Bendigo Bombers

B Holmes Michael Flaherty

HB Crameri Johns Atkinson

C Williams Skipworth Gumbleton :)

HF Magin Hooker Davies

F Dick Weeks Bowe

R Bellchambers Peverill Ramanauskas

Int Bristow Fahour Hartigan Chartres Geary Coghlan Granger
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...task=DETAIL&articleID=5549953&sectionID=54560

Bendigo ready for win with Gumbleton back

spacer.gif
Friday, 6 June 2008
James van De Pol for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1
Scott Gumbleton will make his first appearance for the season when he returns to competitive football for Bendigo as they take on bottom of the table Box Hill Hawks on Monday at Box Hill City Oval. After suffering a knee injury and hamstring strain earlier this year, Gumbleton has completed almost three months of rehabilitation and will finally make his return through Essendon’s VFL affiliate.
Taken at Pick 2 in the 2006 National Draft, Gumbleton excited Bomber fans with his five senior games last year and they will be eager to see how he performs in his first outing for 2008, with the prospect of him soon returning to the senior Essendon side.
Coach Matthew Knights said Gumbleton - who has been named on the wing - is expected to play between 60 and 70 minutes of football for Bendigo. He will be a big "in" for a team that continues to show signs of improvement despite only two wins for the season.
In the past two rounds Bendigo trailed top of the table Williamstown by only two goals going into the final term before eventually going down by six goals and led Coburg by eight points at half-time before losing by 51-points.
While the two second half fade-outs are a concern, the impressive early quarters indicate that the team is heading in the right direction.

A consistent four quarter effort is now the major focus as Bendigo has shown the ability to compete and be successful against the best sides in the competition.

The winless Box Hill has been close on several occasions in the first half of the season and while they will provide another tough game for Bendigo, the Bombers are a good chance to take the points on Monday.

mw07intra-24-l.jpg

Scott Gumbleton warming up for the intra-club practice match.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=5833

I almost have as much interest in this match coz Gumby could have a big part to play in our future if he gets his body right... we have all heard the ridiculous comparisons to carey, but hopefully a couple of solid games in the VFL and he'll bounce straight back up to the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the radio coverage on 94.1 FM 3WBC. Obviously listening out for Gumbleton and pleased to hear him getting a couple of marks and possessions. Quarter time and the commentators specifically said Gumbleton was playing quite well. Unsure whether this has to do with him being a high pick or because he genuinely stood out. Promising first quarter. Playing on the wing I think.

Apparently Barry Mitchell who is coach of the Box Hill team singled out Gumbleton as one that the players should try to block out. Must be making some sort of impact:thumbsu:

Listening to the radio coverage on 94.1 FM 3WBC. Obviously listening out for Gumbleton and pleased to hear him getting a couple of marks and possessions. Quarter time and the commentators specifically said Gumbleton was playing quite well. Unsure whether this has to do with him being a high pick or because he genuinely stood out. Promising first quarter. Playing on the wing I think.

As long as he doesn't get hurt. I don't really care how he plays...

Gumbleton might have moved to the ruck. Just won a tapout before.
I know what you mean Spikey, but it would be great if he played himself into some good form leaving Knights no choice but to put him into the seniors in the next 3-5 weeks.
Bombers leading by about 2 goals. Early in the second.

How's Mal going, I'm hoping he comes in this week but only a four day break this week...

Oh and how much did the reserves lose by this week?
Mal has been alright. Playing on Dowler. Wasnt he a high pick for Hawthorn in recent years? Not sure what happened with the reserves.

Gumbleton kicked a goal 2 minutes ago:D. Playing on Dawson. Oh he just kicked another one:D Sorry guys. Might be getting a bit pedantic but I cant restrain myself. Gumbleton is playing quite well. Bombers up by 3-5 goals.

Mal has been alright. Playing on Dowler. Wasnt he a high pick for Hawthorn in recent years? Not sure what happened with the reserves.

Gumbleton kicked a goal 2 minutes ago:D. Playing on Dawson. Oh he just kicked another one:D Sorry guys. Might be getting a bit pedantic but I cant restrain myself. Gumbleton is playing quite well. Bombers up by 3-5 goals.
Gumbleton is god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back