Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I've put together a team based on players we know we will have at this point. No doubt it will change over coming months, and in essence is a fluid thing anyway, but as it stands here it is;-

Fletch Hooker Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Zakka Watson Stanton
Goddard Hurley Melksham
TBell Daniher Winders

Ryder Heppell Hocking

Bench from: Merrett Myers Kommer Howlett

Daniher needs to step up with Crameri now gone, and hopefully we can pick up a couple of good players between now and season proper in 2014.

I've put together a team based on players we know we will have at this point. No doubt it will change over coming months, and in essence is a fluid thing anyway, but as it stands here it is;-

Fletch Hooker Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Zakka Watson Stanton
Goddard Hurley Melksham
TBell Daniher Winders

Ryder Heppell Hocking

Daniher needs to step up with Crameri now gone, and hopefully we can pick up a couple of good players between now and season proper in 2014.

that is a top 4 side for sure

think fletch may retire, also think they'll be some change to our core group next season.

my best 22 for now is:
b: Van Unen I Carlisle I Hibberd
hb: Dempsey I Hooker I Goddard
c: Stanton I Watson I Heppell
hf: O’Brien I Hurley I Melksham
f: Kommer I Daniher I Ryder
foll: T-Bell I Hocking I Zaharakis
bch: Merrett I Myers I Browne
sub: Winderlich

out: Howlett I Baguley I Davey I Crameri

in: Browne I Van Unen I O’Brien I Daniher

think fletch may retire, also think they'll be some change to our core group next season.

my best 22 for now is:
b: Van Unen I Carlisle I Hibberd
hb: Dempsey I Hooker I Goddard
c: Stanton I Watson I Heppell
hf: O’Brien I Hurley I Melksham
f: Kommer I Daniher I Ryder
foll: T-Bell I Hocking I Zaharakis
bch: Merrett I Myers I Browne
sub: Winderlich

out: Howlett I Baguley I Davey I Crameri

in: Browne I Van Unen I O’Brien I Daniher

Yeah nah, the tackling beast is staying.

Bags Hooker Fletch
Pears Carlisle Dempsey
Stanton Watson Heppell
Hocking Daniher Melksham
Merrett Hurley Ryder
TBell Goddard Myers
Hibberd Zaha ***
Sub: Winderlich

Can see Hibberd being used a little more in the middle with the run and kick he has. Or helping release Dempsey through the middle.

Winderlich as sub to help preserve the body. Should be good for a few goals late in the game.

*** I imagine we recruit somebody to cover the loss of Crameri.

Fletch Hooker Baguley

Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey

Goddard Watson Heppell

Zaka Hurley Kommer

TBell Daniher Winders

Ryder Stanton Hocking

Bench from: Myers Melksham Howlett

Sub: Merrett

Defenders:
Fletch Hooker Bag's Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey, Hardingham

Ruck
TBell, Ryder

Mid's
Goddard, Watson, Hepp, Zaka, Stanton, Hocking, Melksham, Howlett

Forwards
Hurley, Daniher, Kommer, Winderlich, Merrett, Chapman**

with Myers, EKav, Jetta, Pears, O'Brien, Browne all ready to step up/next group in.

Even without trades.. it is a strong list.. top 4 should be the goal.

Daniher at FF?

Goal kicking needs plenty of work.

I'm hoping we take J Pod and leave Hurley down back.

Have no confidence in Hooker taking a key defensive post and our forward line is quite weak.

We haven't had a goal kicker capable of kicking more than 40 goals since 2009.

Pods can offer that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Daniher at FF?

Have no confidence in Hooker taking a key defensive post and our forward line is quite weak.

Pods can offer that.

Dude, how did you go back to 2012?

Daniher at FF?

Pods can offer that.

I don't even know where to begin...

Firstly, JD was a 19 yr old playing on the big stage in his first year. His goal kicking was pretty good in the VFL under terrible conditions.

I think Hurley deserves one last crack in the forward line. He needs a clean run at it with no injuries, and then we can fully assess. If he fails after that with a good injury run, he needs to go down back.

Hooker had easily his best year and was very good at taking the second best defender behind Carlisle this year. Also led the comp in intercept marks this year..

We haven't had a fit toward line since 2009 and we didn't have one of the most exciting forward prospects of this generation coming through.

