• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith instead of kozi more appropriate.
...a guy that hasn't kicked a goal at AFL level since 2016? And has 3 total in career?

Kozis not shown much, but he's kicked 55 in 50 games and 27 in his first season at the Hawks (which would've been good for our 3rd best goal kicker last year)

I dunno why people think Naismith would be a better option.

...a guy that hasn't kicked a goal at AFL level since 2016? And has 3 total in career?

Kozis not shown much, but he's kicked 55 in 50 games and 27 in his first season at the Hawks (which would've been good for our 3rd best goal kicker last year)

So he is getting worse the more he plays ?

I am just thinking about how mismanaged Lynch has been. Dude was forced to play an entire game against Carlton when he was supposed to only play a half or 2.5 quarters. Then was back in for a full game with no break and then again in a hard win against Sydney. This is all after not having a conditioning pre season.

This turned the injury from an "if" to a "when".

I am just thinking about how mismanaged Lynch has been. Dude was forced to play an entire game against Carlton when he was supposed to only play a half or 2.5 quarters. Then was back in for a full game with no break and then again in a hard win against Sydney. This is all after not having a conditioning pre season.

This turned the injury from an "if" to a "when".
His injury was pretty unlucky though, not sure much the staff could have done about that.

His injury was pretty unlucky though, not sure much the staff could have done about that.
We should of given him a "Preseasons" amount of time to get some conditioning into his body. There is a difference between being able to do all the training sessions in a week and being able to string full matches together. When I did my ACL the surgeon said that I would be able to run in a straight line after about 6 months but there will need to be extra conditioning done on the hammy to ensure that it doesn't go ping.

If I were Meehan, I would of told the Match Committee and everyone else that we are going to target this weekend's game against West Coast to be his first match back in the ones and have him on the ground for only 2.5 quarters at most. That way he can spend the last 4-5 weeks working on match fitness and conditioning of his body and it could of given him the best possible chance of playing a few more games.

Naismith at least makes a contest.
Kozi is softer than Kleenex.

Really enjoyed watching the game today. Not really concerned with the result as I didn't expect us to get the win over the Saints. What I did enjoy though was the continued good signs from the kids. Brown looked even better again as he settles into his role. Campbell continued his fine form and while he had a couple of errors good things happen more often than not, Maurice laid some crucial tackles that resulted in goals when we shouldn't have got them. Dow made a good start to the game before rolling his ankle when stepping on the footy, what was pleasing was that he got it re-strapped and returned to the game and still had some important touches before eventually being subbed out. Mansell didn't quite have the game that he had last week, but he showed some real strength over the footy and won contested footy that kept us in possession. McAuliffe in his limited appearance showed that he won't be overawed at the level with 4 disposals and 3 tackles, looking forward to seeing him getting more opportunities in the coming weeks.

Of the experienced guys, how good was it to see a fully fit Martin rolling around doing as he pleased, while Bolton played the type of game that we used to see Martin play at his peak. Nankervis was very strong again in the contest against Marshall and probably just won their battle overall. Taranto seems to have found his groove again and worked well in the middle alongside Ross who seems to be flourishing back in the middle of the ground like he did very early on in his career.

As for next week Baker will be welcomed back, but it will be a bit of a nervous wait for Vlastuin after his dangerous tackle against Butler in the 3rd quarter, it should only be a fine, but you just never know with the MRO. Dow may make way depending on how his ankle is after rolling it and with the bye the following week, giving him a couple of weeks to get it right may not be a bad thing. You'd have to wonder how much credits McIntosh has left before he gets the tap, while the Pickett roller coaster ride continues to frustrate as he goes from doing something good to doing something head scratching. I can also see a lot of discussion happening around the make up of the forward line. Koschitzke while not playing a great game certainly did what was asked of him in terms of competing inside F50 and giving Nankervis a break in the ruck. Would we be better off giving Ryan or Naismith a run alongside Koschitzke up forward and allowing them to be the back up to Nankervis while leaving Koschitzke forward permanently as it was quite obvious that we lost structure up forward when Koschitzke was up the ground and Lefau was left as the lone marking target.

