Bernie Vince - Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets!

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am going to put $100 on him for a bit of fun.

Going through his stats, in all of our wins he has played bloody well. Comparing him on those stats sites he rates better than Ablett, Selwood and Judd for overall stats this season!

BOG at least 4 or 5 times I would have thought.

Blonde, skilful, umps don't seem to hate him.

centrebet has him @ 201, surely would be more on a few other agencies.

I am going to put $100 on him for a bit of fun.

Going through his stats, in all of our wins he has played bloody well. Comparing him on those stats sites he rates better than Ablett, Selwood and Judd for overall stats this season!

BOG at least 4 or 5 times I would have thought.

Blonde, skilful, umps don't seem to hate him.

centrebet has him @ 201, surely would be more on a few other agencies.

Goodluck to you Gets - I think that money would be better spent on By how far the Crows this weekend?

Edwards would have out polled Vince in the first half of the year IMO...I dont disagree with your pure blonde and drinkable creds though.

No doubt Goodes will win it. :rolleyes:

When you poll votes with an 11 possesion, no goal game - you know the maggots love you.

No doubt Goodes will win it. :rolleyes:

When you poll votes with an 11 possesion, no goal game - you know the maggots love you.

Swan and Ablett have had some average games lately as well where they will be unlikely to poll 3 votes. I had Dal Santo tipped earlier in the year but he has fallen away a bit and there will be a lot of Saints players sharing the votes around (Montagna, Goddard, Voldt etc).

Back on topic - don't think Vince will win it, but he is probably a shot at top 5.

I declared after the 2006 pre-season grand final that he would win a Brownlow after what I briefly saw of him.

He won't win it this year, but could be a chance in years to come if he keeps up his current form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's $2.50 on TAB to win his group (which is a lock imo)
and ~$3 to score the most votes for Adelaide (will be close with Thompson).

G`day guys, Im new here, I absoloutely love the Adelaide crows and Bernie Vince is absoloute gun.

Everybody who says he wont win the brownlow this year, I understand why, because he hasnt been playing exactly like a 'brownlow medalist' Like Judd in 04, cuz in 05, roo in 03 etc, but winning a brownlow medal isnt about bieng the best in the league, its all about bieng in the top 3 in your game on your day(anyone remember woewoden?), and I honestly believe Bernie has done this more than enough times to poll up to 25 votes this year.

Tyson Edwards is an absoloute superstar, but I dont believe he is a vote getter, sure he has polled well in the past, but they were years where he was playing outstanding, elite footy, and if he WAS a vote getter, he would be polling 25 + but was getting around the 16s.

There is no way gazza will have 25 votes, he has missed almost as many games as he did last year, and he is nowhere, nowhere near as damaging, sure his stats are up, but they are only `one two` hanballs, and I dont think umps will take any notice of those, plus he has selwood and chapman in all australian form, they are both vote getters and they will pinch plenty.

All in all guys, I tipped cooney at the start of last season and everyone thought I was insane. This year I most definately give Bernie Vince every chance of brining charlie home to SA.

Cooney last year.....................

He was definitely mentioned as a contender leading up to it, and was one of the focusses of the video packages for favourites during the count as well, so he wasn't as much of an out-of-nowhere choice as say, Shane Woewodin in 2000.

On Sunday my mate (essendon fan) said to me check this out with a smug look on his face and passed me his TAB ticket which was $10 each way on Vince- My other mates giggled themselves stupid... I then thought to myself thats actually not the worst idea- when you consider the dominance of Geelong and StKilda and the fact that they have 3/4 players each that will take votes on any week... and the fact that we have had a decent amount of wins and the only possible competitors edwards and thommo (who struggles to get votes generally) the only worry could be edwards ability to pull votes from nowhere!

On Sunday my mate (essendon fan) said to me check this out with a smug look on his face and passed me his TAB ticket which was $10 each way on Vince- My other mates giggled themselves stupid... I then thought to myself thats actually not the worst idea- when you consider the dominance of Geelong and StKilda and the fact that they have 3/4 players each that will take votes on any week... and the fact that we have had a decent amount of wins and the only possible competitors edwards and thommo (who struggles to get votes generally) the only worry could be edwards ability to pull votes from nowhere!

Mate, you claim Thommo struggles to get votes? 18 2 years ago, 15 last year and both years won the Crows voting fairly comfortably.

I'd say this year he has arguably been better than before, and he is every chance to knock Vince off the perch for the Adelaide votes. I don't think either can win the Charlie this year, but could definitely in the coming years.. if Dangerfield lets them! :D

This year I think its between Selwood/Black/Goodes/Ablett/Hayes/Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Bernie Vince - Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back