Taking into account the usual free agency, retirements, mass exodus, Psd, infraction notices, comebacks and everything this i think will be our best 22 for 2014
Rush Amendola Mcveigh
Tambling Zantuck Toy
Dick Rodan Lovett
Nahas Podsudly(c) Fitzy
Reimers Bate Cole
Rucks: Kösen Savage (vc) Boyd

Interchange: Crow, Brogan, Bogutt Sub: Jetta

joe's goal kicking is 100% mental, which is why we need to persist with him infront of big crowds on the big stage in the big moments. It's not technical, I don't think i've ever seen a better field kick in the last 10 years for a man of his size

joe's goal kicking is 100% mental, which is why we need to persist with him infront of big crowds on the big stage in the big moments. It's not technical, I don't think i've ever seen a better field kick in the last 10 years for a man of his size

His accuracy is ok at VFL level given the grounds and conditions they play in. I'm sure that with another pre-season and fewer nerves his goalkicking will sort itself out - particularly given the number of games we play at Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs: Fletcher - Carlisle - Baguley

Half Backs: Dempsey - Hooker - Hibberd

Centre: Goddard - Watson - Melksham

Half Forward: Stanton - Hurley - Zaka

Forward: Winderlich - Joe - Davey

Rucks: Ryder - Heppel - Hocking

I/C: Merret - **** - Bellchambers

(Sub): Myers

**** will hopefully be one of the next - gen players coming through for us (Browne, EKav, Dalgleish, Van Unen, new draft pick this year). With 'best 22' players from this year (Kommer, Howlett, Hardingham) pushed out by these new guys to improve the side.

That's a fairly short forward line, Yoda.

Belcho on the bench, so in reality it's probably Hurls, Joe, TBC as the talls, Davey and Winders as stay at home smalls, and Merrett, Zaharakis and whoever else rotating through. Pretty spot on I would have thought. Kommer probably in there somewhere, possibly Dell'Olio instead of Davey as well

Backs: Fletcher - Carlisle - Baguley

Half Backs: Dempsey - Hooker - Hibberd

Centre: Goddard - Watson - Melksham

Half Forward: Stanton - Hurley - Zaka

Forward: Winderlich - Joe - Davey

Rucks: Ryder - Heppel - Hocking

I/C: Merret - **** - Bellchambers

(Sub): Myers

**** will hopefully be one of the next - gen players coming through for us (Browne, EKav, Dalgleish, Van Unen, new draft pick this year). With 'best 22' players from this year (Kommer, Howlett, Hardingham) pushed out by these new guys to improve the side.

I think there is more chance that Myers or Howlett take the next step and become a key contributor to the team than one of Browne, Dalgliesh ect ect going past them.

Fletch Hooker Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Zakka Watson Stanton
Goddard Hurley Melksham
TBell Daniher Winders

Ryder Heppell Hocking

That's pretty spot on. Good to see no Davey, Jetta there as well. As you mention, I'mpraying we can snare another small fwd, perhaps Chappy or Higgins in Crameri trade??

I also think if Myers can improve another 5-10%it could propel us even further up the ladder. Would love to see Kav come along alittle quicker too!

Daniher at FF?

Pods can offer that.

What were you watching in 2013? The bloke was faultless.

b:Hooker Carlisle Browne
hb:Hibberd Hurley Shaw
c: Goddard Watson Myers
hf: Kavanagh Daniher Melksham
f: Zaharakis T-Bell (resting Ruckman) Winderlich
foll:Ryder Hocking Heppell
bench: Howlett Stanton Dempsey
sub: Ashby

Emg: Merrett, O'brian, Baguley

I think there are a couple of holes we need to fill

A quick Forward pocket type
Another Tall on bench

and yes i did include Heath Shaw as I think he will bring a lot of run and carry and would work really well for our team

Fletcher Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Goddard Watson Stanton
Anzakarakis Ryder Myers
Melksham Daniher Winders

Ballchambers Heppell Hocking
Howlett Merrett Colyer Kommer

I was impressed with the Milkmans goal kicking this year, I think he could be quite damaging up forward. its time for Daniher to be given a free run at FF. he might take 30-40 games to really settle in; the sooner we begin that the quicker we'll see results.

Fletcher Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Goddard Watson Stanton
Anzakarakis Ryder Myers
Melksham Daniher Winders

Ballchambers Heppell Hocking
Howlett Merrett Colyer Kommer

I was impressed with the Milkmans goal kicking this year, I think he could be quite damaging up forward. its time for Daniher to be given a free run at FF. he might take 30-40 games to really settle in; the sooner we begin that the quicker we'll see results.

No Hooker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back