Remove this Banner Ad

B Toovey Brown Williams
HB Scharenberg Reid Crisp

C Aish Adams Treloar
Foll Grundy Swan Pendlebury

HF Sidebottom Cloke Howe
F Elliott Moore Varcoe

Int Greenwood DeGoey Broomhead White

Bit of a different side. I have moved Crisp to half back as I'm mindful that we do not play too much youth down back. Maynard and Langdon I have time for but I think they will all not play with Shaz in the team if he is trending upwards.

Went with the most talented on ball brigade with Greenwood as the negator.

White beat Goldy for the utility role due to his rucking.

Fasolo and Blair my other emergencies.

B Toovey Brown Williams
HB Scharenberg Reid Crisp

C Aish Adams Treloar
Foll Grundy Swan Pendlebury

HF Sidebottom Cloke Howe
F Elliott Moore Varcoe

Int Greenwood DeGoey Broomhead White

Bit of a different side. I have moved Crisp to half back as I'm mindful that we do not play too much youth down back. Maynard and Langdon I have time for but I think they will all not play with Shaz in the team if he is trending upwards.

Went with the most talented on ball brigade with Greenwood as the negator.

White beat Goldy for the utility role due to his rucking.

Fasolo and Blair my other emergencies.

Is Crisp that much more experienced than Langdon?

FB: Langdon, Brown, Williams
HB: Maynard, Reid, Scharenberg
C: Varcoe, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
HF: Howe, Cloke, Broomhead
FF: Swan, Moore, Elliott
FOL: Grundy Treloar Adams
INT: De Goey, Greenwood, Crisp, Marsh

Pretty hard to do this year, which is a positive. Actually think De Goey, Crisp, Greenwood, Adams, Treloar have the runs on the board over Aish at the moment. And Broomhead over Aish purely for his forward presence.

Pretty hard to do this year, which is a positive. Actually think De Goey, Crisp, Greenwood, Adams, Treloar have the runs on the board over Aish at the moment. And Broomhead over Aish purely for his forward presence.
This is the perfect round 1 side. Thankyou.

Williams Brown Langdon
Marsh Reid Maynard
Pendlebury Treloar Sidebottom
De Goey Cloke Broomhead
Varcoe Moore Elliott
Grundy Adams Crisp
I/c Swan Aish Howe Greenwood
Emerg Scharenberg Ramsay Fasolo

Schar needs a big summer in the gym & track, he'll be right. Elliott needs to lift, not safe on this year's efforts. Removal of sub rule & i/c cap makes Greenwood in same team as Crisp slightly more viable, but Treloar & Aish now balance that out. Less reliance on Swanny, good timing at his age.

I fear the i/c cap at 80 may lead to teams flooding more often, but that's for another thread ...

My best 22

Toovey brown Williams
Langdon Reid sharenberg

Sidebottom Pendlebury Crisp

Varcoe Cloke Howe
Elliot Moore swan

Foll: Grundy treloar Adams

Inter : greenwood de goey aish witts

Toovey ahead of marsh/Maynard because we need his experience and he is still our a best small forward stopper.

Witts in because Moore can't be second ruck we will kill him.

Fasolo maccaffer Goldsack white Blair marsh Sinclair broomhead Ramsey Maynard Oxley frost cox all depth and fighting for those last spots.

We have a great depth and competition for spots. Finals is coming

Williams/ brown/ langdon
marsh/ reid/varcoe
crisp/ adams/sidebottom
elliott / cloke / swan
de goey / moore/white
grundy/ pendlebury/ greenwood

treloar, scharenberg, broomhead, maynard

True. Got rid of a lot of crap now though like Seedsman Martin most rookies

Sinclair is a liability to the side. If he was in the team like Hawthorn in defence he would be exposed for the fraud he is because he is such a poor kick and the wind knocks him off his feet. He's a replacement for Williams but a bloody poor one. Ramsay is much better.

Only problem is that Ramsay literally can not kick on his opposite foot.

I used to dislike Sinclair. I don't anymore. His disposal improves significantly and his defensive work is pretty good. I'd have Maynard ahead of him due to disposal (but Sinclair's defensiveness is a tad better at this stage), and I'd have Ramsay maybe slightly ahead of him purely due to his potential upside. But I certainly see Sinclair as a required played currently and would have him ahead of Toovey after this year.

That being said, I bet Toovey will come out and have a great year next year.

So only Moore to help Grundy in the ruck? I doubt that will eventuate. Moore needs to be eased into it, not thrown to the wolves. Witts and Grundy together make us too slow, so I think its a near-certainty that White plays to support Grundy & Moore.

B: Toovey, Brown, Langdon
HB: Scharenberg, Reid, Varcoe
C: DeGoey, Treloar, Fasolo
HF: Howe, Moore, Williams
F: Elliott, Cloke, Swan
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams
I: Greenwood, Aish, Oxley/Marsh, Witts/White

B: Toovey, Brown, Langdon
HB: Scharenberg, Reid, Varcoe
C: DeGoey, Treloar, Fasolo
HF: Howe, Moore, Williams
F: Elliott, Cloke, Swan
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams
I: Greenwood, Aish, Oxley/Marsh, Witts/White
Has Williams ever played forward? Reckon Varcoe is better suited to the crumbing/opportunist forward job, so I'd swap the two of them. Otherwise, looks great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Williams ever played forward? Reckon Varcoe is better suited to the crumbing/opportunist forward job, so I'd swap the two of them. Otherwise, looks great.

Yeah was just playing around with Williams, as I think he has something to make him more than just a BP, just not sure where.

