Ball not traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Why dont you Collingwood blokes leave us alone, its all over, you are now 1 of 15 who he may go too, see ya later.

Exactly.

Trade week is over and we'll be taking our board back now.

Pies fans, you've got the main board, the drafts and trading board and bay 13 if you want to discuss the issue with opposition supporters. This board is our little refuge away from the rest of you.

Thanks.

I don't see why people are raising a marginal loss in the GF as some kind of sign you are screwed without Ball. If it wasn't wet I felt that the Saints would have won comfortably. It was just unfortunate that it was wet that day given we are still in a drought.

They are now saying to Ball "You are not worth pick 21 in a weak draft".

Butthe thing is...we never had pick 21, we had to trade player that we werent prepared to trade to get pick 21, i would of thought pick 28 or whatever we were offering would be better than the big fat zero you will end up gettin for him. what we were really sayin is your not worth pick 28 and a young promising player, which he probably isnt.
Ball will be a great addition to melbourne

That's right, COllingwood didn't have pick 21. The only reason we wanted pick 21 was to get Everitt. North had pick 21 but didn't want to let go of it for what COllingwood was offering. If Everiit was available for pick 25 Ball would have gone to Coll, Wellingham and somethign else to North and Everitt to Stk.

Since this was not going to happen Ball didnt get traded. We could haave compromised and got pick25 - which would have been ok, but we didnt.

Maybe it is a case of a lesson in loyalty to the team. A hard lesson where club takes a hit, Ball takes a massive hit but players learn a morality lesson in hard ball - with the underlying current being a display of who is the boss.

In the end Ross and co. did well. But then again there was little else with club culture in mind that they could do.

I don't see why people are raising a marginal loss in the GF as some kind of sign you are screwed without Ball. If it wasn't wet I felt that the Saints would have won comfortably. It was just unfortunate that it was wet that day given we are still in a drought.

How ****ing ironic. The gods turned against us at the last minute....hubris???

& it proved that Milne, Schneider, Ralph Clarke & Kosi can't absorb the physical nature of such a game. Adding Lovett, who is one of the less physical types & one who let kids take his void at Essendon, at the expensive of Ball, is a major stepdown & a move that hardly is going to prove the gap b/w Geelong.

What parallel dimension do you inhabit?

As Brian Speaking stated - you have no idea.

And lets not even start on your 'bank on it' bullshit tips during tradeweek.

You missed out. Deal with it.

That's right, COllingwood didn't have pick 21. The only reason we wanted pick 21 was to get Everitt. North had pick 21 but didn't want to let go of it for what COllingwood was offering. If Everiit was available for pick 25 Ball would have gone to Coll, Wellingham and somethign else to North and Everitt to Stk.

Since this was not going to happen Ball didnt get traded. We could haave compromised and got pick25 - which would have been ok, but we didnt.

Maybe it is a case of a lesson in loyalty to the team. A hard lesson where club takes a hit, Ball takes a massive hit but players learn a morality lesson in hard ball - with the underlying current being a display of who is the boss.

In the end Ross and co. did well. But then again there was little else with club culture in mind that they could do.

I was obviously focusing all my attention on the Burgoyne deal, did the Luke Ball deal go through a mediation process like that one?

The way I read the situation was that Collingwood needed to do more, but they didn't, preferring to sit back with the fact "Ball chose us..." mentality. Taking nothing will eventually pan out for St Kilda the way it did for Port.

Hawthorn knew they wouldn't be able to hold Port over a barrel, they had to offer something of substance. In the end it had to go through 4 clubs and become very complicated, but a good result came of it all. The hawks got there man and Port were satisfied. It seems to me the Pies were happy enough to say "We want Luke Ball" without ever really meaning it.

Gardiner (31) McEvoy, King (31) Stanley, Gaertner, McGrath, Hayes (30) Armitage, Steven, Geary, Milne (30) Tungatulum, Heyne & Blake (30) McGuire will have to replaced in a period of comprimized drafts. Add losing Ball for nothing & that is 6 players that have to be turned over without draft picks.

...to name a few.

Today was a statement, we are one of the Kings of the Jungle now so treat us with respect or we will tear you to pieces. No longer can clubs pick over our carcass, well done Ross and Drainy, we are a professional organisation with a ruthless streak...a sure recipe for success.

No one will **** with us in trade week next year.

You have to wonder how Ball feels about Collingwood right now.
From what I understand today is that he understands that Collingwood were more than fair and that the failed trade was St.Kilda's fault and their stubbornness and unwillingness to finalise a deal they had initially accepted earlier in the week. St.Kilda's request of Collingwood trading two players and two second round draft picks in a deal involving three to four clubs was unreasonable and not what the two clubs had agreed to earlier in the week. He's now going to take two weeks off, but it appears that he is not interested in speaking to any other club and he still wants to play for Collingwood.

