Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Posting the follow up image again...

726972-2cd06b98-e32b-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg
And my money is on ......

Posting the follow up image again...

726972-2cd06b98-e32b-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg
To be fair Archer was just showing off because he knew Carey wouldn't smash him during the game.
If he was so tough why didn't he do something on the night that everything transpired?

To be fair Archer was just showing off because he knew Carey wouldn't smash him during the game.
If he was so tough why didn't he do something on the night that everything transpired?
Picking his moment to embarrass him in front of an audience? :p

I just find the contrasting images interesting, and how a picture can tell a different story, even when seconds apart.

Glen Archer has repeatedly said at sportsman nights and when a few of us pissed blokes asked him that Carey was the best fighter he had come across

There's quite a few US cops who can attest to that

My most vivid memory of this incident was Archer cocking his fist and doing one of those fake punches that are pulled just before the follow through with the intention of making the opponent dart his head back in retreat from a punch that never arrives. It is designed to make the bloke back peddling look weak. Carey did not move one inch. He either anticipated that Archer would not follow through or was prepared to cop it. For all Careys bad points he was one of the toughest blokes ever to take to a footy field.

My most vivid memory of this incident was Archer cocking his fist and doing one of those fake punches that are pulled just before the follow through with the intention of making the opponent dart his head back in retreat from a punch that never arrives. It is designed to make the bloke back peddling look weak. Carey did not move one inch. He either anticipated that Archer would not follow through or was prepared to cop it. For all Careys bad points he was one of the toughest blokes ever to take to a footy field.

3:50 - I would call that a flinch.

I've always like this one. Bulldogs v Adelaide - 97 prelim. Bulldogs up by a few goals in the last and Liba thinks he scored the sealer. Ended up being called a point and heartbreak later on when Adelaide came from nowhere to win.

Western Bulldogs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archer is the nicest bloke you'll ever meet off-field and it wouldn't be in him to do so. Archer just had a severe case of white line fever.

One of the manliest things I've seen in an AFL game was Tredrea getting in one of those typical push and shove show of strengths with his direct opponent (reckon it might have been against Brisbane). Tredrea shoves the opponent and nearly puts him on his arse. The other guy regains his balance, gives his best effort and...nothing. It was like he was trying to push an oak tree. Tredrea was laughing in his face.

Poor little piggy. He was terrified that day..

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back