Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading this thread, we now have a good idea which Cats' poster called up TR and said not trading him to the Cats would be a human rights abuse....

The ****ing entitlement, lmao.
AFL also feed this sense of entitlement to be fair. For too long its been a sense of "If I nominate a club and im out of contract, you must accept any offer given no matter what"

AFL need to get in the face of the AFLPA and start to enforce not only contracts but being on a list. If Smith doesnt get to Geelong make him enter the PSD with a price on his head that Bulldogs can match and accept. If he refuses to play deregister him as a player and send him to a early retirement. He will have plenty of time to focus on his mental health when he isnt a AFL footballer

AFL also feed this sense of entitlement to be fair. For too long its been a sense of "If I nominate a club and im out of contract, you must accept any offer given no matter what"

AFL need to get in the face of the AFLPA and start to enforce not only contracts but being on a list. If Smith doesnt get to Geelong make him enter the PSD with a price on his head that Bulldogs can match and accept. If he refuses to play deregister him as a player and send him to a early retirement. He will have plenty of time to focus on his mental health when he isnt a AFL footballer
Only issue there is look who the president of the AFLPA is.

This same bloke that's tried pulling the 'mental health' card to devalue trades for players coming to Geelong before.

Only issue there is look who the president of the AFLPA is.

This same bloke that's tried pulling the 'mental health' card to devalue trades for players coming to Geelong before.
Let him make a dick of himself. Tell the players to all go on strike to protect Bailey Smiths ego and see how far that gets them

A very heated morning from our friends from West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey. Im here out of respect to the hustle, not any issues with Geelong :D
That's fine.

Clubs losing OOC players will nearly always get unders. The threat of sending to the draft is a game of chicken only one club can lose on. The club with the OOC player. Everyone else is either no worse off or gets the player.

Players in the system don't have to choose the PSD. They can choose the ND, and their manager can stop any other club talking to them. What club would pick Smith in the draft without the due diligence on his knee or mental health?

I would prefer we weren't d***s about it.
I thought the same thing last year with esava. However the later pick we got back was used on Lawson Humphrey who's a star. I'd think the dogs would prefer the first round to be in the top 10, smith was pick 6 or 7, and apart from 2023, he's played like a top 10 pick. I'm not sure why Collingwood or Carlton aren't keen, he's a better fit there than houston, and they've got pick 13. Even Melbourne I'd be saying we've got pick 5, I'm sure that would please drago petracca and Oliver too.

I agree this nominating clubs is bullshit and needs to go. That's what free agency is, the player chooses, the club should get more say in these situations.

I'm not sold on smith and how he fits with bruhn, Holmes, Clark and Bowes in our midfield. I think this is a Mackie move and not a wellsy one

That's fine.

Clubs losing OOC players will nearly always get unders. The threat of sending to the draft is a game of chicken only one club can lose on. The club with the OOC player. Everyone else is either no worse off or gets the player.

Players in the system don't have to choose the PSD. They can choose the ND, and their manager can stop any other club talking to them. What club would pick Smith in the draft without the due diligence on his knee or mental health?
Both lose not just the club withe the OoC player. Actually the manager loses most of all because he's the one with his job on the line to get him to the club of choice. Also what stops the dogs from giving the info their manager wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back