Bendigo Bombers vs Box Hill Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gumbleton is god.
Agreed. Nah he is doing well considering it is his first hitout in a long time. Bombers up by 24 at half time. Mal has been alright. Johns serviceable. Peverill seems to have been promiment. Atkinson serviceable. Hooker quiet. Knights is at the game. McPhee and Neagle also. At quarter time Knights went and had a chat with the coaching staff. Heard earlier in the week that Gumby will only get 60-80 minutes game time. Hopefully he plays out at least one more quarter and slots through a couple more goals. Both lovely kicks over the goal umpires head.

Gumbleton? Stats, goals etc.
also hows rama and laycock going (if lazycock is playin)

Gumbleton? Stats, goals etc.
also hows rama and laycock going (if lazycock is playin)

Gumbleton has kicked 2, was good in the first half. Rama's playing alright and Laycock isn't playing. Michael and Peverill have been pretty good, and Hooker's kicked 2 as well.

Score is Bombers 106 to Box Hill 78

Final Score Bombers 118 to Box Hill 84

Hooker, Rama, Gumbleton and Atkinson all kicked two goals. Best for us were probably Michael, Peverill, Rama, Atkinson and Chartres.

Just got home from it. Yeh Pevs was pretty good. Rama got a great goal dodging some hawk.

Gumby went down for a bit in the first quater and I was bloody scared but he ended up fine. Johns copped quite a bit of abuse but did pretty well, I even saw 2 kids with the nubmer 21 on their jumper!

good game by the Bendigo Bombers. Led all day and were never really challenged.

Gumbleton was ok, got through, kicked quite nicely. Would have been nice to see him kick a goal from the boundary a long way out late in the 2nd too, but it didn't quite come off. 2 goals was a good return though.

He created some presence, but seemed to blow a bit, and didn't always run to the right spot. He'll be better for the run though, and it was good to see him playing on the wing for mine. Got some run into his legs, although I thought he looked nice when he went forwards too.

I was surprised I have to say by the presence of Hooker. He caught my eye today; he's a really big unit, surprisingly so. Floated around a bit, but moved quite nicely and took a few grabs, got a few goals. I know he was speculative, but he looks to have a fair bit of potential.

Micheal was good, singled out by the coach at 3/4 time for the work he was doing; and Rama was really busy - he got a lot of the ball and just looked to be a class above.

Atkinson handy as well, Pev busy, didn't really notice much of Magin. Johns was just ok.

The rain stayed away, and all in all it was a really good day to sink a few cans, see Gumby's return match, and be able to walk home :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senstational news. Thanks guys great stuff with reporting what happened. Gumbleton getting some run in the legs is awesome. I thought Hooker had some potential myself, if he bulks up a bit he could be a good player.

good game by the Bendigo Bombers. Led all day and were never really challenged.

Gumbleton was ok, got through, kicked quite nicely. Would have been nice to see him kick a goal from the boundary a long way out late in the 2nd too, but it didn't quite come off. 2 goals was a good return though.

He created some presence, but seemed to blow a bit, and didn't always run to the right spot. He'll be better for the run though, and it was good to see him playing on the wing for mine. Got some run into his legs, although I thought he looked nice when he went forwards too.

I was surprised I have to say by the presence of Hooker. He caught my eye today; he's a really big unit, surprisingly so. Floated around a bit, but moved quite nicely and took a few grabs, got a few goals. I know he was speculative, but he looks to have a fair bit of potential.

Micheal was good, singled out by the coach at 3/4 time for the work he was doing; and Rama was really busy - he got a lot of the ball and just looked to be a class above.

Atkinson handy as well, Pev busy, didn't really notice much of Magin. Johns was just ok.

The rain stayed away, and all in all it was a really good day to sink a few cans, see Gumby's return match, and be able to walk home :thumbsu:

That was close to the best game Hooker has played. He gained a bit of confidence early on taking a couple of nice grabs that in previous weeks he had been dropping.

Gumbleton was pretty good. He was rotated on and off the bench a bit and had a strong first half. His second half was not as good but he did what he had to do. Got to run around on the wing and pick up a few kicks before going forward later in the game. Did not dominate but did what he needed to.

Peverill was reasonably busy. Would not say it is the best game i have seen him play but he was ok. I can tell you one thing , the shepherd has completly gone from his game. He looks for a lot of cheap handballs now days.

Rama was solid all day. Had the skill and patience to find a bit of space at this level. Was probably the best of the Essendon listed players.

Johns , ok. Played defense pretty much all day and stayed on the ground all game as well :eek:. He got caught behind his man a few times but his rebound out of defence was pretty good.

Williams was better but it was still a bit of a nothing game from him. Took a couple of nice marks.

Hooker , like i said previously was close to his best game. He shanked a few kicks but at least he took some grabs this week. He knows where to run to on the field to find the footy. He simply has to build his upper body strength so he doesnt get knocked out of the contest so easily. His workrate was good.

Magin had a bit of a quiet game. Did a couple of nice classy things at times but did not have a lot of the footy overall.

Atkinson got involved a bit during the day but he needs to use his speed more. He can look great dashing through the middle in some plays with the footy in his hands yet other times when he really needs to run hard to chase and tackle or make postion to recieve his work rate drops off.

Chartres played mainly ruck and was beaten in the ruck contest but had a reasonable day around the ground without making a huge stamp on the game.

Just got home from it. Yeh Pevs was pretty good. Rama got a great goal dodging some hawk.

Gumby went down for a bit in the first quater and I was bloody scared but he ended up fine. Johns copped quite a bit of abuse but did pretty well, I even saw 2 kids with the nubmer 21 on their jumper!

what sort of abuse?

Like Ant and Lance have said, Hooker was pretty good today. Took some nice grabs and converted well. Moves well for his size.

I thought Chartres was pretty good today against the odds. Played ruck all day and battled on. Kicked a nice goal, took some grabs and is a pretty good user of the ball. I wonder what the future holds for him.

Magin was ok, looked pretty classy when he had the ball and defensively was also pretty good.

I thought Atkinson used the ball alot better today and his decision making was the best all year. Got amongst the goals in the last qrt.

Gumby got smashed early on in a marking contest (Apparently he had a corked quad) after that he was solid contributor. It was good to see him get through unscathed. :thumbsu:

Rama was classy, Pev was Pev and Mal was a rock in defence.

Nice for Hickey to get another win under his belt. :D

few hawks supporters behind the goals saying he should go back to play for silverchair....pretty lame really.

Probably that fat Tasmanian slob who whistles whenever a Tasmanian player takes a chest mark 20m on his own. :rolleyes:

It's funny how only his mates (All 3 of them) are the only ones laughing at him. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back