenario that you mentioned?

CC pardon the ignorance but what exactly happened with the "$$ & Robbins" scenario that you mentioned?

Wow, this feels like parliament when a back bencher asks a front bencher a ??. 2nd post in 2 years i' m honored HIA. $$ = loss of good players to country for coin. Robbo = the 3 'dues' u need to do when appointing a coach. I have always tabled that they may not do this and now it has comeback and bit them on the tail. Shot down by stalwart HR posters on BF, but I think they now agree.

Ignore him, Here I am. CC's beloved HRT are in a transition phase due to a few of our big names chasing the almighty dollar. Apparently Robbins' influence has encouraged these moves, however you'll find that if you speak to anyone at HR you will get the full story which is something well beyond our control or Robbins' influence. Wind the clock back 12 months in the knowledge we have now and I don't think anyone will change what happened. There was a buzz around the club that I for one hadn't experienced in 15 years as a senior footballer. Things happened in the off-season that have seen the club reassess where we are at, but I can assure you CC thinks he knows a lot more than he does. Very few, if any, will agree with his notion of the Robbins decision being one to bite us on the tail.

Can anyone from Bernies/Marcellin comment on the Blacks this year? Are they serious contenders as some people are saying?

Caulfield, with two scores of 200, seem to have improved significantly - any idea who they have picked up? Or just a good team finally clicking?

Which other teams are punters now predicting to give the comp a shake?

Um we agree in the players going for coin. Measure of anyone especially a coach is, Did they leave the place better than when they got there? Time & results will tell.

As much as it pains me to say, the only team that seems to have a top four spot locked up is Caulfield. Apart from that, results are all over the place. Hampton, Beauy, marcellin, oaks, and dare i say it, the Bernies, i think arent going to be contenders this season.

So that leaves in no particular order:

Skevs
OB
OI
Blacks

Any four of these teams can make the final 3 spots.

What do we all reckon?

Skevs - massive win, but a shocker (wind bias apparently) against hampton, who knows what they can do.
OB - not easy to win down at the Pine, did old out oaks easy. They still are with key players out from injury, im sure they will gather momentum in the middle of the season.
Blacks - I dont know alot about them, but they seem to be getting results.
OI - i think they will grind wins out all season, and be a very consistent force.

Newsflash Griff, the season started 2 weeks ago. Bernies are going to be up against it with a sheizenhousen percentage from Rds 1 & 2, but no side can be written off after 2 weeks.
It could very well be that this will end up being a 2 tier season with 5 fighting for finals and 5 also rans, but I'd be saving it til at least Rd.6 before we'll have any indication of where the season is headed for some.

The heavies at CG are coming down on me, need to be a ittle less confident in my posts....Doc, we are an APS school just trying to do our best, St Bernards fielded a reserves side against us, they have Merrrington, Byrne and a few others back next week, look out SKOB.
Hampton were still excited about their cyclone assisted draw, and didnt care about beating us, a no brainer result.
Uncle Mick is living in delusion land, RObbins destroyed there club, as did their committee, back down to C Grade they will go, along with either Oakliegh, Beauy or Marcellin.
Blacks, well they just had a big win over a weaker St Beranrds reserves side than we played, so cant read much into that either.

My ladder based on two rounds of matches

Caulfield
Uni Blacks
Old Ivanhoe
SKOB

Old Brighton
St Bernards
Beaumaris
Oakleigh
Marcellin
Hampton

The heavies at CG are coming down on me, need to be a ittle less confident in my posts....Doc, we are an APS school just trying to do our best, St Bernards fielded a reserves side against us, they have Merrrington, Byrne and a few others back next week, look out SKOB.
Hampton were still excited about their cyclone assisted draw, and didnt care about beating us, a no brainer result.
Uncle Mick is living in delusion land, RObbins destroyed there club, as did their committee, back down to C Grade they will go, along with either Oakliegh, Beauy or Marcellin.
Blacks, well they just had a big win over a weaker St Beranrds reserves side than we played, so cant read much into that either.

My ladder based on two rounds of matches

Caulfield
Uni Blacks
Old Ivanhoe
SKOB

Old Brighton
St Bernards
Beaumaris
Oakleigh
Marcellin
Hampton

How did robbins "ruin" our club p & D (or cardio can answer it)??
Also, The players that left for the $$$ left long before robbins, he was the last to leave....

