Toast Be proud of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't be renewing my membership next year. I've been a member for five years, since I was 15, so it's with a heavy heart that I'll call it quits. I also won't be attending the welcome home party, as they have done nothing to warrant the fanfare.

Seriously? Wow. I've been on this wagon since before you were born and I'll proudly wear my original 1987 scarf up the street tomorrow, here in the heart of rural Victoria. Learn to take the loss. Or go join that other mob down the road.

Just absolutely gutted. What a piss weak performance to be putting on for the biggest day of the season. From Darling's dropped marks to Masten's pathetic weak tackles, we were absolutely disgraceful. What about Shuey's selfishness? A ******* joke. Kennedy did sweet **** all when it mattered, LeCras was a passenger. Only Pridda, Wellers and Gov can hold their heads high.

The rest were absolute dogshit.

I won't be renewing my membership next year. I've been a member for five years, since I was 15, so it's with a heavy heart that I'll call it quits. I also won't be attending the welcome home party, as they have done nothing to warrant the fanfare.

Your moniker says it all.

Scratch that. I will upload a picture of my membership burning. No jokes.

Get over it. At the end of the day you support your team through the good and bad. I started regularly supporting the Eagles circa 2008, we were bottom dwellers who shortly got the spoon. There's no way you can compare today with that. Today what I saw is a team that started the year without hope turn themselves around and make it to a GF. They lost, and lost soundly, but they will be better and stronger for the experience and they will win many more games over the coming years, and look good doing it too.

If you burn your membership, you never deserved it.

I wish I was a troll mate. I'm just ******* pissed off and feel that there was a lack of effort today. If the players won't put in the effort, why should I give my money to the club?

Come on, be realistic. Most of the team do not have GF experience, this loss will only put steel in their backbones. Won't be doing the same mistake again.

Bunch of youngsters? The average age of your side is older than most of the premiers of the past 15 years.
And what would the relevance of average of the premiers 15 years ago have to do with today....

Our team today was 2 years younger on average than the other 3 preliminary finalists, and had 30 games less experience on average than the other 3 preliminary finalists.

Shit end to what was a great season.

Coming into the season I was thinking we should make the eight and win a final and that would have been a good progression.

And that was before Easy and Brown went down.

So to have made the big dance was a sensational effort.

Hopefully both Simpson and the players learn from this.

Unfortunately Shuey has a habit of falling to pieces under September pressure. He has to get better in the biggest games (QF notwithstanding).
I know he didnt have the best game but he was one of the only guys trying to make things happen. Got a bit selfish at times but at least it shows he tried to get the team going.

Hurts doesn't it.
I don't normally do it either!
Left the Swans board alone last year and rightly so..they deserved spot and beat us fair and square.
Total opposite to you guys.
Yep good one champ. We dominated your team but kicked poorly and kept you in it. Difference between our team and yours, you have a bunch of oldies who will soon be irrelevant. Your best player is what 36, followed by Waite 33, Dal Santo 32, Firrito 32, Petrie 33.

Probably your best players and look where you ended up this season. Time for you to get excited about time in the bottom half with an irrelevant club that belongs in Tasmania.:thumbsu::thumbsu: Cheers buddy.

Disappointed but not devastated like I was in 2005. Unlike then we weren't expected to win today. My heart said Eagles but my head knew Hawthorn.

The fact that we even made the Grand Final is a massive success considering that many thought we'd struggle to make the 8. Then our key defenders went down and many thought we'd be near the bottom. We should be so proud of what we've achieved.

The boys will learn from this and be better for it. I'm especially proud of Simmo rolling the dice and sticking McGovern forward. Could have made the margin even bigger but he took the risk trying to win us the game.

Next year we will have the disappointment of the defeat to motivate us. We will have gained GF experience and be ready for it next time. Hawthorn lost in 2012. This could just be the beginning...

Be proud everyone!

And what would the relevance of average of the premiers 15 years ago have to do with today....

Our team today was 2 years younger on average than the other 3 preliminary finalists, and had 30 games less experience on average than the other 3 preliminary finalists.
So what?

You're not a young side. This was the oldest Eagles side ever.

Just seen the Gov having a beer in the rooms. That's good, that is positive.

The worst thing this group can do is let today get to them. We had absolutely no ****ing right to be there in the first place. That doesn't help the pain of today, but just see how ****ing much this group can grow and go on with it in years to come. It's ****ing on.

I know he didnt have the best game but he was one of the only guys trying to make things happen. Got a bit selfish at times but at least it shows he tried to get the team going.
Mate I'm not questioning his effort, which was first rate.

His decision marking was just awful. He has to improve because we know how good he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone's quick to jump on me, but no one is answering the elephant in the room: Where was the effort?
Effort gets drained pretty quickly by turnovers, fumbles and other skill related errors. The elephant in the room is composure under pressure and perceived pressure. Creating an account post GF to discuss effort, lacking in class. But continue on proving your lack of class.

Everyone's quick to jump on me, but no one is answering the elephant in the room: Where was the effort?

Guess you figured it out. Nisbett actually set up the whole "West Coast Eagles" thing as a front to rob you of your money. :rolleyes:

The effort was there, the composure and levelheadedness wasn't. Call it choking if you will but really it's just that we were not mentally prepared for the high pressure. We're not the first team this has happened to.

Did you expect Hawthorn players to burn their memberships after they lost the QF to us by about 5 goals (which easily could have been more)?

I understand being devastated but if you really think this team lacks work rate after what they've done this season, well, I'm surprised to be honest. With the personnel issues we've had, work rate is what got us here?

It was initially a present in my first year but I pay for it now. I can do whatever I want and that performance does not warrant renewal.

See, now I know that you're a troll. You've seen the title of this thread, right? What is it about the performances in the 24 games prior to today that doesn't deserve respect?

Have just burned my Eagles jumper in the pizza oven and am debating as to whether I should burn my membership card. I am genuinely curious as to what will happen if it gets put in a microwave.
You're such a sore loser! The effort was there but bad kicking and turnovers killed us. Hawthorne were just too good for us.

Good season by the boys. Hawthorn played 2 unbelievable accurate games against Freo and us.

They deserve the premiership. We don't need to change too much, getting McGovern forward next year and getting a fitter darling will make a big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Be proud of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back