Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

But those fans arent the type of people who like football.
That is incredibly dumb. The AFL has a wide audience, and football isn't just for 40yo bogans (though they like to think it is).

Any act is likely to divide viewers. Therefore it's a good idea to change it up a bit from year to year: classic rock band in 2023, modern female pop star in 2024. Makes perfect sense.

I was going to throw in Lionel Ritchie, but thought 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Meatloaf was so bad his effort makes the Kiss pre-show look like the best ever. I dont think anything, artist wise, could top that effort :cool:

That is incredibly dumb. The AFL has a wide audience, and football isn't just for 40yo bogans (though they like to think it is).

Any act is likely to divide viewers. Therefore it's a good idea to change it up a bit from year to year: classic rock band in 2023, modern female pop star in 2024. Makes perfect sense.
Why classic rock? Why is it only very old men and young women get their music?

Why classic rock? Why is it only very old men and young women get their music?
What are you on about.

There's been an obvious rotation of genres for the main act in the last several years. For instance: the Killers hit a different demographic to what you describe, and so did the Black Eyed Peas.

Furthermore, there isn't just one performer each year.

What are you on about.

There's been an obvious rotation of genres for the main act in the last several years. For instance: the Killers hit a different demographic to what you describe, and so did the Black Eyed Peas.

Furthermore, there isn't just one performer each year.
The killers was an exception and probably only got in because they sound like an 80s band and the afl was confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should give themselves some clear criteria, other wise with none and a completely open field they just fkuc it up most of the time with too many choices. And by getting run down past best international acts, it can be just plain goofy.

First criterion: Australian talent.
Second: Relatively current.
Three: Don't fear more obscure artists.

Some years ago I had hope Eddy Current Suppression Ring could get a call. Delusional I know. These days it'd be Amyl and the Sniffers.

They should give themselves some clear criteria, other wise with none and a completely open field they just fkuc it up most of the time with too many choices. And by getting run down past best international acts, it can be just plain goofy.

Some years ago I had hope Eddy Current Suppression Ring could get a call. Delusional I know. These days it'd be Amyl and the Sniffers.

Lmao, u get some obscure random no name Australian singer and people will be howling in terror.

"bloody cheap skates AFL can't even get a good act, never heard of these clowns blah blah blah"

There is none these days

Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back