Bachar Houli:What's he doing right & what is he doing wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between Prismall and Houli?

Houli needs 10 straight games without being dropped, it's really that simple.

your kidding right??

Prismall had worked his way into Geelongs best 22 when he left, Houli would not had played A game if he was on Geelongs list!
i hope houli comes good as there has been glimpses of what he can do (like a lot of players) but i think prismall showed a lot in his 12games last year without a pre-season!

your kidding right??

Prismall had worked his way into Geelongs best 22 when he left, Houli would not had played A game if he was on Geelongs list!

I am not kidding, the only difference is age and experience, they have the same qualities, ball finding ability, awesome disposal, great endurance and a complete pussy when it comes to contact.

We need to start giving him games or he will head to Carlton.

I am not kidding, the only difference is age and experience, they have the same qualities, ball finding ability, awesome disposal, great endurance and a complete pussy when it comes to contact.

We need to start giving him games or he will head to Carlton.

This is why this season for our club is so exciting! so many players are on that edge of breaking out and while every supporter has their favourite players nobody has any real idea who is going to step up!! every opportunity has to be taken from all players like Houli & Jetta, they have to push harder than ever before, hopefully they all know that and do it!!

What's the difference between Prismall and Houli?

Houli needs 10 straight games without being dropped, it's really that simple.

your kidding right??

i hope houli comes good as there has been glimpses of what he can do (like a lot of players) but i think prismall showed a lot in his 12games last year without a pre-season!

I tend to agree with bipolarbear. I dont see a great deal of difference in the 2 apart from the opportunity being given to one over the other. Bachar's stats are one thing that can never be criticised, its just the constant criticism of this lack of a defensive game that others dont seem to require that i find frustrating. Last year his form at bendigo was outstanding yet he couldnt get a look because of this percieved weakness in his game that had to be remedied, yet the off season trade waltzed straight in off the back of a couple of 1/2 matches. I'd even go as far to say that Prismall's defensive game is worse than Houli.

Handballing is a huge issue. The Rioli "delicious" goal last year is a great example.

I don't think he's a good kick in play either, I think he looks good when he kicks but he gets under it far too much. Bit like Dyson did at the start.

Just gives the ball up too easily for at the moment (he's not alone there).

I'm not a big Prismall fan either, I reckon he still plays Geelong style football and hasn't adjusted to our style of play. But he uses the ball better than Houli.

Hes a good kick in play, set shots not as good. Handballing is a bigger issue.

I thought his handballing in the NAB was quite good. It was very hit and miss last year but general technique looks to be ok.

I think he just needs to get to the 50 game mark to be a pretty good player. He'll learn to keep possession better and develop the confidence in his body to use it.

I thought his handballing in the NAB was quite good. It was very hit and miss last year but general technique looks to be ok.

I think he just needs to get to the 50 game mark to be a pretty good player. He'll learn to keep possession better and develop the confidence in his body to use it.

Handballing forward of the play has been an issue in the past, although he's handballing in the NAB Cup game was fine.

His instinctive handballing, especially laterally is fine, but he runs into trouble when he has time to think and tries to invent handballs.

I am certain this issue can be overcome with continued game time in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli will be a very good player. He reads the play exceptionally well, Knights generally plays him across half back. Knights needs to play Houli regardless of form as when he is playing he doesn't seem to possess the confidance to run straight. Houli first reaction is either sideways or backwards and he is running himself into trouble and therefore disposing of the ball poorly

Houli will be a very good player. He reads the play exceptionally well, Knights generally plays him across half back. Knights needs to play Houli regardless of form as when he is playing he doesn't seem to possess the confidance to run straight. Houli first reaction is either sideways or backwards and he is running himself into trouble and therefore disposing of the ball poorly
Sounds like exactly what we need then.

I think you guys are being a little critical his only played a handfull of games and wasn't takin at pick 1 you cant expect him to play good straight away he isnt Daniel Rich.

He should get more game time this year, has great potential just needs to get improve his decision making, either than that he should be fine, looks fit, has a good kick and has pace.

He should get more game time this year, has great potential just needs to get improve his decision making, either than that he should be fine, looks fit, has a good kick and has pace.

He's in that bulbous list at Napier St. who we're all waiting for to emerge and help out old Jobe. I'd play him on the forward line.

He's in that bulbous list at Napier St. who we're all waiting for to emerge and help out old Jobe.
I'd play him on the forward line.

I would too. Get the ball turn around and kick goals from the 40 mtr zone. Doesn't have to think, just have a shot...

I would too. Get the ball turn around and kick goals from the 40 mtr zone. Doesn't have to think, just have a shot...
Spot on, a pity all these coaches in the box need to justify their salary and complicate, what is, and excuse the well worn cliche, a simple game.

And Longy413 is a notorious prime example of complicating many issues. Such as suggesting that Houli looks good when kicking the ball, but isn't actually a good kick. That is a real head scratcher that one. Its like golf, a great swing, a great drive.

I don't think so.

I think he, like Dempsey, is more suited to half back.

He's better suited to reading the play come at him and running from behind than making the play.

Stander, it's not that complicated.
People get carried away with Houli's foot skills because he's a powerful kick and he looks relatively graceful when he does it.

But he kicks under the ball and falls over to his right when he kicks. His kicking skills are overrated.

bumpy bumpo..

I know there's been quite a few people who have been watching the BBs this year and Houli has been one of the most watched players running around in the side. Most said he did ok this weekend just gone.

So, has his kicking improved and has his 'footy brain' developed at all since the last time I read a post about Bachar.

What part of his game is doing well with at Bendigo and what part of his game is he still struggling with?

Surely he is not far away from a senior game...why don't they play him!!?

bumpy bumpo..

I know there's been quite a few people who have been watching the BBs this year and Houli has been one of the most watched players running around in the side. Most said he did ok this weekend just gone.

So, has his kicking improved and has his 'footy brain' developed at all since the last time I read a post about Bachar.

What part of his game is doing well with at Bendigo and what part of his game is he still struggling with?

Surely he is not far away from a senior game...why don't they play him!!?

Nobby.

I would imagine he may actually possibly get a call up soon.

Was solid again on the weekend, seemed to kick it a bit more than he usually does and looked like he was playing a more outside role (Howlett/Myers inside roles) than he has in recent weeks.

Did ok, however their were better players than him, so be interesting to see when he gets a call up..

Heard he isn't selected in the 25 for this week again. Bloody bullshit. Knights has to be the worst coach atm

Heard he isn't selected in the 25 for this week again. Bloody bullshit. Knights has to be the worst coach atm

The only thing knights has done right is not playing this basher gimp he is a terrible football who puts his team-mates under some much pressure with his hospital handballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back