Preview Best 22 in 2012 (minus draftees)

Remove this Banner Ad

FF Ballantyne Bradley Mayne
HF Fyfe^ Pavlich De Boer^
C Hill Mundy Morabito
HB Suban^ Silvani Brougton^
FB Duffield Dawson McPharlin
R Griffen* Barlow Lower

I/C Clarke* McPhee^ Ibbotson^
S Mzungu

^ part of the midfield rotations

* We should have 2 ruckmen play every game thats 44 games between them. Sandi needs to be managed a lot better IMO and we are finally able to do that. We start against Geelong who next yr should have a young ruck brigade so I think start with the Griffen/Clarke combo and rotate the three big guys throughout the yr with Sandi getting more game time as the yr progresses instead of burning him out before the finals.

FB: Grover Silvagni Dawson
HB: Broughton McPharlin McPhee
C: Hill Barlow Morabito
HF: Fyfe Pavlich Muzungu
FF: Ballantyne Griffin Mayne

R: Sandilands Mundy DeBoer

I: Clarke Suban Ibbotson S: Duffiled

I'd much prefer to see DeBoer in the middle of the ground - he has awsome handpasses and is a hard nut

FF: Ballantyne Pavlich Mayne
HF: Fyfe Clarke Pitt
HB: Broughton McPharlin Ibbotson
FB: Duffield Silvagni Dawson
R: Sandilands Mundy Lower

I: deBoer Suban Bradley S: Muzungu

I am going to have a crack at getting Clarke to become a Ruck/CHF and I'm giving him Fyfe as very dangerous partner in crime just to make opposition defenses nervous and confused. Bradley gets a gig as cover.

Pavlich is nail-gunned to the forward line.

I am going to tip Pitt to step up, and I want to use his footskills in getting the ball to Pavlich and co. If not Pitt I want Walters or Mellington or Mitchie. Keep the young guys coming through. They will get subbed out in all likelihood for Mzungu.

Dawson is in = Grover is out.

Dawson Silvagni Suban
Ibbo McPharlap Broughton
Morabito Mundy Hill
Fyfe Clarke Mayne
Balla Pav Mellington

R Sandi Barlow Mzungu
I. Lower,duff,DeBoer,Griff/Bradley

next cab..Mcfree,Anthony,Grover,Pitt

FF: Ballantyne, X, Mayne
HF: DeBoer, Pavlich, Fyfe
C: Hill, Suban, Morabito
Ruck: Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow
HB: McPhee, McPharlin, Duffield
FB: Broughton , Silvagni, Dawson

I: Clarke, Ibbotson, Lower S: Mzungu

Hard to say could be full forward at this stage. I personally would like to see Anthony given a half decent go.
I also think we'll get 4 or 5 solid best 22 players out of guys like walters, Pitt, Mellington, Mitchie, Sherriden, Crozier, Forster, Neale, Sutcliffe and our 4? 5? remaining rookie picks. So the depth shall be strong with this lot (outside of the tall forward department).

f mayne kepler debour
hf ballas pav fyfe
c hill lower muzungu
hb Suban McF Broughts
b Ibbo Silvagni Dawson

r Sandi Mundy Barlow

int Clarke (R/FWD) Grover (B) Morabito (Mid/Wing/Fwd) sub. Pitt

emg McPhee (utility) Griff (Ruck) Anthony (Back)

Players to be rotated through the centre.

I placed Dawson in 'cause he would be best 22 if he plays for us.

FB: Suban Dawson Silvagni
HF: de Boer Clarke Fyfe
F: Mayne Pavlich Ballantyne
Ruck: Sandilands Mundy Lower
Int: Mzungu Griffen Duffield
Sub: Pitt

FB: Suban Dawson Silvagni
HF: de Boer Clarke Fyfe
F: Mayne Pavlich Ballantyne
Ruck: Sandilands Mundy Lower
Int: Mzungu Griffen Duffield
Sub: Pitt

I love the look of this team. I reckon that is the best team we would have ever put on the park. the only query i would have would be either mayne or deboer might make way for mellington, and griffen for roberton. other than that, that is the exactly how i would like to see us line up round 1

I love the look of this team. I reckon that is the best team we would have ever put on the park. the only query i would have would be either mayne or deboer might make way for mellington, and griffen for roberton. other than that, that is the exactly how i would like to see us line up round 1
unfortunately lower is suspended unless pre season games count. hope they do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FF: Clarke Kep Mello
HF: Mayne Pav Balla
C: Mora Barlow Fyfe
HB Hill Elvis Broughton
FB: Silvagni Dawson Ibbo
R: Sandi Mundy MDB
I: Suban Lower Mz
S: McPhee

FB: duffield, dawson, Silvagni
HB: broughton, mcpharlin, pitt
R: mundy, sandilands, lower
C: barlow, hill, de boer
HF: fyfe, pavlich, morabito
FF: ballas, anthony, mellington *

I: mcphee, ibbotson, mzungu

S: michie

* replace with mayne if he addresses his yips

Pitt could not stop anyone, Ibbotson is the answer here.
I do like your forward set up, I certainly do believe that JA will off a lot more under Lyon than under Harvey. And the the person calling Hill soft pages back, he had very little support and was injured for the majority of the year.

Hill will benefit greatly with Barlow, Mundy and Lower doing a lot of the gruntwork out to his skill. Looking forward to 2011.

Nice team by the way!

It's very depressing reading through these lists of "best 22." I suppose my view is coloured by how we performed this year but at least 11 in each 22 are either crabs or blokes with less than 5 good games in their careers to this point.:(

Pitt could not stop anyone, Ibbotson is the answer here.
I do like your forward set up, I certainly do believe that JA will off a lot more under Lyon than under Harvey. And the the person calling Hill soft pages back, he had very little support and was injured for the majority of the year.

Hill will benefit greatly with Barlow, Mundy and Lower doing a lot of the gruntwork out to his skill. Looking forward to 2011.

Nice team by the way!

haha cheers, I originally had ibbotson in that spot with pitt on the bench - but pitt being my buddy.. lets just call it nepotism. anyone I have on the interchange could switch with pitt really, depending on whether we need run, mongrel or both.

There is a thread on the main Board asking who are your 6 best players outside the 22. It is an interesting question. Below is my reply, and I guess the interesting thing to me is that those next 6 for me are all tall players;

FF: Ballantyne Pavlich Mayne
HF: Fyfe Clarke Pitt
FB: Duffield Silvagni Grover
R: Sandilands Mundy Lower

I: de Boer Suban Bradley S: Mzungu

Have not included Dawson, but he would be best 22 ahead of Grover in a weeks time.

M Johnson
Crowley
Griffin
McPhee
Roberton
Faulks
Anthony

There would be a couple of guys like Walters, Mitchie and Mellington who would give it a nudge depending on positional requirements.

FF: Ballantyne Pavlich Mellington
HF: Fyfe Clarke Mayne
FB: Duffield Silvagni Dawson
R: Sandilands Mundy DeBoer

I: Mzungu Suban Lower S: Pitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Best 22 in 2012 (minus draftees)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back