• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of our older guys really spam it up, should be the ones with the most composure and skill, but they aren't.
And they also weren't mentioned in Yze's presser either. He did talk about the young guys lacking composure, but not a word about the experienced, premiership players who had even less composure and who also have less excuses.

And they also weren't mentioned in Yze's presser either. He did talk about the young guys lacking composure, but not a word about the experienced, premiership players who had even less composure and who also have less excuses.
THATS WHAT DOES MY HEAD IN HERE TOO. the guys guys are much more under the micro scope when it should be the opposite

THATS WHAT DOES MY HEAD IN HERE TOO. the guys guys are much more under the micro scope when it should be the opposite
So not only can the premiership guys not be dropped, they can't be criticised either it seems.

So not only can the premiership guys not be dropped, they can't be criticised either it seems.
Still fuming that nothing was said of Pickett just standing there observing when 5m away from a contest. If it was a kid he'd be dropped this week after being made an example publicly of its ineptness. I don't care he needs to be dropped , but it's been swept under the carpet.

Pressers arent the correct forum to do that IMO.

I do believe that Yze was asked in particular about the younger players, hence mentioning them and I don't think it was done in a way to throw them under the bus. At the same time he'd no doubt be discussing the lack of impact & input he is getting from his senior players directly with them in game reviews and post match in the rooms and I don't see Yze mentioning them in the media unless he is specifically asked about them.

I do believe that Yze was asked in particular about the younger players, hence mentioning them and I don't think it was done in a way to throw them under the bus. At the same time he'd no doubt be discussing the lack of impact & input he is getting from his senior players directly with them in game reviews and post match in the rooms and I don't see Yze mentioning them in the media unless he is specifically asked about them.

Spot on. It's a bit like Hardwick and Cumbo. Wouldn't have said a word about him if not asked. Turned into persecution of the kid, wrecked his career etc etc

Do we really care what is said in pressers? Unless it's an update on an injury, the rest can just be ignored. Internal and external communications are completely different.

Well it hasn't been working then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Praise in public, criticise in private…..
A common club mantra.

If you were coach and were unhappy with one of your senior players, would you a) talk shit about them to the media? b) privately talk to them in the countless review meetings the have for this very thing?

Why would they criticise them publicly? One of the coaches jobs is to shield the players from this very thing. Do you really want throw one of you own players under the bus so they can have countless articles and talkback segments about how they are playing poorly?

Still fuming that nothing was said of Pickett just standing there observing when 5m away from a contest. If it was a kid he'd be dropped this week after being made an example publicly of its ineptness. I don't care he needs to be dropped , but it's been swept under the carpet.
Sorry mate, when was this? I could only listen to the game on the radio as I was driving so can't picture moments like this to know when it happened.

Naismith at least makes a contest.
Kozi is softer than Kleenex.
A very polite and considerate Kleenex at that!
Kleenex's are handy...I'll give you that! A little like Kozi when he goes for his marks...the footy spills through his soft handies!

There was a huge emphasis on goal kicking over the pre season culminating in a team wide, knockout set shot goal kicking competition and a $10K prize offered to a lucky Richmond supporter. Shai won that competition. Perhaps you know all this ?

I think it just goes to show how different a match day shot at goal, after you've run, dodged, dived, tackled, leaped for a screamer, sprinted and repeat sprinted to get the footy in a scoring position under extreme pressure is to the relatively low pressure of training. Even a set shot goal kicking competition at training.

It's very hard to recreate a match day environment. I'm pretty sure Shai as a professional footballer, gets heavily coached on all aspects of his game including his set shots. I think he's just one of those players who plays wholly on instinct as the blinder he kicked from the boundary in this game shows. He's just better on the run. It's arguable Dusty and Cotch are/were the same.

Coaching is a balancing act, do you tinker too much with Shai's technique or just let him play ? I see improvement in his set shots this year basically down to a set routine. I think Shai Bolton is going to win us more games than he loses from his goal kicking.
I think it was JR8 that practised kicking for goal with earphones on duplicating crowd noise with music...
I reckon they ought to have had that $10,000 prize kicking contest set up another way...
Do 2 repeat 50 meter sprints...loser hits the tackle bag...then kick for goal under 20 seconds...
Rinse and repeat till right amount of goals scored...simulating game conditions!
None of this easy and lazy feck around contest...kicking for goal under no physical/game pressure!
The way they originally had it was easy peasy money to be won!
Feck I am very tight with my money!;):cool:

Last edited:
the whole main group training:

john travolta GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back