Best player u've ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

David Schwarz pre-knee op

his 1994 season was one for the ages

how many centre half forwards boot 9 goals in a game of footy? not many

also led the league in marks, polled well in the brownlow and had a mesmerising finals series

if he never did his knee.. well its scary to think what he would have become.

The best Melbourne player I have seen (when performing at his best) is Travis Johnstone. I'll never forget that performance last year when he almost got us into a Preliminary Final on his own.

Overall: Wayne Carey. I have always loved him, still do. It looks like he is returning to his very best, which is great.

When i was a young lad and supported my Eagles as much as I do today, Geelong was our number 1 enemy. So it wasn't possible to like them at all, however, I took a big liking to Gary Ablett.

Best footballer - Gary Ablett
Best football game a person has played - Peter Matera 1992 grand final. You couldn't come closer to perfection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Buckley :D

IMO and in my time, I would have to say that Peter Matera was possibly the best footballer I have ever seen play. The guy was an excitement machine. Exceptionally quick with extreme skills and posie personified. One of the best wingman to ever play the game.

Also have to mention Darren Jarman. What a beautiful kick!

As is evident by my nick, Bob Skilton. Not because there is some objective measure of 'best', but because of how much better he was than anyone else, during the extended period in which he played.

Three Brownlows in a team which usually lost is some measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best player u've ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back