Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone posts that Worpel is in exactly the same position as every other mid vying for a position, and you say, categorically, that he will have to "jump through more hoops" than everyone else because he's not in the "A" midfield, then you admit the "A" midfield was your own concoction...and that will have to show more than the others to be selected (which, just quietly, is the set of hoops that EVERY player has to jump through)

Feel free to say that you feel Worpel is behind others in your opinion, but you undermine yourself when you express it like that.
Let me reiterate, as I did earlier, IN MY OPINION Worpel is not in the preferred starting midfield mix and will have to improve dramatically to be considered (thus, 'more hoops') .
I'm so very sorry I didn't enunciate clearly in my earlier posts. I could also bore you and subject myself to more ridicule by telling you my opinion is based on the word I have from someone inside the Club - but I wont do that because it gets very boring listening to people belittle you because they like that player. I wont even mention the fact that there's two people here I confided to during draft time that we were definitely getting Frenchy - based on my 'inside word', but again so much ridicule is ure to follow.

So forget it. Worpel is IN MY OPINION behind at least three other players as a preferred starting mid and will have to improve on his form to date to be considered in the 'A' midfield grouping WHICH IS A COMPLETE FICTION THAT I HAVE OPINED MYSELF .

Have at it lads

Let me reiterate, as I did earlier, IN MY OPINION Worpel is not in the preferred starting midfield mix and will have to improve dramatically to be considered (thus, 'more hoops') .
I'm so very sorry I didn't enunciate clearly in my earlier posts. I could also bore you and subject myself to more ridicule by telling you my opinion is based on the word I have from someone inside the Club - but I wont do that because it gets very boring listening to people belittle you because they like that player. I wont even mention the fact that there's two people here I confided to during draft time that we were definitely getting Frenchy - based on my 'inside word', but again so much ridicule is ure to follow.

So forget it. Worpel is IN MY OPINION behind at least three other players as a preferred starting mid and will have to improve on his form to date to be considered in the 'A' midfield grouping WHICH IS A COMPLETE FICTION THAT I HAVE OPINED MYSELF .

Have at it lads
Have at what?

Every midfielder at the club will have to be able to perform at the same standard to get picked. That is AFL standard. No more no less. You seem to think that because IN YOUR OPINION Worple is behind some other players he will have to perform at a higher standard than is required by the rest of the midfield.

That is ridiculous.

He doesn't have more hoops to jump through he has the same hoops. Get to the standard required. That is what they are all asked to do.

Have at what?

Every midfielder at the club will have to be able to perform at the same standard to get picked. That is AFL standard. No more no less. You seem to think that because IN YOUR OPINION Worple is behind some other players he will have to perform at a higher standard than is required by the rest of the midfield.

That is ridiculous.

He doesn't have more hoops to jump through he has the same hoops. Get to the standard required. That is what they are all asked to do.

Does potential come in to play here?

Does Ward, Mackenzie, McDonald and perhaps Stephens who may have higher ceilings get games over Worpel who the coaches may have decided has reached his peak?

Then yes, he may need to perform better than the above to gain a spot and to show he has improvement in him.

Does he need to perform better than Nash and Maginess - probably not.

Have at it lads
fair enough

Have at it lads
Interesting...

Last edited:
Have at what?

That is ridiculous.

To be fair I don’t think he’s saying worpel will need to perform at a higher standard to the rest of the midfield, I think he’s saying worpel will need to perform at a higher standard than he currently is, because as is, he won’t make the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he does. If Nash and Maginness are at the same level they both have the edge one Worpel - more upside and greater role flexibility.
The opposite is true. Worpel has more up side as a former Peter Crimmins medal winner. neither Maginness nor Nash can make this claim. Worpel only needs the recapture the form that won him a b and f, the other two have to demonstrate they can achieve that level quality and consistency over a season to be considered to have more upside. I’d also like you to elaborate on the flexibility of Nash and Maginness because I am yet to see this attribute in either of them.

The opposite is true. Worpel has more up side as a former Peter Crimmins medal winner. neither Maginness nor Nash can make this claim. Worpel only needs the recapture the form that won him a b and f, the other two have to demonstrate they can achieve that level quality and consistency over a season to be considered to have more upside. I’d also like you to elaborate on the flexibility of Nash and Maginness because I am yet to suild. ee this attribute in either of them.
Maginness can play as a tagger, inside mid or wing. Nash can play as an inside/outside mid or utility. Maginness and Nash have both been on a strong upward trajectory, whereas Worpel peaked early and flattened.

Worpel may get back to his PCM form (and I hope he does). However there are plenty of players who peaked early and failed to build.

To be fair I don’t think he’s saying worpel will need to perform at a higher standard to the rest of the midfield, I think he’s saying worpel will need to perform at a higher standard than he currently is, because as is, he won’t make the team.
he said he needed to jump through more hoops THAN THE OTHERS. Not "jump through more hoops than he is now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back