B Section B Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with Badds being stiff. While there is not much between them, and i have seen both of them twice this year, the Beauy ruckman gets the gong for mine. Does what Baddeley does with less help from on ballers and a backup ruckman

I totally agree with Tommy1979. McNicholas from (Beau) is the starting Ruckman without doubt.
Great mark around the ground, good skills and a great tap ruckman.

Good to see Jake Symes has been recognised. He has playing great footy. Especially with the lack of pressure our midfield has but on the delivery into the forward line.
He reminds me of Prestigicomo from Collingwood. He will hate that. ha

The other of course is Matt Bortlotto who is an out right gun. Dont know many players from other teams. But from us J Bortolotto and Luke Considine very stiff not to get a look in.
Ari Lewski is also very tough not to get in. Have to remember the amount of attention he would recieve from opposition as one of the top 5 players in the comp. With out doubt.

I totally agree with Tommy1979. McNicholas from (Beau) is the starting Ruckman without doubt.
Great mark around the ground, good skills and a great tap ruckman.

Good to see Jake Symes has been recognised. He has playing great footy. Especially with the lack of pressure our midfield has but on the delivery into the forward line.
He reminds me of Prestigicomo from Collingwood. He will hate that. ha

The other of course is Matt Bortlotto who is an out right gun. Dont know many players from other teams. But from us J Bortolotto and Luke Considine very stiff not to get a look in.
Ari Lewski is also very tough not to get in. Have to remember the amount of attention he would recieve from opposition as one of the top 5 players in the comp. With out doubt.

Big Dan,

Considine was very close and probably should be in. Lewski has only played 8 games and I don't think with 5 to go that he is in. Yes he is a very good player but this year his form and games played says no to me.
Brain, Mount also should be on the field but I only have 18 possies on the ground. Have a crack at your team as you may be more qualified to comment on this type of thing. Will maybe re-shuffle when i get a fair few opinions.

Baddeley is the difficult one. McNicholas clearly starts in the ruck. Much better tap ruck and maybe only marginally ahead round the ground than Baddeley. I would be tempted to change L.Wintle with him but he can play CHF as well. So Baddeley is the changing ruckman off the bench. What I am saying is that he is the 3rd best ruckman in B grade.

Surely I am round the mark.

Big Tommy

Here is my crack at the team:
FB Coote (Beau) Symes (Marc) McCann (SK)

HB Smith (UB) Wilson (OE) Lacey (UB)

C Groves (SBMT) Anstey (SBMT) Ritterman (Ajax)

HF M Bortolotto (Mar) L.Wintle (SBMT) Clifton (OE)

FF Playfair (OM) Sinclair (CG) Teal (OE)

R McNicholas (Beau) Phibbs (SBMT) T. Biggs (OE)

Bench: FromBaddeley (OE)And Scafidi (SBMT)Kempton (UB)Haynes (Beau)
Mahoney (SK) Mount (SK)

Goal kicker will most likely finish with Sinclair (CG)
League B&F: T.Biggs (OE)
Coach of Year: Can't really do atm due to last few rounds being critical. Dare say that OE vs the bogans result may decide this.

Surely Mark 'The Fireman' McColl or Andrew McMahon from the SBMT get in. Fires form has been excellent this year and Andrew just loves it. Get em in.

Mahoney (SK) Mount (SK)

Coach of Year: Can't really do atm due to last few rounds being critical. Dare say that OE vs the bogans result may decide this.

I would have Shaw (UB) at Full Foward before Sinclair (who is a cat)! S.Hecker (SBMT) & Dowd (SKOB) are stiff as well...

Hello there gents...would like to point out that we have some urban myths being created on this site...for instance the so called winning run at ST Bedes...some of you said it was over 40 or couldnt remember the last time they lost there...well I reckon they were in B grade in 2005 won 5 games and went down....so put that one to bed ...PLEASE

and as for the best coach in B Grade....well it aint me...yet!!!

Would have loved to have seen the MAD MAN at ST bedes....and the reaction...I thought it made for some very interesting threads....

SKOB V Uni Blacks at the Rat Cage ..streuth!! with a thunder storm on the way... I'll go for SKOBS by two laps in just under world record time!!..SOMEBODY .......SAVE THOSE RATS!!!!

