Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game yesterday and a great result for us that keeps us on track for a double chance and still the chance for top I thought a couple of times through the gmae they had us. Square are still going to be dangerous and not out of the race for 6 in a row by a long shot. Rosa and Ladson to go back in yet.

South geepers cant believe they got touched up Castlemaine.

Kyneton looking good for 5th. Eaglehawk only battling.

What was the game report at Gissy boys?

Was out at K-Flat today to watch the roos take on the tigers. Awesome game, but all I can say is how bloody good is Ben Weightman? Literally won the game off his own boot in that last quarter after they were 20points down. Also number 4 for Kyneton, not sure of his name but gee he is a good footballer.
Was at the same game and yes could have gone either way
But what was your thoughts on the umpiring as from where I was the 2 umpires were umpiring different games
Could be an argument from both clubs either winning or loosing by poor inconsistant decisions IMO

Was at the same game and yes could have gone either way
But what was your thoughts on the umpiring as from where I was the 2 umpires were umpiring different games
Could be an argument from both clubs either winning or loosing by poor inconsistant decisions IMO
Yeah there were a few terrible calls, mainly to Kyneton.... The free kick to the Kyneton forward in the marking contest on the flank was a bad call, and effectively ruined any chance K-Flat had of getting it back up the other end.

All in all though I think Kyneton were the better team on the day.

Was out at K-Flat today to watch the roos take on the tigers. Awesome game, but all I can say is how bloody good is Ben Weightman? Literally won the game off his own boot in that last quarter after they were 20points down. Also number 4 for Kyneton, not sure of his name but gee he is a good footballer.
CG, called Benny Weightman's talents a few weeks back when I saw him star at Wade St against the Square. Watched the last half of the Flat v Kyneton game and again his talent shone through. Also thought the umpiring of Messr Goodridge & Brodie were inconsistent at times - which probably makes them consistent ! If Kyneton keep winning games, Weightman will poll well in the votes. If I had a few spare dollars laying around, I would seriously put some coin on him to win the Michelsen as my roughie, after hedging some on the current favourite Tim Martin.

Yeah there were a few terrible calls, mainly to Kyneton.... The free kick to the Kyneton forward in the marking contest on the flank was a bad call, and effectively ruined any chance K-Flat had of getting it back up the other end.

All in all though I think Kyneton were the better team on the day.
I would have to disagree on best team as Flat should have got futher in front because of poor kicking at goal early and a couple of bad mistakes
Just heard free kick tally was 28-7 Kynetons way
I know there is no rule that says it has to be even but hate to see a game possibly effected because of it
Best umpire is one not noticed
Glad i was not the only one thinking they were average because as soon as you mention it you are called an Umpire basher...can't win either way

CG, called Benny Weightman's talents a few weeks back when I saw him star at Wade St against the Square. Watched the last half of the Flat v Kyneton game and again his talent shone through. Also thought the umpiring of Messr Goodridge & Brodie were inconsistent at times - which probably makes them consistent ! If Kyneton keep winning games, Weightman will poll well in the votes. If I had a few spare dollars laying around, I would seriously put some coin on him to win the Michelsen as my roughie, after hedging some on the current favourite Tim Martin.

Sorry stormboy but that last line you said about Tim Martin! Gee from what I have seen of Martin, he would have to be one of the most over rated ruckman/player I have ever seen, for him to win a Michelson and to be favourite this year makes me sick! I have watched 3 games this year of Martin and I can tell you now there is 2 to 3 better ruckman than him!
I watched the interleague game last weekend and thought he was terrible, probably just broke even with other ruckman, would of had waters #1 before Martin and that's what obviously ladson thinks with waters making VIC side!
I watched the game against square on the weekend and I honestly thought there was no difference between him and opposition ruckman, maybe got a little on top in 3rd but I would of thought they broke even, I left with 5 minutes left, looked in the paper and see he got the 5 bendigo addy votes and just thought to myself, that is a joke! I would of put 8 players mayber more I front of him I'm sorry but it's got me beaten how he is getting these votes! If he wins the medal again in front of players like weightman, smiths at strath, jack geary, Milne, jones, FILO I'll never watch a game in bendigo again

Sorry stormboy but that last line you said about Tim Martin! Gee from what I have seen of Martin, he would have to be one of the most over rated ruckman/player I have ever seen, for him to win a Michelson and to be favourite this year makes me sick! I have watched 3 games this year of Martin and I can tell you now there is 2 to 3 better ruckman than him!
I watched the interleague game last weekend and thought he was terrible, probably just broke even with other ruckman, would of had waters #1 before Martin and that's what obviously ladson thinks with waters making VIC side!
I watched the game against square on the weekend and I honestly thought there was no difference between him and opposition ruckman, maybe got a little on top in 3rd but I would of thought they broke even, I left with 5 minutes left, looked in the paper and see he got the 5 bendigo addy votes and just thought to myself, that is a joke! I would of put 8 players mayber more I front of him I'm sorry but it's got me beaten how he is getting these votes! If he wins the medal again in front of players like weightman, smiths at strath, jack geary, Milne, jones, FILO I'll never watch a game in bendigo again

Woah! Have a dip son.

