Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, dear.

Dogs played him as wing/hf, which is one of the reasons he's leaving. He wants to be in the guts.

Play Smith on the wing and he'll be out of Geelong after one year.
There are no wings at Kardinia Park

DeKoning would have replaced Jones in his natural position. Not the ruck where Chris Scott is determined to play him out of position.

The dogs talls aren't lumbering anyway.

Plenty of smalls in the team and seems like they're a good chance of taking Clohesy off Geelong too
Got a sneaky feeling he likes the ruck, as a defender he looks a little disinterested, he was more energetic in the ruck and being able to move around ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father Sons and Academy blokes aren’t accessible to the rest of the Draft. You may as well just wipe them off the Draft board.

Teams will match anything for those guys, especially now the JUH Rule has been scrapped.

Pick 15 is still the 15th best available player whether it’s at 15 or 21.

You’re not drafting Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard, Welsh, Campo brothers etc.
No point adding them into the Draft pool.
They are in the draft pool. The other club is not obliged to match the bid eg. Josh Dunkley

They are in the draft pool. The other club is not obliged to match the bid eg. Josh Dunkley

Yes and I get that, hence why I said Cats should look to move up to (post bids) 11-14 range to help satisfy the Dogs and I’ve maintained that all the way through.

Im just saying that all those guys are going to be bid matched so it’s pointless bringing them up.
Not concerned in the slightest that anyone I listed would not be matched.

Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard, Welsh, Campo bros.
Do we think we will see any of them not making it to their destination?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back