• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not roasting him just suggesting the coaching staff do something about his atricious set shot goalkicking, for the betterment of the team.
It is a team game afterall.
There was a huge emphasis on goal kicking over the pre season culminating in a team wide, knockout set shot goal kicking competition and a $10K prize offered to a lucky Richmond supporter. Shai won that competition. Perhaps you know all this ?

I think it just goes to show how different a match day shot at goal, after you've run, dodged, dived, tackled, leaped for a screamer, sprinted and repeat sprinted to get the footy in a scoring position under extreme pressure is to the relatively low pressure of training. Even a set shot goal kicking competition at training.

It's very hard to recreate a match day environment. I'm pretty sure Shai as a professional footballer, gets heavily coached on all aspects of his game including his set shots. I think he's just one of those players who plays wholly on instinct as the blinder he kicked from the boundary in this game shows. He's just better on the run. It's arguable Dusty and Cotch are/were the same.

Coaching is a balancing act, do you tinker too much with Shai's technique or just let him play ? I see improvement in his set shots this year basically down to a set routine. I think Shai Bolton is going to win us more games than he loses from his goal kicking.

Answer the question. What has Macca done to impress you across his 5 x games of 2024? You actually cannot play worse, so anybody would be better .. Clarke, Hugo, Kaleb Smith.. it doesn’t matter who you bring in, it’s not actually possible to play worse than Macca is playing in 2024. Zero offensive threat, turnover and clanger city, and doesn’t defend ball movement well.

Which element of his game are you liking in 2024? Simple question.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A question best put you'd think to Adem Yze and the MC.

There was a huge emphasis on goal kicking over the pre season culminating in a team wide, knockout set shot goal kicking competition and a $10K prize offered to a lucky Richmond supporter. Shai won that competition. Perhaps you know all this ?

I think it just goes to show how different a match day shot at goal, after you've run, dodged, dived, tackled, leaped for a screamer, sprinted and repeat sprinted to get the footy in a scoring position under extreme pressure is to the relatively low pressure of training. Even a set shot goal kicking competition at training.

It's very hard to recreate a match day environment. I'm pretty sure Shai as a professional footballer, gets heavily coached on all aspects of his game including his set shots. I think he's just one of those players who plays wholly on instinct as the blinder he kicked from the boundary in this game shows. He's just better on the run. It's arguable Dusty and Cotch are/were the same.

Coaching is a balancing act, do you tinker too much with Shai's technique or just let him play ? I see improvement in his set shots this year basically down to a set routine. I think Shai Bolton is going to win us more games than he loses from his goal kicking.
They need to work out a way for him to kick set shots. It's soul destroying when he misses easy shots. He needs to work on it until he gets it right.
Better to win games than have an awesome highlights package.
He should be aiming to be the best player in the game and that means doing the bread and butter things right.
I think he needs a sport psychologist, a real good one.

Shame to lose but it's about growth and learning with this group at the moment with so much youth and injuries.

Miller has been wonderful. Brown an absolute game breaker. Young had a better game.

Sonsie and Campbell struggled a bit more this week. I wonder if the ground was partly to blame.

Lefau and Kosi, not great but tried hard.

Noticed MRJ was on less minutes than his usual and Graham was definitely managed too. Dow did well to fight through.

I may be in the minority but really enjoying Jack Ross' season. Been a good mix of inside and outside mid, clean, running out games.

at which point he will be 26 years old, right? which is about the age we lost patience and shipped Schulz off to Port...

In any case Kosi has time, I think he can be something, and don't need him to peak this year, we aren't winning the GF this year.

Same with Yze as a matter of fact, great development year at many levels at tigerland, surprising how much I am enjoying this year.
Koz had a way better game than ground zero. Hit the scoreboard, back up ruck work is better than I'd seen. In most of his games he has other talls doing the back up ruckwork. Balta, Cray, Ryan..

I think Yze said in the presser he and Lefau remain in the side.

Koz had a way better game than ground zero. Hit the scoreboard, back up ruck work is better than I'd seen. In most of his games he has other talls doing the back up ruckwork. Balta, Cray, Ryan..

I think Yze said in the presser he and Lefau remain in the side.
His tap work was excellent, I was suprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll make people sick in saying this but we need to take a leaf out of Collingwoods book in 2021.

On paper they had a horror year.
Finished 17th and won 6 matches for the year.
Yet when you scratch the surface you see they have a % of 85 and we’re largely competitive in a majority of their games.
13 of their 16 losses were 30 points or less.

They bottomed out for a season, played the kids and got in some exceptional talent and reloaded and shot right up the table.

This club will bear the fruits of playing the kids in 2024.
ive been saying this for 3 years, no point playing ageing players when the speed of the game is faster than its ever been, better to play the kids and look to the future. we got 3 flags out of it, time to build and aim for 3 more in a few years time.

ive been saying this for 3 years, no point playing ageing players when the speed of the game is faster than its ever been, better to play the kids and look to the future. we got 3 flags out of it, time to build and aim for 3 more in a few years time.
Sorry, we can't do that. We still have premiership players on our list and while they are still on the list, they must be played at all times even if they are horribly out of form, underdone, or just simply finished.

Why is everyone assuming that McGovern is going to play back this week??
Surely with our depleted talls in our forward line and there non existing talls in their forward line.. Surely he plays forward
I hope he does. We stand a better chance of covering him if he plays forward. Our backline in going just fine (until Grimes returns and f**ks up the balance), but it's at the other end where we'll have to be careful we don't just bomb it long to him all day.

Players who have done syndesmosis often come back on to the ground, but then afterwards get ruled out for 4-12 weeks :O

Let's wait till we get the official I guess :( Hope he's okay
Syndesmosis is a twisting force injury with usually the foot planted, the video of McCauliffe's clearly showed a normal turned ankle, if minor doubt he is out for this week but possible to miss this one cause with bye following gives ample time to recover properly

Sorry, we can't do that. We still have premiership players on our list and while they are still on the list, they must be played at all times even if they are horribly out of form, underdone, or just simply finished.
Sad. Mini, Fair enough.

modern coaching. I stopped melting over selection of the flag era club. Under Yze we are playing great footy at times.

even at country level , quite sophisticated game its become. positioning. Lots of AFL players drifting down. Dean Solomon coaching our seniors.

Some excellent skills when we did have the ball.

He kicked 4 goals and 1 behind. How many set shots did he miss?
He missed an easy one and turned over another but I'm looking at the big picture. If you can kick them on the run from 40m out under pressure on the boundary line, you should be able to kick the easy ones.
I just want him to be the best he can be.

He missed an easy one and turned over another but I'm looking at the big picture. If you can kick them on the run from 40m out under pressure on the boundary line, you should be able to kick the easy ones.
I just want him to be the best he can be.
No worries, I thought you just meant the weekend's game. I agree he does spray a lot, but not always set shots. He's missed a few very gettable shots on the run as well. That's why I prefer him on the ball. His kicking for goal seems better when he's not playing as a permanent forward.

The worst one on Sunday was that pass to McIntosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back