On reflection I should have made room for Broomhead as well, but not sure for whom. Aish?

EDIT: Oh and where the **** is Crisp! Haha.

Crisp wing, Fasolo interchange, Aish out

Seniors 22:
FB Toovey, Brown, Williams
HB Scharenberg, Reid, Crisp
C Aish, Adams, Sidebottom
FOL Grundy, Treloar, Pendlebury
HF Swan, Moore, Howe
FF Elliott, Cloke, Fasolo
INT Greenwood, DeGoey, Langdon, Varcoe

Reserves 22:

FB Ramsey, Frost, Keefe*
HB Maynard, Marsh, Goldsack
C McCaffer, Oxley, VACANT
FOL Witts, Thomas*, VACANT
HF Broomhead, Cox, Blair
FF Abbott, White, Gault
INT Wyatt, Goodyear, Sinclair, VACANT

Note:
* ineligible for Seniors in 2016
VACANT will be either Draftees or VFL listed recruits

Seniors side will be leathal asuming we dont have too many injuries. Setups a little different with the players we traded in all making the 22 hence push players like Blair and Broomhead out of the team. Reserve midfield maybe a weakness but our top end is quite overpowered so we can easily account for that with player like Shaz, Elliot, Langdon, Marley and Howe all able to push up into the mid if required. Other than that our defence depth is very good with player like Marsh, Frosty, Sinclair and Goldsack not making the 22, but all are capable of playing at least 12-15 games a season, as we are still learning where everyones best is at due to the youth of our squad. Players that will be Senior emergency probably include Broomhead, Goldy, Frosty and Cafffer, maynard and Oxley all rotating with White and Witts instantly brought into the squad if required (ie if we need to combat a hit-out king like Goldstein or Nic Nat). The rest are still developing but most should get some valuable game time at some stage of the year

Last edited:
B: Tom Langdon - Nathan Brown - Marley Williams
HB: Matt Scharenburg - Ben Reid - Jack Crisp
C: James Aish - Scott Pendlebury - Adam Treloar
HF: Steele Sidebottom - Travis Cloke - Jeremy Howe
F: Jamie Elliott - Darcy Moore - Dane Swan
R: Brodie Grundy - Taylor Adams - Jordan De Goey

INT: Travis Varcoe - Levi Greenwood - Tim Broomhead - Brayden Maynard

Only thing im worried about is there enough support for Grundy other then Moore, feel I need to drop one of the interchange for Witts/White :confused:

B: Tom Langdon - Nathan Brown - Marley Williams
HB: Matt Scharenburg - Ben Reid - Jack Crisp
C: James Aish - Scott Pendlebury - Adam Treloar
HF: Steele Sidebottom - Travis Cloke - Jeremy Howe
F: Jamie Elliott - Darcy Moore - Dane Swan
R: Brodie Grundy - Taylor Adams - Jordan De Goey

INT: Travis Varcoe - Levi Greenwood - Tim Broomhead - Brayden Maynard

Only thing im worried about is there enough support for Grundy other then Moore, feel I need to drop one of the interchange for Witts/White :confused:
Thats the main issue i struggle with, i feel when i add either witts/white we become to tall/slow (especially with witts) but j just hope moore is enough help in the ruck for Grundy

A Toovey ~ N Brown ~ T Langdon
M Williams ~ B Reid ~ S Sidebottom
A Treloar ~ S Pendlebury ~ D Swan
A Fasolo ~ T Cloke ~ J Howe
J Elliot ~ M Cox ~ T Varcoe
B Grundy ~ J Crisp ~ J Aish

J Marsh ~ T Adams ~ T Broomhead ~ J De Goey

Emergencies: J Witts ~ L Greenwood ~ T Goldsack

If Cox is promoted onto the senior list, which I think he should be, I can see him being a tall target in the forward line. Darcy Moore is probably stiff, but I think we need to get some speed in the forward line, starting with Varcoe. If he can create forward half turnovers, that's going to be the key to us winning more games.

I like Jordan De Goey. Good size, good hands, tough as nails.

Yeah was just playing around with Williams, as I think he has something to make him more than just a BP, just not sure where.

On reflection I should have made room for Broomhead as well, but not sure for whom. Aish?

EDIT: Oh and where the **** is Crisp! Haha.

Crisp wing, Fasolo interchange, Aish out
There is no way you should have Williams playing as a forward in the side when you have Aish, Treloar, Howe, Fasolo and Broomhead capable of playing forward of the ball.

M Williams ~ N Brown ~ T Langdon
M Scharenburg ~ B Reid ~ S Sidebottom
J Aish ~ A Treloar ~ T Varcoe
A Fasolo ~ T Cloke ~ J Howe
J Elliot ~ White ~ D Swan
B Grundy ~ S Pendlebury ~ J Crisp

L Greenwood ~ T Adams ~ T Broomhead ~ J De Goey

Emergencies: J Witts ~ B Sinclair ~ T Goldsack

Know I would have forgotten someone

B: Williams Brown Langdon
HB:Scharenberg Reid Maynard
C: Howe Adams Aish
HF: Swan Cloke Sidebottom
F: White Moore Elliott
Foll: Grundy Pendlebury Treloar
I/C: DeGoey Crisp Greenwood Varcoe

B: Langdon, Brown, (Marsh/Maynard/Ramsay, depending on opposition match-ups)

HB:Williams, Reid, Scharenberg

C: Sidey, Treloar, Aish

HF: Howe, Cloke, (White/Fasolo, depending on what we can do to stretch opposition)

F: Elliott, Moore, Swan

MID: Grundy, Pendles, Adams

Int. DeGoey, Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back