Bate, Warnock and Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop writing BS. The kid was a victim of Bailey's incompetance. How was any small forward supposed to shine when we couldn't get the ball inside 50, and when we did, we were outnumbered 7 to 3? Plus he had no power forward to feed off.

Maric has got some talent and I hope he prospers at a new club.

Rubbish. He did nothing and showed nothing other than a couple of preseason games. He was a victim of his own ego - lazy and uncommitted. If he pulls his finger out he might become a footballer but as it is he's just another couldabeen.

Maric for pick 40 from North - has been reported
Bate for pick 57 from Bulldogs (39 would be nice, but not realistic)
Warnock + 36 for Saad + 45 from GC

Melbourne gain
Saad + picks 40 45 57

Melbourne Lose
Bate Maric Warnock and pick 36

Picks may help us get Lisle, especiall seing the hawks have downgarded their picks in the proposed Gunston deal.

Melbourne gain
Saad + picks 40 45 57

Melbourne Lose

Picks may help us get Lisle, especiall seing the hawks have downgarded their picks in the proposed Gunston deal.

How do we get Saad? isnt he tradable by GWS not GC?

Melbourne gain
Saad + picks 40 45 57

Melbourne Lose

Where does GC get Saad from?
Would look for a pick upgrade from the Dogs for Bate and GC for Warnock if there's trade there.
e.g. Bate + 54 for 39, Warnock + 36 for 27

How do we get Saad? isnt he tradable by GWS not GC?

Where does GC get Saad from?
Would look for a pick upgrade from the Dogs for Bate and GC for Warnock if there's trade there.
e.g. Bate + 54 for 39, Warnock + 36 for 27

Woops missed a step. Warnock for pick 45? and 36 to GWS for Saad

watch this space

western bulldogs offered pick 39 for m.bate (melb said no)

melbourne want to trade m.bate and pick 72 to the bulldogs for pick 39 and 57

lets see who folds?

what do you guys think will happen???

watch this space

lets see who folds?

Well..

Since we won't use 72... no.

The guy couldn't get a game at Melbourne, and apparently really really wants to be at the dogs.. so I'm glad #39 was declined.. because Melbourne will hold out for nothing and he walks (if uncontracted), or you keep a player who doesn't want to be there.

You won't be getting #39 and #57... compromised draft or not

watch this space

lets see who folds?

Considering we have fantasia in control, we will fold and completely f-up this trade for a meh player.

Can't believe he's stuffed up an excellent deal for Hill two years in a row:(

pick 72 will def be used in this years draft

bate is contracted for another year at melb

bate is a reasonable player good kicking mid sized half foward flank

i agree his fair trade value is between pick 34-39 at the moment

you being happy pick 39 was declined shows poor evaluation of this player on your part

however he is a better player than that and if the bullies get him they wont be disappionted

personally i hope we keep him

pick 72 will def be used in this years draft

bate is contracted for another year at melb

bate is a reasonable player good kicking mid sized half foward flank

i agree his fair trade value is between pick 34-39 at the moment

you being happy pick 39 was declined shows poor evaluation of this player on your part

however he is a better player than that and if the bullies get him they wont be disappionted

personally i hope we keep him

Most bulldog fans hope you do too:thumbsu:

Yeah and I hope you take him for pick 39. He's the slowest player for his size in the league.

Hopefully the Dogs are as alert to this fact as are the supporters of both the bulldogs and Melbourne. He is not needed on our list. If he was any good he would have been playing for your mob:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely the funniest moment of trade week so far.

Tell 'em they're DREAMING!!!!!!!
Neeld has big plans for Bate. Thinks he has been used completely wrong whilst at the Demons and knows exactly the role he wants Bate to play in 2012.

Hint: Get Bate in your supercoach team next year.

Warnock will go, we obviously can't fit him in with Garland, Rivers and Frawley. Bate is the one that really shits me, the guy could be a bloody gun H/F rotating midfielder, i actually don't know why he has not come on. We could have him and Sylvia patrolling the H/F line and causing some damage, and then rotated through the guts, but they just aren't doing it. Hopefully Neeld will get the best out of Sylvia, and i hope he tries to convince Bate to stay, cause Bate has a lot of potential in the second half of his career. He will probably go to Sydney and just carve it up.

Is this true? He's a late 2nd rounder at absolute best.

Not even that mate, 3rd rounder at the very best. The guy is as agile as an elephant.

Saying that, he does have another year on his contract, and I think the coaching department has plans for him next year. Slim him down a bit, gear his body up for a big year in the midfield.

I would've taken that if I were Melbourne. He's a handy player, decent mits etc. I can kind of see him play the Schultz role.

Are you kidding me? Bate has too much talent and potential to be lost to the dogs for that crap pick. Neeld will sort him out. We finally have a coach who knows what to do, has been in really good environment at Collingwood and is not Dean Bailey. I think Neeld has seen how good Collingwood's H/F line is, and i hope he can convince Bate to stay and get the most from him.

The Melbourne front office want a first rounder for Bate? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I am telling you guys, Bate will boom with a decent coach and a better game plan. He is a preseason & fresh start away from being a gun H/F rotating midfielder. Melbourne know, and Neeld knows, how good Bate is, they will make it super tough to let him go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bate, Warnock and Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back