Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think Kennedy is leading Melbournes BnF. Been brilliant and no reason he could've played that way with us. Has a bright future.
On Howe he's improved since his debut with us because he's being played down back, not brilliant but serviceable, goes for Mark of year too often though.

Leading their B&F? Come on mate. That's just hyperbole and sensationalism.

He's had some good games, some not so good games and played a role. But wouldn't be in top 5 B&F.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Howe occasionally impacted games for us down back, but even then he wasn't consistent enough. Rarely did he play four quarters. He's a great intercept mark, but not strong in contests.

He supposedly left Melbourne to play wing and more forward. Unfortunately for Jeremy, the only chance he has of playing consistently well is down back. It's where he played his best footy at Melbourne.

No doubt it will be considered a master stroke by Buckey to play him back, when in reality, it's the only position you'll get any value out of him.

As for Kennedy ? Tough little bugger, who's handy. I'm not a huge fan, but he presently deserves his spot. If either Collingwood or Melbourne are ever going to be top 4 sides and genuine premiership threats I can't see either of these players in their team's best lineups.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Howe occasionally impacted games for us down back, but even then he wasn't consistent enough. Rarely did he play four quarters. He's a great intercept mark, but not strong in contests.

He supposedly left Melbourne to play wing and more forward. Unfortunately for Jeremy, the only chance he has of playing consistently well is down back. It's where he played his best footy at Melbourne.

No doubt it will be considered a master stroke by Buckey to play him back, when in reality, it's the only position you'll get any value out of him.

As for Kennedy ? Tough little bugger, who's handy. I'm not a huge fan, but he presently deserves his spot. If either Collingwood or Melbourne are ever going to be top 4 sides and genuine premiership threats I can't see either of these players in their team's best lineups.
Howe could be a bottom 6 player in a very good side simply because of his aerial ability, while I'm not sure Kennedy plays in a top 4 side unless they are bereft of smalls.

Howe could be a bottom 6 player in a very good side simply because of his aerial ability, while I'm not sure Kennedy plays in a top 4 side unless they are bereft of smalls.

Perhaps. But I doubt it.

Imo, Howe wouldn't stand up in the heat of a bruising final. Let's hope we one day get to see whether I'm right or otherwise.

Still think Kennedy is leading Melbournes BnF. Been brilliant and no reason he could've played that way with us. Has a bright future.
On Howe he's improved since his debut with us because he's being played down back, not brilliant but serviceable, goes for Mark of year too often though.

Whatever you're on, I want some.

Just had a look at the Dees boards version of the Didaka Medal.
Viney leading on 55, BEN Ken on 18 and hasn't collected a vote since Round 2 where the board gave him 10 v Bombers after their loss (read: all our good players had stinkers).
Keep on peddling. :thumbsu:

Still think Kennedy is leading Melbournes BnF.
Very doubtful. Has been solid, but had a couple of average games too. In terms of output he's slightly ahead of Blair, which is pretty much what I always thought he'd be.
Been brilliant and no reason he could've played that way with us. Has a bright future.
Solid, not brilliant. Let's not get carried away. Looks like he'll play at least 100 games with the Dees though. Good on him.
He was crucial for us yesterday. Took several intercept marks and started, or was involved in several plays that resulted in goals. If he can keep performing like that he'll be a major key to our next premiership push.

Kennedy would still be playing VFL footy for us in my opinion. Howe was easily best on in that first quarter yesterday. How nice is it to have someone with elite foot skills coming out of defence?

J Crisp doesn't like this.

He was great yesterday. Everyone is talking about his marking and great skills but the play that won me over and stamped him as a Collingwood player was his head over the ball gather in the goal square when the heat was on in the last.

He showed courage and attacked the pill, picked it up cleanly and ran out from the goals and delivered cleanly to clear. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TG, cmon. I get the argument you're trying to make, but you can't be serious about Kennedy leading their BNF. Viney and Gawn are easily 1 & 2, Jones and Vince are probably ahead too. Kennedy might be able to squeeze inside the top 5, but he's not leading.

Yeah no chance Kennedy is sitting top 5 in our B&F. I like him though, because he goes when its his turn, kicks goals from anywhere and seems to have become a good kick. I disagree with Trav, both players are handy bottom 6 depth in good sides...but for very different reasons.

You really do just take a strong stance and stick to it no matter what. It's both admirable and unadmirable.

I personally feel that Game of Thrones would be infinitely better if Peter Dinklage were replaced with a swaggering, foul-mouthed Shetland pony.

I feel similarly about Jarryd Blair. Does Ben Ken have a little Shetland in him?

Howe was very good. He did try and take a few marks from behind when down back that he shouldn't have. I don't want him to stop trying to mark when it's appropriate but there's a fine line that the better defenders navigate well. As an attacking defender though he was very good and right not that is what we most need. Having his footskills along with Reid down back is a must for us. It's a much better solution to our kicking from defence that taking Pendlebury out of the midfield.

I wish we could have found a way to keep Kennedy and still get Howe. He has improved his outside game and kicking a lot this season. Much better option than Broomhead, Aish, Crocker and Blair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back