FWIW I'd go with:

Out: Lefau Dow McIntosh
In: Ryan Baker Ralphsmith

B: Miller Young Broad
HB: Brown Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: Campbell Taranto Pickett
HF: Sonsie Mansell M.Rioli
F: Bolton Koschitzke Martin
R: Nankervis Ross Baker
INT: Short Graham McAuliffe Ryan Ralphsmith
I will say it again .. can't talk about the good without carrying on about Funky Miller .. stood up in the 3rd quarter and didn't wilt once when the Saints where bombarding their forward ... was tough, clean and unrushed ... he has found the pace of the game and will tear some games apart as this season progresses ... has many of the same weapons as Brown

Last edited:
So the question remains why are some players continually getting games when not playing well. And others cant get games even if they play well in the ressies, notably Cumbo, Ralphsmith, Clarke to name a few.

I have no doubt if we had no injures most older players would be playing to the detriment of some of the younger talent.

So this falls back onto the MC and I will say it again just reward reserves form because if you don't players will drop off its only human you give your best and don't get rewarded likely form will drop off over time.

Others only need to show glimpses and whollah straight back in.

I back in our selection more often than not as they know a lot more than us … McIntosh the only massive head scratcher for me thus far in 2024.

This week I’m hoping to see Baker for McIntosh and Short/Sonsie to share the wing. Campbell or Dow sub as I want to see McAuliffe get a full game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I back in our selection more often than not as they know a lot more than us … McIntosh the only massive head scratcher for me thus far in 2024.

This week I’m hoping to see Baker for McIntosh and Short/Sonsie to share the wing. Campbell or Dow sub as I want to see McAuliffe get a full game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And Ryan or Naismith for Lefau ... let the Kiwi go and try and dominate a game against Werribee Tigers who had 7 players in the State game against the SANFL on the weekend.

It’s interesting that a couple years ago we played the last game of the year with a heap of injuries and a few of the young blokes stood up and showed plenty . Since the time they’ve been side shifted to play in positions that aren’t suited to. Being returned to those roles they have again showed plenty .
Wasted years !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pickett was our worst in what was a decent effort given the side's size and experience. Only one change I feel with Baker back in.

Not worried about the club.
We have had a crack all year.

I feel a young cub forward is going to tear it up this week.

West Coast will be revved up for their grand final.
I can hear the Al Pacino speeches from here.

Let's go out there and Eat Em Alive!

Let's go Tigers!

Commentators will send our radios and TVs launching to Mars everytime the Eagles score lol.

We will win!

Our young players are giving it a red hard Tiger crack.

I just hope the umpires aren't reading this post otherwise 20-2 to Eagles at half time.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The Match Review Officer has completed their review of Sunday's Round 4 match between Richmond and St Kilda, with Nick Vlastuin offered a financial sanction.

Charge laid:

Nick Vlastuin, Richmond, has been charged with rough conduct against St Kilda's Dan Butler during the third quarter of the Round 4 match between Richmond and St Kilda played at Norwood Oval on Sunday, April 7, 2024.

The incident was graded as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

The incident was classified as a $3750 sanction as a first offence.

Vlastuin can accept a $2500 sanction with an early plea, and will be free to play against West Coast this Sunday afternoon.

We should of given him a "Preseasons" amount of time to get some conditioning into his body. There is a difference between being able to do all the training sessions in a week and being able to string full matches together. When I did my ACL the surgeon said that I would be able to run in a straight line after about 6 months but there will need to be extra conditioning done on the hammy to ensure that it doesn't go ping.

If I were Meehan, I would of told the Match Committee and everyone else that we are going to target this weekend's game against West Coast to be his first match back in the ones and have him on the ground for only 2.5 quarters at most. That way he can spend the last 4-5 weeks working on match fitness and conditioning of his body and it could have given him the best possible chance of playing a few more games.
You nailed it. You can do all the training you like , but it’s not the same duress as a game of AFL football. He needed to be roomed in slowly as you’ve stated.
My concern is that with his new injury Meehan and the medical team said it was so rare , so I hope they know what they’re doing before , during and after operation.

Ryan is a better option then Lefau. Give Ryan a block of games let's see what he can do better option then Kosie to.
Ryan and Kosi are not a good combination IMO. Neither is a strong pack mark and neither is a lead and crash through type forward. They may not be the best two forwards of the available players but the best combination is Naismith and Lefau. If we had a tall mobile third forward then the combination may be different

truly can’t see anything in kosi at all we have him for 3 years
at which point he will be 26 years old, right? which is about the age we lost patience and shipped Schulz off to Port...

In any case Kosi has time, I think he can be something, and don't need him to peak this year, we aren't winning the GF this year.

Same with Yze as a matter of fact, great development year at many levels at tigerland, surprising how much I am enjoying this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back