Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, dear.

Dogs played him as wing/hf, which is one of the reasons he's leaving. He wants to be in the guts.

Play Smith on the wing and he'll be out of Geelong after one year.
There are no wings at Kardinia Park

DeKoning would have replaced Jones in his natural position. Not the ruck where Chris Scott is determined to play him out of position.

The dogs talls aren't lumbering anyway.

Plenty of smalls in the team and seems like they're a good chance of taking Clohesy off Geelong too
Got a sneaky feeling he likes the ruck, as a defender he looks a little disinterested, he was more energetic in the ruck and being able to move around ground.

why are we even chasing Smith? Going by this thread Rory Lobb is the one we really need to get after. Sounds like he might be the best the game has ever seen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are we even chasing Smith? Going by this thread Rory Lobb is the one we really need to get after. Sounds like he might be the best the game has ever seen!

Remember when Dogs fans wanted him cast off into the shadow realm and those same fans were suddenly posting that he should be a AA defender nomination?

“Number 1 defender on the number 1 defensive team!”

Apparently we all got it wrong making a thread about Bailey Smith.

5 million a year and 2 firsts should get it done for all time defensive great Rory the Lobbster 🦞

No.1 defender in the game according to Doggy supporters.

Hes nowhere near the #1 defender but you gotta admit, what he’s done in a quick timeframe is pretty impressive. In terms of 1 on 1s, he lost 13.6% of them.

Comparison of other gun defenders:
Weitering 11.1%
Rampe 11.5%
Wilkie 13%
May 13.5%
Andrews 14.6%
Collins 15.8%
Sicily 17.8%
Ballard 18.2%

I know you’re just taking the piss but I think he deserves some credit

Hes nowhere near the #1 defender but you gotta admit, what he’s done in a quick timeframe is pretty impressive. In terms of 1 on 1s, he lost 13.6% of them.

Comparison of other gun defenders:
Weitering 11.1%
Rampe 11.5%
Wilkie 13%
May 13.5
Andrew’s 14.6%
Collins 15.8%
Sicily 17.8%
Ballard 18.2%

I know you’re just taking the piss but I think he deserves some credit

Lots of players have small patches in their careers where they look like superstars, that’s why they made the AFL in the first place.
They are all elite athletes.

If he sustains it next year I’m sure he’ll get praise but the sample size is barely worth mentioning.
In the prior 13/14 weeks he was a list clogger that Bulldogs were gonna have to give up a draft pick to get rid of.
And he’s always been one of those players where the name of paper is far superior to the output on the field.

Guys that live off the “potential” label. Cats will be hoping Baz isn’t gonna live off the “hype” label and actually produces like he did for a 2 years stretch that looked incredible.
Doggies went and brought in Ed Richards as a replacement mid, a fantastic move. Was a huge fan of him from the start and always wanted someone like him at our club, Doggies have done super well with Ed and his transition to midfielder.

Lots of players have small patches in their careers where they look like superstars, that’s why they made the AFL in the first place.

If he sustains it next year I’m sure he’ll get praise but the sample size is barely worth mentioning.
In the prior 13/14 weeks he was a list clogger that Bulldogs were gonna have to give up a draft pick to get rid of.
And he’s always been one of those players where the name of paper is far superior to the output on the field.

Guys that live off the “potential” label. Cats will be hoping Baz isn’t gonna live off the “hype” label and actually produces.
Doggies went and brought in Ed Richards, a fantastic move. Was a huge fan of him from the start and always wanted someone like him at our club, Doggies have done super well with Ed and his transition to midfielder.
God you talk absolute drivel. There's a but of bullshit on your lips there

In the prior 13/14 weeks he was a lost clogger that Bulldogs we’re gonna have to give up a draft pick to get rid of.

It is getting mentioned though, everywhere, because he played some seriously good footy back there. It’s one thing to be an elite athlete, it’s another to read the game, the ball coming in and body positioning.

God you talk absolute drivel. There's a but of bullshit on your lips there

They don’t watch Dogs games, I don’t know what you’re expecting. Before his AA caliber season he was pretty bad, so it’s understandable they think he still sucks. Anyway, this is a Bailey Smith thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back