Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question . as Sam is dead set on two rucks, one resting in the forward line, eg: even Meek was quoted saying his forward craft is a focus this year.
so if are Lewis Bruest plus ruckman, Moore and Chad and Cmac a lock, last three mostly as HHF, there now seems a loads of options for the last spot is it a big man Kozi , a mid size Greene or a small Brockman or Butler? Or will a newby pop up and take it , Long, Serong or O’Sullivan?
Nice to have this conundrum, just saying 👍
note: working on a 7 man forward line, one off the bench.

Question . as Sam is dead set on two rucks, one resting in the forward line, eg: even Meek was quoted saying his forward craft is a focus this year.
so if are Lewis Bruest plus ruckman, Moore and Chad and Cmac a lock, last three mostly as HHF, there now seems a loads of options for the last spot is it a big man Kozi , a mid size Greene or a small Brockman or Butler? Or will a newby pop up and take it , Long, Serong or O’Sullivan?
Probably just be horses for courses.

Like to see all of them get a chance... Guess we won't know what works until it is trailed.

Box Hill is going to have a ripper forward line if everyone stays fit.

Forward lines change size / composition between games and within games.

We have also seen a subtle return to multi-faceted mids who can roll forward and impact whilst “resting”.

Frankly I only see Lewis and a 2nd ruck as almost certainties with Breust as a 3rd permanent/inside forward.

Moore plays high and then 2 mid/utilities roll through the other spots.

Probably 10 players per game in the forward line.

Doubt it'll happen, but think Lynch could play in our forward line instead of kozi.

Risk playing 3 rucks, but each ruckman is different, and not the standard tall and lumbersome.

Lynch was pretty good at creating a contest in the vfl last season when resting fwd, and I'd like to see if he could fill the role at FF (can't be worse than old concrete hands who doesn't lead).

Meek is an endurance beast, and don't see him playing the standard ruckman/forward role. Reeves will be starting ruckman

Lewis, resting ruck, Greene, Brockman, then Punky, The Chad and Moore (playing the extra mid up the ground and losing defenders coming back forward and kicking goals)

Max Ramsden - Forward, Ruck or Ruck / Forward?

I haven't seen him play for BH but Hawks have a wonderful record with MSD players.

Why the big wraps on this guy - Speed? Marking? Any player he reminds you guys of?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen him play for BH but Hawks have a wonderful record with MSD players.

Why the big wraps on this guy - Speed? Marking? Any player he reminds you guys of?

Thanks in advance.
Forward/Ruck

Great mark.

Massive hands.

Had a great final against GCS in the VFL even though we lost.

Thanks in advance.
Just came 2nd in the TT to Weddle.
Strong mark, can kick a goal. Can move, is young. Over 200cm.
A lot to like.

We have 7 players 26 and over. 7!

Frost, Sicily, Wingard, Impey, Bruest, Amon and Hardwick.

You may not like it but if fit, these 7 play every game next year. I've had some Intel from pretty high up that backs this up and it makes sense

This is a 'finding out' year. Keep the bigger bodies in and foster a nice competitive environment for the rest.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You may not like it but if fit, these 7 play every game next year. I've had some Intel from pretty high up that backs this up and it makes sense

This is a 'finding out' year. Keep the bigger bodies in and foster a nice competitive environment for the rest.

Why wouldn't those players play every week I thought it was a given.

It makes perfect sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see Frost or Impey as automatic best 22.

Frost no, but a fit Impey yes IMO.
Impey has not been the same player since the injury. Not an automatic selection.
Frost has the tools to be a tall half-back. He's quick, has a decent kick on the run. Feel he is harshly viewed by our fans. His kicks from free kicks/marks are pretty lousy, but he isn't alone in the afl for that.
Structurally, he probably isn't picked, but in terms of capability, he's easily in out top 20

Any track watchers know why Finn hasn't been named up with the leaders in our time trials?

Obviously Weddle has really impressed. And I've read Ramsden, CJ and Amon have been amongst the top 5.

I find it really surprising I haven't read about Finn given it's his one-wood to playing AFL.

Any track watchers know why Finn hasn't been named up with the leaders in our time trials?

Obviously Weddle has really impressed. And I've read Ramsden, CJ and Amon have been amongst the top 5.

I find it really surprising I haven't read about Finn given it's his one-wood to playing AFL.
Finn hasn't been training with the Hawks this pre-season. Heard rumours that he's been rocking up to opposition club trainings and keeping their best players from getting a touch in any drills.

Impey has not been the same player since the injury. Not an automatic selection.
Frost has the tools to be a tall half-back. He's quick, has a decent kick on the run. Feel he is harshly viewed by our fans. His kicks from free kicks/marks are pretty lousy, but he isn't alone in the afl for that.
Structurally, he probably isn't picked, but in terms of capability, he's easily in out top 20

Frost is probably the worst kick on the list. If he's playing he'll be performing a shut-down role, not running off the HBF.

We have half a dozen players, Impey included, that are better suited to the role.

I don't see Frost or Impey as automatic best 22.
When was Frost ever dropped due to form?

Answer: never

Hasn’t darkened the door at Box Hill in his career, and you think he might play there in 2023 after we have cut our list to the bone?

He’s got 9 seasons of AFL experience.

He will play every game unless injured.

Frost is probably the worst kick on the list. If he's playing he'll be performing a shut-down role, not running off the HBF.

We have half a dozen players, Impey included, that are better suited to the role.
One of the worst kicks from a free. His kicking on the run is elite.

Also, I never said he would get a game at half back, but rather that he has the traits to play it.

Let me reiterate, as I did earlier, IN MY OPINION Worpel is not in the preferred starting midfield mix and will have to improve dramatically to be considered (thus, 'more hoops') .
I'm so very sorry I didn't enunciate clearly in my earlier posts. I could also bore you and subject myself to more ridicule by telling you my opinion is based on the word I have from someone inside the Club - but I wont do that because it gets very boring listening to people belittle you because they like that player. I wont even mention the fact that there's two people here I confided to during draft time that we were definitely getting Frenchy - based on my 'inside word', but again so much ridicule is ure to follow.

So forget it. Worpel is IN MY OPINION behind at least three other players as a preferred starting mid and will have to improve on his form to date to be considered in the 'A' midfield grouping WHICH IS A COMPLETE FICTION THAT I HAVE OPINED MYSELF .

Have at it lads
haven't you heard... you are not allowed opinions on BF....

When was Frost ever dropped due to form?

Answer: never

Hasn’t darkened the door at Box Hill in his career, and you think he might play there in 2023 after we have cut our list to the bone?

He’s got 9 seasons of AFL experience.

He will play every game unless injured.
All his nine seasons mean is that he is a known quantity. It doesn't guarantee a spot in a young team - just ask Liam Shiels. Frost is an average to above average defender, who has good speed which enables him to play tall or small. That makes him a handy player, despite the occasional rush of blood to the head. Whether he plays BH this year will depend on how Morris, DGB and Jeka develop. There is a lot of competition for spots in the back half and Frost is no superstar.

All his nine seasons mean is that he is a known quantity. It doesn't guarantee a spot in a young team - just ask Liam Shiels. Frost is an average to above average defender, who has good speed which enables him to play tall or small. That makes him a handy player, despite the occasional rush of blood to the head. Whether he plays BH this year will depend on how Morris, DGB and Jeka develop. There is a lot of competition for spots in the back half and Frost is no superstar.
Agree. If the match up isn't there for him v the Dons (perhaps Stringer), I doubt he is picked r1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back