I think that he will nominate for the national draft instead of waiting for the pre-season draft in an attempt to be selected by Collingwood with pick #30. This will mean that he will have to place a first year price of about $900,000-$1,000,000 on his head to prevent other clubs from selecting him, and Collingwood will have to juggle player payments for next season to free-up about $400,000 to accommodate that. His second year will then be $250,000-$350,000, and then the third season will be $250,000.

From what I understand today is that he understands that Collingwood were more than fair and that the failed trade was St.Kilda's fault and their stubbornness and unwillingness to finalise a deal they had initially accepted earlier in the week.
Really? I would've thought he was smarter than that.

He chose a club where he wasn't first priority, and had little to bargain with after they'd completed their main trade. Said club has also has a history of teams being reluctant at best to deal with them.

I can't say definitively why we might've turned down a trade we initially proposed (a theory which only seems to be published by Collingwood fans on Bigfooty), but most likely it's for the same reason we pulled Ball's proposed three year deal. Circumstances changed. We brought in two new players which suited our needs, and so our requirements changed.

St.Kilda's request of Collingwood trading two players and two second round draft picks in a deal involving three to four clubs was unreasonable and not what the two clubs had agreed to earlier in the week.
So apparently Ball is not worth the effort of pursuing in a three or four club deal.

As for 'not what the clubs had agreed to', garbage. If the clubs agreed, the paperwork would've been lodged and the trade would've been made.

He's now going to take two weeks off, but it appears that he is not interested in speaking to any other club and he still wants to play for Collingwood.
Well that's just a silly strategy. He should speak to the other clubs, because there's better than even odds he'll end up at one of them.

goodie, that post should have registered on the flog alarm, I mean the great and omnipotent KS talking about "understanding" and "thinking" when discussing Collingwood doing anything wrong, underhanded, cheap or anything which can be explaiend away with excuses or a victim mentality is like waving a red flag at a bull.

Ignore it and hopefully it'll slink back into its diatribe of "we lost this match because...." elsewhere on the forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goodie, that post should have registered on the flog alarm, I mean the great and omnipotent KS talking about "understanding" and "thinking" when discussing Collingwood doing anything wrong, underhanded, cheap or anything which can be explaiend away with excuses or a victim mentality is like waving a red flag at a bull.

Ignore it and hopefully it'll slink back into its diatribe of "we lost this match because...." elsewhere on the forum.
My bad, the amount of theories, opinions and crap being posted as fact got to me.

It's on the ignore list now

From what I understand today is that he understands that Collingwood were more than fair and that the failed trade was St.Kilda's fault and their stubbornness and unwillingness to finalise a deal they had initially accepted earlier in the week. St.Kilda's request of Collingwood trading two players and two second round draft picks in a deal involving three to four clubs was unreasonable and not what the two clubs had agreed to earlier in the week. He's now going to take two weeks off, but it appears that he is not interested in speaking to any other club and he still wants to play for Collingwood.

I think that he will nominate for the national draft instead of waiting for the pre-season draft in an attempt to be selected by Collingwood with pick #30. This will mean that he will have to place a first year price of about $900,000-$1,000,000 on his head to prevent other clubs from selecting him, and Collingwood will have to juggle player payments for next season to free-up about $400,000 to accommodate that. His second year will then be $250,000-$350,000, and then the third season will be $250,000.

How might the other players react to this? Won't happen:D

IMO I hope Ball stays and in return is part of the 2010 Saints flag......no chance the wobbles are going to be in the playoffs for the GF next year with or without him.

By adding Jolly to that list of flogs wont get them to the level set by us or the Cats.

How might the other players react to this?
I have absolutely no doubt that Collingwood can manage this for one season. I was speaking to my brother who is a CPA, and he has no doubt either. The only problem is that there is still a risk that another club could select him, but I don't think they would with that sort of figure for one year. He seems very keen to join Collingwood, and I'm sure the club are going to do everything possible to help make that happen.
Won't happen:D
Well he certainly isn't going to stay at St.Kilda. Not only did they prevent the trade from occurring, but they have withdrawn the contract as well. He is uncontracted and unwanted and there is obviously bad blood between Luke Ball and Ross Lyon. If a contract is offered, it will be significantly less than the previous one because St.Kilda's salary cap is so tight now.

