• 45: Tylar Young

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 46: Ben Miller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 25 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed him pulling out of a marking contest. Must have happened when I was in the backyard smoking a spliff.
Well, maybe pulling out is a tad harsh. He went up for a mark but went one handed and didn't really look like he was trying to mark it.

Or maybe it was the result of the spliff that I'd smoked at 3/4 time.

One word for that … and it’s the same that can be applied to some of our fans …. Arrogance!
We haven’t been the best team since 2020 yet some are still deluded in thinking we are and carry on as if we are.
Vlastuin is a key example. Has become arrogant. To borrow from T-shirt Tommy - get back to being a back pocket plumber. He sets a horrible example whereas once he was the model.
Sorry, Cotch is cooked. Even slow blokes run away from him and leave him in their dust.
Haven’t learned a thing. Smashed in clearances, smashed at stoppages.
Just roll the sleeves up and get back to work. Too few prepared to do the hard work!
yep,absolutely agree with all that,me thinks not just Cotch but maybe 4-5 of his more experienced comrades are thinking along the lines of 'this maybe a bridge too far' at the moment as well.
Do u reckon the oldies have realised the reality before the fans and thats what we're seeing ?

yep,agree with all that,me thinks not just Cotch but maybe 4-5 of his more experienced comrades are thinking along the lines of 'this maybe a bridge too far' at the moment as well.
Do u reckon the oldies have realised the reality before the fans and thats what we're seeing ?
I think what we are seeing is a lack of a decent system, along with stability in the side. Have serious doubts about how we are trying to play and move the ball but in the last 2 games, even the Pies game, we looked really good when we got on a roll. Just need to consistently produce that type of fast ball movement that enabled us to get on top.

It’s not just how many ‘best-22’ are out, it’s when the first choice replacements are out also that kills you.

Our best 2 pure defenders are out : Tarrant and Broad. Then next in line Gibcus is out. So that’s 3 costly outs.

Our best ruck is out: Nank. Our first choice good quality replacement Soldo is out. That’s 5 costly outs.

Then Lynch, Graham and Short are out, which makes 8 costly outs.

So yeah, don’t expect any top quality consistent footy any time soon as I don’t think any are due back next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Start of the year i said Lynch was out most important player.
Shudder to think what lies ahead.

Keep playing the kids, let’s find out what we got.

I’d like to see some of our other draftees given a go, banks, Browne (when fit), and even Bauer or bradtke.

We will send off some absolute legends of our club at the end of the year, time to start thinking future.
Bauer was pretty solid down back for the VFL last night…

Wtf are people saying? Balta is a lock. He's a gun. Yes he makes some errors but he has been our best defender at actually defending all yes at by a mile.

He's clearly a gun defender and is an option on offence. Probably at least a b grade rance.

Look more around him. He has a washed Vlastuin, grimes, no Broad, no second "big" like Astbury or Tarant. Plus smalls like Baker and Rioli who realm can't offer much aerial support. We ask alot of him. Imagine if we were reliant on Miller or Garthwaite. We'd be ****ed
Oh please.A gun?
He's an athlete playing football.
Gets out positioned on a regular basis.
Its not as if he was surrounded by Turkeys early on in his career.
What has he learnt?Nothing.

Well who are you dropping? and dont say Ralphsmith because that's insane, they're not like for like and Ralphsmiths been great.
Hugo has been good (dogs) to woeful (every other game)

yep,absolutely agree with all that,me thinks not just Cotch but maybe 4-5 of his more experienced comrades are thinking along the lines of 'this maybe a bridge too far' at the moment as well.
Reckon the coach/coaches failed to read the room.
We had a bloke called Edwards who was awful for two years but we ‘had to’ get him to 300.
He was cooked and sadly a liability, but it set a precedent in that we were too scared to make the ‘right’ call.
They’ll do it again with Cotch.
I feel for #9 .. he’s literally trying his guts out but he just can’t keep up and watching blokes pull away from him with ease is soul destroying.
We have to stop thinking we’ve got 27yo Dusty back, and we’ve got 26yo Prestia and 27yo Grimes, they’ve aged and slowed.
I’m ok with bringing if I’m Taranto and Hopoer, but do they inject skill and pace. No.
They are accumulators.
And yes, I’m sure as some have said Vlas andthe like are phoning it in … yep, a bridge too far!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember in the pre season how good our team looked on paper? Was hard to fit in all our gun players.

Because everyone acted as if they were all in their prime.
The wear and tear was evident last year and two years ago, but everyone thought players would just defy reality and return to 2019 versions of themselves.
Been happening on this board for years.
You take your hat off to blokes like Grigg and Rance who call it correctly.

Dusty has done * all for the money he is currently on - he looks disinterested

He has plenty of mates at the moment, we need something to liven them up and a new plan IMHO. Look at the Saints, playing like world beaters, they have purpose and inent, something we seem to have lost lately.

Yeah. Of those the only one I'd be confident of us winning is the West Coast game. I can see us losing the rest (GC, Geelong, Port, GWS, Freo, St Kilda) the way we're going.
If we win only one more game this year.Let it be against Geelong.

I think its important to remember that we haven't had massive changes like Hopper and Taranto for a very long time, they are 2 players that come in and are in our top 5 straight away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Best and worst vs Sydney round 5, changes for Melbourne Anzac Day eve

Back