Best player u've ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen someone dominate like Carey in his prime, doubt I ever will either. For Essendon, it's an absolute pleasure watching James Hird play.

We are all too young.

Have anyone said Teddy??? RDB wasn't far behied.

Never saw him myself but the older folk i know say he was the best by miles

Yeh great topic...but its hard to judge over time... Carey and Ablett are simply awesome competitors and had everything!!! current day, Andrew McLeod is a limousine..he has freakish abilities and speed, could watch him play all day everyday! The aboriginals have something special, M.Long and Nicky Winmar in there heyday were also super players!!

Originally posted by Wicked Lester
Leigh Matthews.

Ablett and Carey aren't too far behind, but Matthews was the most outstanding, consistent and flexible player I've seen.

A rover who also kicked over 900 goals!!

Yep - Matthews was amazing to watch. People rave about Carey and Ablett - I would have preferred Matthews in my side.

Carey easily in the decade I've ben watching. Physically imposing, sensational mark (especially before R1 1997 when he busted his shoulder), great ball sense, excellent kick and also unselfish with brilliant passes and taps to teammates.

Couldn't say the same of Ablett, but he certainly did freaky things that made you not know whether to gasp, laugh or cry. (Maybe I missed his best years.) I've had the same sensation of appalled wonder watching Voss and Buckley against North in the past few years.

1. Lockett - Probably didn't have the deidication of others, but on pure ability, he was the best by a street. Unstoppable. 22 times double figures, 7 goals or more 78 times. Only Full-Forward ever to win a brownlow. Dominated in ordinary sides. There are so many more reasons too....

2. Ablett- Absolute freak

3.Skilton- Record speaks for itself

4. Hird-Worldbeater

Kernahan and kouta aren't far behind.

Originally posted by Bloods

3.Skilton- Record speaks for itself

Bloods it says in your profile that you were born in 87. I think Skilts had retired by then mate. Maybe you should look at the topic before you post.

I dont think there is any doubt that Carey is the best ever.

Probably Hird - Greg Williams not far behind. Best individual performance though would be Kouta in the final term of the 99 Prelim. (never seen someone dominate to that extent)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dees 4 life
Bloods it says in your profile that you were born in 87. I think Skilts had retired by then mate. Maybe you should look at the topic before you post.

I dont think there is any doubt that Carey is the best ever.

I think there's a bit of doubt buddy...

Don't think Carey could just stand up and kick 10 in a half or 5 in a quarter. Plugger did it every second week. He was amazing, Carey was star but built up by the media.

At his peak I've never seen a player as good as Kouta was. Such a pity his career was ruined by so many serious injuries, he can hardly jump these days and is a shadow of his former self.

Originally posted by Bloods
I think there's a bit of doubt buddy...

Don't think Carey could just stand up and kick 10 in a half or 5 in a quarter. Plugger did it every second week. He was amazing, Carey was star but built up by the media.

Carey played at CHF, buddy, so your comparison for goals kicked is meaningless! Getting the ball and kicking goals was Lockett's job and he was brilliant at it, but Carey could take a game by the scruff of the neck anywhere across the front half (some games the back half too). You obviously didn't see him much if you think it was media-generated, or not enough of him before the shoulder went to know that the reputation was built purely on the way he played.

We're all entitled to different opinions, but no need to say things that are so bloody silly.

Carey or Dunstall for my eyes.Lockett great along with Ablett,Modra,Lyon,Williams,Voss,Buckley,Silvani.The likes of Matthews were before my time(saw the end of his career) but from highlights he was great. Skilton,Pratt,Dempsey,Reynolds,R.Hart,Cazaly,Bartlett,Barassi, Whitten, Moore,Tuddenham,Richards,Warne Smith, Wade,Nicholls, Picken,Jezza,Balldock,Barker,Austin, captain blood, Smallhorn,Stewart,Quinlan, and there is many more i would loved to have watched grace the paddocks.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
David Schwarz pre-knee op

his 1994 season was one for the ages

how many centre half forwards boot 9 goals in a game of footy? not many

also led the league in marks, polled well in the brownlow and had a mesmerising finals series

if he never did his knee.. well its scary to think what he would have become.

Very subjective vote their Yze Magic!! On your rationale how would a bloke who kicked 14 off a wing rate??

I think G.Ablett did that once if I remember correctly (against Richmond maybe??)

Anyway Ablett gets my vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best player u've ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back