• Yes, but he went a little too far

• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Supporter here. My thoughts are I feel for Bev and while he didn't hold back and went on the front foot to put a lot of heat on the Journo. The true concern is the leak and why would someone internally be leaking that kind of information. Its a deep leak that really needs to be rectified and its put Bev in a horrible position.

As for the game you guys rock us every time and somehow we seem to manage our way out of it. If Bont didn't wear down in the third who knows but I think our worse 6 is outperforming yours just enough to keep us safe.

The most baffling part of this whole thing is Bevo admitting a "plan" of Hunter being named in the 22 but was always going to be dropped to be the sub before the start of the game. I would have thought that would be doing more damage to a player mentally being used as bait to try and find a leak than a journalist reporting a big name player wasn't being selected for round 1.

Bevo most likely doing the old coach's trick of create a controversy about yourself to take the heat off your players imo.

He is a Clarko disciple, after all.

This is exactly what is happening. Bevo drawing the attention from the players. Also creates the “us against the world “ mindset that coaches have always loved. Brings the group closer and provides a lovely little chip on the shoulder to play with a bit of spite.

He also gets a shot at a journo as a bonus. Win win.

Highlight of a disappointing night for me.

Tony Armstrong victim blaming Bevo on ABC mornings!!!! Then he (Armstrong) says he's a friend of Morris and that he's only doing his job!!!! Talk about agendas!!!!! First time ABC has ever aligned themselves with FOX.:mad::mad::mad: Bring back Michael Rowland!!
Neil Mitchell [Melb supporter] on 3AW going with the same line, suggesting Bev be fined and made to apologise. Tony Shaw agreed Bev over the top

This is exactly what is happening. Bevo drawing the attention from the players. Also creates the “us against the world “ mindset that coaches have always loved. Brings the group closer and provides a lovely little chip on the shoulder to play with a bit of spite.

He also gets a shot at a journo as a bonus. Win win.

Highlight of a disappointing night for me.

Looks like Bevo has been trying to do that all off season. I'm unsure that works for the full 23 round plus finals but tbh, I'm more worried about my own mob getting more than four wins and whatever Bevo does, you'll top that by the bye lol.

Honestly, I'm not much of a Bevo fan. But I can tell you almost all Crows fans would be behind him on this one. The absolute lies and vitriol that our club has received from bottom feeders like Morris and McClure has 100% affected our clubs performance in recent years, as well as the mental health of our players. The AFL media have no accountability and no adherence to accepted journalistic standards. I sincerely hope that other coaches show solidarity as the current media cohort is a blight on our game.

image-from-ios-jpg.1346090

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Armstrong victim blaming Bevo on ABC mornings!!!! Then he (Armstrong) says he's a friend of Morris and that he's only doing his job!!!! Talk about agendas!!!!! First time ABC has ever aligned themselves with FOX.:mad::mad::mad: Bring back Michael Rowland!!
What / who do you mean by victim blaming?

Let’s be honest, most football journalists these days are on a par with celebrity gossip columnists.

The majority of stories are rumour presented as fact, and most of those “journalists” care more about being a football personality than operating with any kind of integrity.

He lets the media bother him too much, needs to be bigger than that if he is the coach.

Gee wiz, we get inside info on this very site on who's in and out each week, no big deal, they announce debutants early don't they.

When he stuck up for Tom Boyd I backed him, most of the other times he comes across as spiteful and petty.

Morris always reminds me of the poor kid at school that was desperate to be part of the cool group, and spent lots of time hanging out on the fringes embarrassing himself to get their attention. He’s the dimwit they make fun of when he’s on the couch.

Let’s be honest, most football journalists these days are on a par with celebrity gossip columnists.

The majority of stories are rumour presented as fact, and most of those “journalists” care more about being a football personality than operating with any kind of integrity.

Spot on. They don't give a s*** about facts or who they trample on or even getting a story right (or confirming it) before going with it, they just care about 'exclusives' (see Tom Browne). Most are nothing but snivelling, sycophantic weasels.

Bev's rant was over the top, petty, and frankly a little bit pathetic.

He does raise an interesting point, though, about the allegiances of journalists and how they use the privileged information that they are able to access.

The AFL should and will fine Bev for the outburst, but I do think there needs to be clearer rules around not disclosing team selection until the agreed upon time.

I can't imagine Channel 7 would be thrilled about Fox journalists breaching their exclusive first reporting of teams deal.

Going to be interesting how they deal with the leaker.
It is concerning that a solid GWS poster on the SuperCoach board raised Hunter being dropped before it even hit the news. Same poster also mentioned Schache playing wing days ago.
It's weird - our new recruiting team runs the tightest ship imaginable, probably tighter than all other clubs.
When it comes to team tactics and selection we seem to have a giant neon billboard outside of WO. There are posters on here who knew the team selection before announcement too

It's weird - our new recruiting team runs the tightest ship imaginable, probably tighter than all other clubs.
When it comes to team tactics and selection we seem to have a giant neon billboard outside of WO. There are posters on here who knew the team selection before announcement too
I think it happens at a few clubs. Hawthorn have one or two poster who never seem to be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Berko Bevo vs. the former Muckraker Morris in the Round 1 presser

Back