It seems that St.Kilda is punishing him for wanting to leave, and trying to dictate which teams he can and can't play for, and he does not want to play for Melbourne. Therefore, I don't expect him to wait for the pre-season draft, so I'm sure he will take the risk in the national draft so that Collingwood can select him with pick #30. As I said though, to put other clubs off, Collingwood is going to have to juggle the salary cap, but I have no doubt that can be done for one season. :)

I heard Ross Lyon yesterday stating that there are two choices that Luke Ball can make, and that is to stay at Sr.Kilda and earn his new contract and position in the team, or take his chances in the pre-season draft. It seems that he was unaware that there were other options that can also be taken. Luke Ball was in tears yesterday, and he doesn't deserve that. I'm sure he is angry as wel, and I am certainly aware that Collingwood are after St.Kilda decided to change their mind about their initial agreement.

"If anyone's not up for the challenge, they can walk in and tell me and I'll move them on." - Ross Lyon; 27th September, 2009.

we are in our premiership window NOW

a kid picked at 25 is NOT GOING TO HELP THAT AT ALL

Do you understand that?

And trading Ball to the scum for pick 25 would have helped out a preliminary finalist from last year, do you want that?

Think before typing, it always helps

Who the hell is talking about premierships? What the hell does luke ball or pick 25 have to do with winning premierships?

You think luke ball or some 18yo is going to make a difference to weather or not we win a premiership next year? Thes posts have absolutley nothing to do with premierships.

This issue about loosing luke ball and getting nothing as appose to getting pick 25 for luke ball.

I mean you would have to be shit for brains to think getting nothing is better than pick 25. I would be very surprised if lyon offered him another contract.

and IMO everyone f@#$ed up. Luke Ball rejected an offer we gave him. Then he nominated 1 particular club which he is entitled to do but should never have done. Then the club is also to blame because we had pick 25 and now we get nothing. How can anyone possibly justify that.

..... Luke Ball was in tears yesterday, and he doesn't deserve that. I'm sure he is angry as wel, and I am certainly aware that Collingwood are after St.Kilda decided to change their mind about their initial agreement.....

Was he crying on Malthouse's shoulder or Buckley's (don't know who your couch is these days???)?

Looks like the Wobbles made promises they could not actually keep...but your lot have a history of failed trades don't you:D

BTW I thought the trade as goldspink and #25 ?

Originally Posted by Jabso View Post
Early in the week they indicated that Goldsack and 30 was more or less what they'd accept. Both parties seemed to agree on that so they both went their own ways to pursue Jolly, Lovett and Peake trades thinking the Ball trade would be simple.

Come Friday they would not accept 25 and Goldsack.

FFS quit f*cken us around

Ah, two of Collingwood's finest paying us a visit...

Hush now !

FFS quit f*cken us around

Pretty sure that's our line there champ.

1st day of trade week; St Kilda approach Collingwood and suggest Goldsack + 30, collingwood do one of two things according to your failed quote;

#1: Yeah sure, talk to me again in a week.
#2: Nope, can't do it think of something else.

Trade week is concluding and from 9:30am Friday St Kilda and Collingwood are locked in a room to discuss the Ball deal, Collingwood make the concession that yes, we'll be happy with Goldsack and 30 for Ball now and St Kilda do one of two things;

#1: Yeah sure talk to me in 4 and a half hours.
#2: Nope, can't do it think of something else.

And yet, we are the villain in screwing around with Collingwood?

If you schmucks were happy with Goldsack and pick 30 at the beginning then it is your failing for screwing around and not signing the deal there and then when we were willing to do so. If you have a hamburger and I want the hamburger for the price you paid for it and you tell me "wait a week while I explore other alternatives" and then offer me the hamburger, I'm goign to punch you in the face for making me go hungry. And yet, it'll be entirely my fault that I punch you in the face.

That's some screwed up logic you're using there chip, and that you're still banging on about it instead of one of the other 47 threads that I don't have to read, you must just crave attention you detestable little ****.

Exit back to Collingwood and FFS quit screwin us around with yer ugly mug.

It's been interesting watching the spin. Thursday night the speculation was that we'd accept pick 30 and be grateful for it. Now apparently Collingwood agreed to our requests at the start of the week, both teams managed to get themselves distracted and then big bad St Kilda changed their minds and screwed off those innocent Magpies.

Keep this up and soon the story will be St Kilda demanded Brown, Davis, Swan and Eddie's second born child, then refused to sign the trade papers because they weren't written with Buckley's blood.

It's been interesting watching the spin. Thursday night the speculation was that we'd accept pick 30 and be grateful for it. Now apparently Collingwood agreed to our requests at the start of the week, both teams managed to get themselves distracted and then big bad St Kilda changed their minds and screwed off those innocent Magpies.

Keep this up and soon the story will be St Kilda demanded Brown, Davis, Swan and Eddie's second born child, then refused to sign the trade papers because they weren't written with Buckley's blood.

Maybe we were big bad Egypt demanding the first born sons of all the star players they have who are untouchable?:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball not traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back