I do somewhat understand what you are saying about Martin being a tad over rated but I think he is still a very valuable player. I think some games his influence is inflated by the media but the game against GS was not one of those. He dominated the ruck and was hitting where he liked (most of the time to Sandhurt's advantage). I would be very interested to see who you thought was a better performer in the game on Saturday?

This year's Michelson will be alot closer than many think with about ten different blokes a chance to win but I would still put him up there as one of the guys who is likely to win. The names you mentioned above are all big chances to win as well but it is still too early on in the season to tell. If Sandhurst keep winning you can add people like Nick Stagg, Ryan Maldenis and Cody Price to that list.

Woah! Have a dip son.

I do somewhat understand what you are saying about Martin being a tad over rated but I think he is still a very valuable player. I think some games his influence is inflated by the media but the game against GS was not one of those. He dominated the ruck and was hitting where he liked (most of the time to Sandhurt's advantage). I would be very interested to see who you thought was a better performer in the game on Saturday?

This year's Michelson will be alot closer than many think with about ten different blokes a chance to win but I would still put him up there as one of the guys who is likely to win. The names you mentioned above are all big chances to win as well but it is still too early on in the season to tell. If Sandhurst keep winning you can add people like Nick Stagg, Ryan Maldenis and Cody Price to that list.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on how a small forward can kick 4.4 on one off if not the best small backs in bendigo and not even get in the teams best players? It happened on sat with sandhurst and golden square Mitch dole is having an outstanding season looking at his results but never seems to get a look in for best players do you guys think they just expect him to have those results week in week out? A small forward who kicks 4.4 in my eyes is in the teams best if not the teams best considering the game was a single figure margin. Thoughts?

Interested to know peoples thoughts on how a small forward can kick 4.4 on one off if not the best small backs in bendigo and not even get in the teams best players? It happened on sat with sandhurst and golden square Mitch dole is having an outstanding season looking at his results but never seems to get a look in for best players do you guys think they just expect him to have those results week in week out? A small forward who kicks 4.4 in my eyes is in the teams best if not the teams best considering the game was a single figure margin. Thoughts?

He was in the best 6 for mine and was probably in the best 6 for most who watched the match and the points you have made validate that but in a winning environment it's not something to focus on and maybe those giving the best are trying to keep him pushing hard or dont want the opposition to focus on him. Great player to watch does some freakish stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to agree mate, I reckon he is one of the most dynamic forwards going around and I love watching him play. You know when it gets in his area there is a fair chance something good will happen or at worst would at least provide a contest.

As to getting in the best players - I wouldn't take too much notice to that because they are hardly ever reflective of the game and are really just different opinions. These opinions would no doubt differ to yours or mine. We also don't know if certain players are tasked with doing a job which may not be noticed by the general public. If Sandhurst keep winning there are going to be good performers across the park so it is always going to be a bit of a raffle. There is always the idea of not attracting to much attention from other teams as well.

Last edited:
Must agree l thought Doley and Bairdy were having a great tussle until Bairdy done his knee in the third once he was off we had no match up for Mitch and IMO Mitch then was the difference, I also thought Compo broke even with Martin ,like to see their stats both kicked a goal and both were good around ground , great game of footy though

how about maryburra chances v kyneton on sat. boys -- went v. close to beating hawks last round
best bit of by-play involved m. bond marked mid last quarter near Can City on hff, went back nailed snag from boundary line shot and then gave home fans the fingers [2] right along the boundary line as he ran past
when he missed a shot few mins. later fans yelled -- wot r u going to say now mr. suitcase man?
does anyone carry their suitcases with the middle finger of each hand? No, i don't know either
beats me

how about maryburra chances v kyneton on sat. boys -- went v. close to beating hawks last round
best bit of by-play involved m. bond marked mid last quarter near Can City on hff, went back nailed snag from boundary line shot and then gave home fans the fingers [2] right along the boundary line as he ran past
when he missed a shot few mins. later fans yelled -- wot r u going to say now mr. suitcase man?
does anyone carry their suitcases with the middle finger of each hand? No, i don't know either
beats me
not sure if serious

Heading out to Maryborough to watch the match but I don't think the tigers will lose.....

:D I just wheel my luggage along don't need fingers to carry it
Sat winners: Tiges over Maryburra, Square to beat Jarryd Graham & Maine, Dragons too good 4 E'hawk

Out at the Maryborough v Kyneton match. Magpies up by 22 at half time. Benny weightman with 6or7 goals, lost count. He is an absolute gun

Was at Harry Trott yesterday for the B-52 v Oxens legend game. Great crowd in attendance who witnessed some of the greats of Bendigo footy, including one D. Filo who showed he has still got it. Mounts may look to Dekka next week after their ordinary performance against North. Overall a great initiative with the game played in the right spirit. Just a pity COGB wouldn't allow them to play on the QEO as a lead in game to the Gold v Coburg match.

Storm welcome back T. Bartholomew for today's match against South. Last time he was at the QEO he took one of the best hangers that you will ever see:

Who's heading out to the QEO today? I'll be there, looking forward to seeing strath at near full flight

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back