And in the match of the round in the twos I am really looking for an improved effort ffom OEG ressies when they take on OMs at home !!! and stay out of the way of the OEG ressies water boy...man with a very large head and an even bigger mental problems Ha HA

As I have been away from VAFA footy for a little bit could someone please answer these questions.

Are there any more box's of kleenex on supermarket shelves around or have all the skob sooks used them all?

Will Sweeney be employed as the huddle security for skob this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBP- What i meant was that OEG are one of the tallest sides in B grade with several back ups/fill in players who could cope with the ruck load when Badds is resting forward/on the pine. I thought Skurrie played down back on opposition tall forwards or at least thats what he did when i saw him. Not many players giving the Beauy ruckman a rest he is doing it on his own most of the time...and dominating i might add. HOWEVER...I hope the U23 state selctors know a LOT more than me cos they have chosen Badds to be the All Australian ruckman

And in the match of the round in the twos I am really looking for an improved effort ffom OEG ressies when they take on OMs at home !!! and stay out of the way of the OEG ressies water boy...man with a very large head and an even bigger mental problems Ha HA

What happened Rabs... I didn't think there were any issues in the 2's game last week?

TBP- What i meant was that OEG are one of the tallest sides in B grade with several back ups/fill in players who could cope with the ruck load when Badds is resting forward/on the pine. I thought Skurrie played down back on opposition tall forwards or at least thats what he did when i saw him. Not many players giving the Beauy ruckman a rest he is doing it on his own most of the time...and dominating i might add. HOWEVER...I hope the U23 state selctors know a LOT more than me cos they have chosen Badds to be the All Australian ruckman

Yeah probably true, we do have some height but I can tell you that Badds has spent 90% of his time in the ruck with very little support. Can also tell you he has spent no time on the pine... except for the 15 mins against St Kevins which video evidence showed there was absolutely nothing in it and was subsequently thrown out of VAFA HQ.

Geez I love the VAFA… 2 up, 2 down and no tanking. Another big week of footy this week!

SKOB V Uni Blacks @ The Rat Cage 4 points – Blacks to bounce back from the form slump "they had to have!"
MHSOB V St Bogans Mentone @ The Public School 1,000s – Yawn! Only highlight could be the half time nutter!
OEG V OMs @ Keilor Hill 22 points – OMs are back in town but still not out of ‘the zone’.
Caulfield V Marcellin @ The Racecourse 9 points – A Caulfield win will make the last 4 weeks very interesting
Ajax V Beaumaris @ VAFA HQ 19 points - head above water for who ever wins this one.

Match of the Round – SKOB V Uni Blacks
SKOBs went with the Bogans for 3 qtrs… correction they looked like getting the chocolates for 3 qtrs before the Bogans spanked them in the last with 9 goals to nothing. Blacks have been down in recent weeks so SKOBs have a massive chance. Blacks to return to form but only just.

One to Watch – Ajax V Beaumaris
The winner just about stays in B grade for another year. Both teams have been their abouts this year but never really got going. Beaumaris would be very worried about their percentage and if they hit the lead they’ll look to pile on the goals. Ajax promised a lot but delivered not much. I think they will get the 4 points this week.

B Grade Player of the Week – Nicholas Tassell (Caulfield)
Caulfield were bound for C Grade 2 weeks ago but thanks to the Sinclair and Tassell Show they are looking to do a Houdini on the relegation zone. I think they’ll stay up and it’s thanks to my man Sinclair and now player of the week Tassell who has 2 BOGs in 2 the last 2 weeks.

Mahoney (SK) Mount (SK)

I think Andy Scaff deserves to be named in the 18, his attack on the ball has been fantastic and I would imagine be in the tigers top 3 in the B&F, he has been tagged a few times and one game springs to mind when he was tagged against Uni Blacks and had over 36 touches and a couple of goals. This is perhaps the reason why he goes home early on a satdy nyt

Hard to split both Baddeley and McNicholas although Robert did get BOG against Luke and did kick 5 goals earlier this year. Will be a great contest between Rob and "chunky" Wintle in 2 weeks time.

PS Great to see Davey Kinsella back this week dont u think surly?

