Universal Love Being a bottom team

Remove this Banner Ad

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm actually enjoying this season more than any since 2012. No pressure to win, no games that we can 'drop', because we go in underdogs in every game. Lots of young players coming through, no more WADA stuff, and best of all, and a dozen of players to come back in next year to put us right into premiership contention. Anyone else enjoying this too much?

I think it has a lot to do with the quality of some of the newbies like Walla, Parish, Hartley & Fantasia with blokes like Merrett Daniher and Zaka really stepping up and doing their best to lead this once mighty football club.

Oh and how excellent our coach has been, i met Worsfold for the 1st time a few weeks back and he was so bloody nice, great bloke.

I'm definitely not enjoying it too much.

I hate losing as much as ever, but I've just accepted that we are going to lose most games so it doesnt make me angry or ruin my mood when it happens. So I'd say not enjoying it, but not getting angry when we lose.

Seeing the young blokes give their all each week gives me hope for the future without expecting a win.

I do like that there are zero expectations on us this year. Lets Woosha prepare and try out new things for next year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm just enjoying football as a game and spectacle again. I've been gradually becoming more disenchanted with everything about this sport from year-to-year so now that a resolution has been reached (admittedly, not the result that I wanted) I'm finally letting go of my resentment and thus reaching a point of closure.

I'm even starting to enjoy neutral games again. Been some absolutely cracking games already this season.

look at Richmond.. all their mature age picks and rookie picks have stunted the growth of their cubs.. thats what happens when you reach above your station for a flag (or top 4)

soon you'll find clubs will follow the Essendon model of having 12 of their players suspended because of the immense growth and development it gives to the younger end of their list. Then a year later when the 12 are reintergrated, the list is a complete package ready to challenge.

Dank still may have future prospects yet...

get rid of this shite. fancy praising being a garbage team... deary me.
You can be happy or you can be miserable.

Footy's a ride. Sport's a ride. You can't be at the top all the time. Sometimes you're gonna suck. Look for the positives.

soon you'll find clubs will follow the Essendon model of having 12 of their players suspended because of the immense growth and development it gives to the younger end of their list.

hahahah, I like it - the Essendon model, our football legacy and gift to humanity.

I'm enjoying it.

No expectation means minimal frustration.

Increased responsibility for Zaharakis, Merrett, Gleeson, Fantasia, Hartley, Parish and Langford will make 2017 and beyond better than it otherwise would have been.
Yep. We're getting to see kids develop a lot faster than we otherwise would have. Some won't make it, but they might and that's exciting.

I'm actually enjoying this season more than any since 2012. No pressure to win, no games that we can 'drop', because we go in underdogs in every game. Lots of young players coming through, no more WADA stuff, and best of all, and a dozen of players to come back in next year to put us right into premiership contention. Anyone else enjoying this too much?

I agree its been an enjoyable season but I am not sure about the we have no games we shouldn't expect to win, games like today, next week and the win we had against Melbourne are matches we would want to win.

I agree its been an enjoyable season but I am not sure about the we have no games we shouldn't expect to win, games like today, next week and the win we had against Melbourne are matches we would want to win.
There's a difference between want and expect. I want to win every game. But I'm also rational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Being a bottom team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back