Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Love when people come on here and go 'they should hire some band who look like they smell and appeal to people who can't get over The Punters Club closing 25 years ago.'

ffs it's a sport for idiots in its main event which is for an even broader community of idiots.

The Killers is about the most alternative you'll ever get. they were on an NME tour, once.

Watched the "Woman's World" video clip, love how the camera gets a close up on Katy Perrys sizeable assets as she rips her top off. After all, nothing says "respect women" more then showing a nice set of jugs.

Perry's more washed than my football club, what a predictably useless choice by the AFL.

But sure, sing a song about how good women are before the Men's competition, who cares.

Watched the "Woman's World" video clip, love how the camera gets a close up on Katy Perrys sizeable assets as she rips her top off. After all, nothing says "respect women" more then showing a nice set of jugs.

Perry's more washed than my football club, what a predictably useless choice by the AFL.

But sure, sing a song about how good women are before the Men's competition, who cares.
Giving off strong "I only murder women because they don't respect themselves enough" vibes there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm suggesting that a "feminist anthem" with a close up of Katy Perry's **** isn't much of a feminist anthem. I really don't know how I could make that more clear.

I'm suggesting that a "feminist anthem" with a close up of Katy Perry's **** isn't much of a feminist anthem. I really don't know how I could make that more clear.
It's clear. I'm sure you will only approve of feminist pre-match entertainment that quotes Mary Wollstonecraft word for word!

Btw a woman being able to wear what she wants (and photographed how she chooses) without being r*ped and/or stoned for it is obviously compatible with the core idea of feminism. Not a particularly cerebral statement, because it's pop music... lighten up a bit.

It's clear. I'm sure you will only approve of feminist pre-match entertainment that quotes Mary Wollstonecraft word for word!
Uh-huh. Wollstonecraft of course. You really are the big intellectual I bet you've read plenty of books

Btw a woman being able to wear what she wants (and photographed how she chooses) without being r*ped and/or stoned for it is obviously compatible with the core idea of feminism.
This a quote from Wollenstuff again? Very smart!

Not a particularly cerebral statement, because it's pop music...
Pop music doesn't have to be stupid. But you probably wouldn't know this because you're too sophisticated to listen to the radio I bet, too busy studying and hanging out with lawyers discussing f Scott Fitzgerald and politics and playing chess etc

lighten up a bit.
Yeah dude I'm the one who needs to listen up while you talk about rape and stoning people lmao

Uh-huh. Wollstonecraft of course. You really are the big intellectual I bet you've read plenty of books

This a quote from Wollenstuff again? Very smart!

Pop music doesn't have to be stupid. But you probably wouldn't know this because you're too sophisticated to listen to the radio I bet, too busy studying and hanging out with lawyers discussing f Scott Fitzgerald and politics and playing chess etc

Yeah dude I'm the one who needs to listen up while you talk about rape and stoning people lmao
It'll be ok, mate. If Katy Perry gets the gig, we will all survive. She has done pre-match entertainment at the MCG before and nothing dramatic happened shortly after, so don't worry.

It'll be ok, mate. If Katy Perry gets the gig, we will all survive. She has done pre-match entertainment at the MCG before and nothing dramatic happened shortly after, so don't worry.
What are you even on about lmao.
Here you are accusing people of murder and crapping on about stoning people and rape and now "oh don't worry it's all fine".

You're more boring than the tampon commercials Katy Perry ripped off for her last song. Just shut up.

What are you even on about lmao.
Here you are accusing people of murder and crapping on about stoning people and rape and now "oh don't worry it's all fine".

You're more boring than the tampon commercials Katy Perry ripped off for her last song. Just shut up.
Your posts merely suggest a man frustrated by women who "show off their bodies", then kills women and says they should "hold themselves to a higher standard".

I don't mean to say you're actually a murderer. Just a creep. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Your posts merely suggest a man frustrated by women who "show off their bodies", then kills women and says they should "hold themselves to a higher standard".
Yeah you got me pinned man, spot on. Well done.

How dare I criticise a song written by a guy who was sued for raping and drugging a woman, I'm a monster lol

I don't mean to say you're actually a murderer. Just a creep. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Is this a genuine white-knight attempt?

It's a rather dramatic and controversial viewpoint you've put forward there.

I don't think I've agreed with a single thing Toump has said on this forum, but there was nothing salacious about his original post.

I read it entirely from the perspective of Katy Perry as the Grand Final entertainment and not just in general existence.
Her new 'hit' single is a girl power anthem that clearly highlights her physical assets. When viewing this through the AFL Grand Final entertainment lens, it's a bit... why this?
The biggest men's sporting event on the Australian calendar. Inclusiveness is a good thing, but she certainly doesn't fit the atmosphere IMO.

If current 'girl power' Katy was performing before the Matilda's next big game it would make all the sense in the world.

At the footy, what songs can she perform other than Roar and Firework that won't sound a bit odd?

I guess we shouldn't be surprised by the AFL and music decisions though. All the new draftees last year walked on stage to collect their jumper to a female pop breakup song saying 'I'll be single soon' over and over.

They need to hand the reins over to whoever chooses the music for Channel 7's Friday night footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best GF entertainment in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back