Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the VIP thing esential?
Well, yeah.

Basically the VIP pass gives you access to more maps (some are just new maps for different modes, not 'new' maps) for nothing.

Plus it makes the 1.7GB patch relevant as that is the 3 (or is it 4?) new maps that were introduced.

Ok so I don't get smashed straight up what gun's and classes do you recomend for a noob who is awesome at COD games?

Did you get it pre-owned? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?!
Ok so I don't get smashed straight up what gun's and classes do you recomend for a noob who is awesome at COD games?
As everyone has said here before to new players the best class to start with is Medic.

It'll gain you the most points the fastest and the guns (although only LMG's) are pretty damn solid. You basically need to grind for a bit until you reach the point mark to when you unlock the medic pack (and the defib's to an extent too) but from then on you'll be consistently racking up 2000+ points if you play it for your team. Once you unlock the defibs just go around throwing medkits out everywhere and reviving anyone you see the revive symbol on. You will easily break the 4000 point barrier a number of times.

My Score Per Minute when I stopped playing was at 190 and this was switching from Medic to Engineer as I saw fit for the match situations. Definitely saw a rise when I went to Medic more though.

Personally after getting used to it and getting into the feel of the game I'd switch to Engineer as the class is IMO the best and the guns are far more 'COD' suited which once you've got into the feel of the game will become an easier switch. To start off on this class takes a bit of work (which is what I did and did struggle for a good while). You also get some handy helpers like an RPG and Anti-Tank mines to take out tanks and heli's and a repair tool that will obviously help you repair things like tanks and heli's.

Sorry OzB, my PS3 froze and then I decided to start watching the cricket again.

It's finally good to be able to play without lag now. The enemies drop like flies when you have magnum ammo. :thumbsu:

edit: Harvest Day sucks but Oasis is probably my favourite map now (especially the last 2 or so objectives which are surrounded by buildings).

Just loaded it on the PC, updating but stuck on loader-00.fbrb for friggin ages. Is the update that massive?:confused:

Nah, Harvest Day is a good map if you put your mind to it.

I felt the same about Heavy Metal too, however I have recently warmed to that mother****er.

EDIT: Oh and no lag ftw, loved Arica Harbor today. :thumbsu:

Thought you sad you didn't have lag before today. ;)

The game, although already amazing is 100x better with no lag. So good being able to know that its equal. Also, less sim kills as well. First time I've been able to take 3 guys in one 30 bullet clip.

Thought you sad you didn't have lag before today. ;)

The game, although already amazing is 100x better with no lag. So good being able to know that its equal. Also, less sim kills as well. First time I've been able to take 3 guys in one 30 bullet clip.
People dropping quicker than ever before made me realise perhaps yes there was some lag.

Not as much as you lot seemed to think, but yeah there was definitley some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've forgotten who is who here, but I was squaded up with a couple of you guys today.
An average day for me.
Best effort was 29 kills, but got toasted 26 times myself.
I played with ya Smorgs. :)

Wow, this is different! Went medic as advised and had absolutely no clue! Maps are HUGE, which is taking alot to get use to. Drove a vehicle and got blown up. Jumped in the Heli and could remember the keys to take of so got out! Switched to Recon and tried sniping with no success.

2 games of rush, went 0-4 and 0-3. I am such a noob.:p

Wow, this is different! Went medic as advised and had absolutely no clue! Maps are HUGE, which is taking alot to get use to. Drove a vehicle and got blown up. Jumped in the Heli and could remember the keys to take of so got out! Switched to Recon and tried sniping with no success.

2 games of rush, went 0-4 and 0-3. I am such a noob.:p

Play as an Engineer, they're awesome and are the best vehicle using class.

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1140476p1.html

Vietnam scored a 9.5 from IGN. DICE have removed the scopes for all weapons other than the sniper rifles, but have balanced that by the fact that the maps offer very few long range line-of-sight opportunities.

Other than a slight worry that flamethrowers will be overpowered, this add-on looks like it's going to fix all the big issues I had with vanilla BC2, esp with teams chock full of snipers doing **** all other than padding their K/D ratio's and not moving up with the team to provide cover at the flags and other important spots in the map.

It's out sunday mourning, and I can't wait. It looks like DICE have taken a good game and made it great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back