Gone AWOL!!!! The drink (L Beveridge) has gone missing

D Kinsella will be stepping up and standing in for Bevo this week in an unfamiliar role. He has been named as playing/coach in Bevo's absense. Has already rung the changes by putting himself full forward for this weeks game. Plans on kicking a bag. Also has instigated the "Be Green" motto around the Tigers club by insisting all players catch the train to tomorrows clash at South Yarra. Initially requested all players arrive on horseback but unfortunately due to a minor shortage of horses the bow legged one had to settle with the locomotion as his preferred means of travel.

Good luck old boy for the weekends foray into coaching

get a life you idiot. dropped the c word, what a load of crap. in do agree with the food issue however, it wasnt that good but there was definitly a lack of it to. if you where asking me i would point the finger to that fat lard no 31 "plugger", to busy worrying about the crowd rather than playing a decent game, mr tough guy- his shit full stop. and while your complaining, perhaps you skob mod should have a good hard look at your own performance. 20 scoring shots to 0 in the last quarter- ******s...

f 07

Geez Stumpy I thought this issue was dead and buried - you have to be kidding mate. The bloke belongs under the scoreboard at St.Bernards - I actually enjoyed some of his banter at half time but he dropped the C bomb a bit loudly in front of women and kids at times:thumbsdown:

As for the beers after the game I can probably remember at least 20 SKOB players/coaches/supporters being in the rooms after the game. Not all wear the bright yellow tops. While we are at it how about you blokes offering some decent food after the game as well??? SKOB also had a function on Saturday night so a few of the young blokes ducked off to start doing their hair etc.

No deflecting from the last qtr - clearly outplayed.

how embarassing on your behalf (skobs). lost to a team who take it up the arse!!

f07
Stumpy d ick, its guys like you that give St Bedes the Bogans nickname. From what I understand, the idiot at St Bedes was shouting abuse at the young SKOBBERS walking from the ground next to a heap of young kids. The c word was thrown around 10 or so times as well as saying they were typical Christian Brothers gay boys who take it in the ar se, something you are proud of I am sure. He then did the same at 3 quarter time as the lads were in their huddle.
Theres a couple of reasons why most didnt stay for a drink, which is probably good as I heard your grey haired life member was their proudly in his St Bedes bomber jacket pissed after the game. If you support that behaviour you are a c ockhead and please introduce yourself to me when I have a drink with Kinna and the Beasley boys after your next home game.

get a life you idiot. dropped the c word, what a load of crap. in do agree with the food issue however, it wasnt that good but there was definitly a lack of it to. if you where asking me i would point the finger to that fat lard no 31 "plugger", to busy worrying about the crowd rather than playing a decent game, mr tough guy- his shit full stop. and while your complaining, perhaps you skob mod should have a good hard look at your own performance. 20 scoring shots to 0 in the last quarter- ******s...

f 07
Footy 07 "mr tough guy - his shit full stop" does not make any sense.

Could this thread perhaps move on from the issue. Dead and buried for mine. This weekend looks a cracker...6 sides in relegation territory and skobs playing to cement finals. Top two side settled for mine so the match at the rat cage could be a finals preview.

Gone AWOL!!!! The drink (L Beveridge) has gone missing

D Kinsella will be stepping up and standing in for Bevo this week in an unfamiliar role. He has been named as playing/coach in Bevo's absense. Has already rung the changes by putting himself full forward for this weeks game. Plans on kicking a bag. Also has instigated the "Be Green" motto around the Tigers club by insisting all players catch the train to tomorrows clash at South Yarra. Initially requested all players arrive on horseback but unfortunately due to a minor shortage of horses the bow legged one had to settle with the locomotion as his preferred means of travel.

Good luck old boy for the weekends foray into coaching

Does he where No 38? If so, you could fit the QE2 through those legs.

SKOB V Uni Blacks @ The Rat Cage 16 points – Only if SKOB play 4 qtrs.
MHSOB V St Bogans Mentone 86pts- SBMT will feel at home at this ground.
OEG V OMs @ Keilor Hill 1 points – I won't pick against OE again this week but this will go down to the wire!
Caulfield V Marcellin @ The Racecourse 25 points – Marcellin Gone
Ajax V Beaumaris @ VAFA HQ 30 points - NO Ruckman for Beaumaris after he did his calf will see AJAX stay in B.

Good Luck to ALL.

QUICK

f 07

Ok thanks for the advice :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back