News Ben Buckley joins North board

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne wishes to advise Ben Buckley has officially joined the club’s Board, replacing Will Houghton QC.

Houghton handed in his resignation after deciding to spend a year overseas with his family.

“When we decided to reject a relocation offer in 2007, Will was one of the first people to put his hand up and help,” chairman James Brayshaw said.

“Will’s level of support, strength and incredible legal expertise has been invaluable for the past six years.

“Will is a passionate North Melbourne man and will always be a huge part of this club.”

Buckley attended his first Board meeting at Aegis Park on Tuesday night.

“Ben is one of Australia’s most accomplished and experienced sports industry administrators and I have great pleasure welcoming him onto the Board,” Brayshaw added.

“He’s had global experience with Nike, he has been a senior manager under Andrew Demetriou at the AFL and has run Soccer Australia.

“In my opinion, his resume is astounding and you couldn’t get a better fit for our Board.”

Brayshaw said the calibre of directors available to the club can’t be underestimated.

“It’s important for our members and supporters to understand that we are very lucky to have people of such quality and experience on our Board.”

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-05-14/buckley-joins-north-board.workstation

Interesting....

On a positive side, Will wont be doing the tribunal cases from this point onward. :stern look

In all seriousness, would like to thank Will for stepping up to the plate and giving us his time.

JB receives a significant amount of flak from the media but he just keeps adding quality people to our team. Another great addition.

I'd like to vote someone in, some time before I die.

Thanks to Will QC. Apart from his actual legal advice, which was questionable at times, a contribution we can all appreciate. And welcome to the good Buckley.

I think the problem with Will Houghton's advice was that it was geared around justice and law rather than the vagaries of the AFL Tribunal, which has nothing to do with justice and law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Will one of the people who wanted to roll the Boomer dice & he got an extra 2?

Think Will also helped Schapelle when she originally got 10 years, with her appeal. She came away with 20 :)

BB is a great get for sure. If he had 2 million he would be a white knight :) .

Remove this Banner Ad

News Ben Buckley joins North board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back