Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
now cmon aph i must protest. i am offended. the bay would have divvied this weeks ago.

my only comment on the last XXX pages of this yarran banter thread.

yarran is not gonna put richmond any further up the ladder. i cannot understand why in hell they are bothering with him.
they are in the best position theyve been in for decades, and trying to reach the top with 2nd & 3rd rounders.

bundle pick 12, 19 with deledio and go and chase someone with real class from the northern states. or just remain idle.

Eliminated in three consecutive years and heading for a 4peat next year VJ. :p

They will probably finish 9th! :D

Then why the hell are you saying we valued Astbury at 17 if you knew we were chucking in a second rounder with him?

And everywhere I saw was for #21.

Because your second rounder this year is worthless. Pick 31 in a weak draft? No wonder Bris Vegas knocked you back. Even they aren't that stupid.

Yarran is miles above Astbury. He's also worth more than Pick #17 or Pick #19. That's why we haven't given him to you. You guys think you're going to hang on to Pick #12 and get Yarran as well. Ridiculous.

The trade is on our terms. The guy is contracted with us. Once you understand that, then maybe you'll realise why we're not giving him up for every shitty offer you guys pop up with.

• It emerged Carlton would also have rejected pick 17, which the Tigers attempted to secure from Brisbane in a trade involving defender David Astbury.
Too funny. You guys wouldn't of even accepted what you've been asking for half the trade period. ******* hell i'd rather deal with Dodoro.

Actually we said initially we would be looking for first rounders for Henderson and Yarran, but we didn't say any first rounder. That implication came from Dan Richardson. Looks like he was being a bit mischievous with his language.

We speak differently in these parts, TG. And while I'm about it, just cause it says this is a banter thread regarding the Yarran trade, doesn't mean you can come in here bantering about Yarran. Or his trade. Have I made myself clear?

"No need to bloody go crook!"

th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were reasonable. Deal was done.

Brisbane were reasonable. Deal was done.

Richmond try to bargain like they are buying a Persian rug...shown up for the amateurs they are.
Actually negotiations were carried out so that both clubs came to an agreement, do you really think either Geelong or Adelaide got the best deal they possibly could, no they compromised.

SOS is new at this game, hopefully by Thursday he will realise compromisation by both parties is required to get these deals done, and if teports are correctt Carlton want to do this deal as much as Richmond and Yarran.

Are bitchmond stupid? We ask for pick 12 they come back with pick 19 which is not even a first round pick? We should just walk away **** them, I am getting sick of the flogs coming in here telling us he is only worth 19 etc.
Probably not even worth 19 but we are willing too pay overs just to make SOS think he had a win, but now we have two first round picks many of us at Richmond would be quite happy if you walk away, our success at developing our early round picks recently makes our two picks enticing and you start to wonder if its worth taking on Yarrans possible baggage.

The only losers will be Carlton and Yarran if Carlton doesnt do a deal, your rebuilding so he is hardly the type tou need not too mention he has been clear that he doesnt want to play for you.

I Rate Yarran highly as most here probably know, But if #19 doesnt get it done then just walk away

Too much time already invested in the trade , Need to move on and look at what els might be available.

Probably best for both clubs if Carlton really rate him that highly

Not bad only two posts deleted;)

I'll admit my initial greeting to TheAnt was not worthy of my normal standards. It was just the result of the adrenaline rush I received when those other Richmond posters left the building.

I meant no harm concerning Bert and Ernie. I love the guys and I'm OK with their friendship.

However the POTY goes to Thy in response to the Alph reference. I haven't laughed that loudly in ages. Good for the soul and what banter should be about.

PS- Sorry Aph. I could feel your rage. I hope it hasn't ruined your day/night. What time is it?

Actually we said initially we would be looking for first rounders for Henderson and Yarran, but we didn't say any first rounder. That implication came from Dan Richardson. Looks like he was being a bit mischievous with his language.
Oooh, do you really want me to go through all of the info and your previous posts to show the changes in language as they happened, and how you construed them to happen?

I do love your passion for your club and I commend you for it. Not a piss take. It's really great to see.

Oooh, do you really want me to go through all of the info and your previous posts to show the changes in language as they happened, and how you construed them to happen?

I do love your passion for your club and I commend you for it. Not a piss take. It's really great to see.

I'm just like anybody not in the trade room. I interpret according to what comes out.

I did hear first rounder from McKay so when Richardson said we asked for a first rounder, I interpreted that as any first rounder and he implied as much. However the Blues are apparently saying 12 but I can't say they changed their minds as they never specified ... Richardson pretty much did.

We did say he is contracted so we wanted something we were happy with for a trade to happen. Obviously they are not happy. Perhaps they are annoyed with an approach to a player with a season and a half on his contract left and the resultant behaviour of that player since that approach.

Perhaps they think Richmond shouldn't be trying to have their cake and eat it too by keeping 12 when we feel Yarran's value was decreased after your approach. I know I am very cynical about that.

I'm just like anybody not in the trade room. I interpret according to what comes out.

I did hear first rounder from McKay so when Richardson said we asked for a first rounder, I interpreted that as any first rounder and he implied as much. However the Blues are apparently saying 12 but I can't say they changed their minds as they never specified ... Richardson pretty much did.

We did say he is contracted so we wanted something we were happy with for a trade to happen. Obviously they are not happy. Perhaps they are annoyed with an approach to a player with a season and a half on his contract left and the resultant behaviour of that player since that approach.

Perhaps they think Richmond shouldn't be trying to have their cake and eat it too by keeping 12 when we feel Yarran's value was decreased after your approach. I know I am very cynical about that.
Hey, it's really not a hassle. At the end of the day the sun will still rise tomorrow, your kids will still bewilder you and in a hundred years we'll all be dead and no-one will give a bugger about pick 12, 8 or of the price of fish in 2015. But in the meantime we all just want to see some good competitive footy.

As they should.
Later they will just bewilder. They are then educated but still believe in Dads never ending money tree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back