How did robbins "ruin" our club p & D (or cardio can answer it)??
Also, The players that left for the $$$ left long before robbins, he was the last to leave....

Don't put words in my post CD. Never said he ruined the club.
Read my posts before crapping on.

Funny how there were rumblings on here from poster from ormond & BS stating that he may have been shopping around, heck even local footy had to retract his statement. May have been last to leave but was he 1st on market, who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again with the ill-informed posts. CC you can keep trying to tear at the fabric of HR, but you will not succeed. It is very amusing to see the you aspersions cast. You have very little knowledge of the situation and are making an absolute fool of yourself in the process with your vague attempts of proving the contrary.
It's a well known fact that Robbins is a night owl. You don't need to be in the inner sanctum to know this. Everything else you've come up with you yourself would laugh at if you had an idea of what has transpired. Keep up the good work though. It makes for good reading.

No worries Micky boy, as stated, did he leave it in a better position? Appointees can take some blame as well. Strange you didn't have an issue with p&d comments about ya.

Also a few of the players may have not chased the coin if respect was there perhaps. To see the cattle running around on Saturday, guys that struggle in 2nds last year and a ex sandy player a shadow of himself is disheartening I suppose.

Anyway, all the best

Hampton may be okay, but I tend to think that they will need to win most games at home to stay up as they don't win away that often, fair comment?

Love it Carl, GOI has done a 180 on anything to do with Hampton, has Uncle Mick got photos of him???
Re Robbins, he had the feelers out early doors, but like a run down house, not a lot of bidders met his reserve. He held out longer than he should have and accepted an offer below the original bids late last year.

Good banter, keep it up!

Love it Carl, GOI has done a 180 on anything to do with Hampton, has Uncle Mick got photos of him???
Re Robbins, he had the feelers out early doors, but like a run down house, not a lot of bidders met his reserve. He held out longer than he should have and accepted an offer below the original bids late last year.

Good banter, keep it up!

Love your work as well BS, especially the Robbins feelers, great work even old Local Footy was taken aback.

Actually I have a little more respect for Old Mickey boy when you look through the following fallen poster 'soldiers' for HR last year (apt?).

ah the old Hawk09 (Private Eye and all the eye's - notice how Private Eye is logged on 85% of time and posts nothing, watching,watching??)

Bouncing Back, Cubzy, wow the on-board tussles, long gone.

Although Watchful Eye comes on every now and then, but just a troll - gee I miss his Sunday tables, must have gotten all to hard for him I suppose

At least Mickey has held 'fat' with Big Footy, whilst the others were all 'up and about' when HR were doing well, Robbins on board etc etc however like some of the guys on the coaching panel they seem to have fallen away as well. Not up and about defending as much now, or perhaps they have also gone to GREENer pastures. I see Hampton Hammers have increased their membership and a couple of players, interesting. Apparently you can drink during thier games whilst watching football on a nice GREEN oval.

Fitz_Train
Uncle Mick
Value Add
Micheal Flahive
Marko3
Bouncing Back
Erek Shun
Pinto09
Cubzy
Hyphen5
Ought2BOpinionated
Ivan the Hoe
Capt Krusher
Watchful Eye (big troll)
Joeanthony
Plumber49
Big Fat Barb
Hawks09
Local Footy
28 Reasons
Iron Man
Dermot Cleary
Jascave
Cardeookarl (tried/failed)
Cardio Vascular (tried/failed)
Caulfield Carla
Cudlly Carletta

Cheers

CC

Gee, roused a couple of the Trolls for Easter.

You off MHG

Regards

CC

Back on a laptop now, however seeing no one interested I will just give followng summary on OCG.

Always loved SL game style/plan and just question mental side.

On saturday the plan will always kill low sides however will be tested by quick sides through the corridor. WHilst they play their ground well from HB to wings and in, this will be tested on bigger grounds or sides smashing them through the corridor. even though they won well, their centre clearances were poor as ruck failed to place ball. Few other tell tale signs, however i'll keep them to myself.

'Keep it wide, kill em inside' I thing old Bazza said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back