Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't mind Haggers. But that's because he talks well, and I enjoy listening to footy talk that doesn't sound like it's coming from some of the 80IQ listeners of 6PR.

"Yeaahhhhhh Karl, listen, that Luke Shuey, he's no good, no good mate, keeps ducking, gotta get rid of him, and bring up that McGinnity fellow"
If you enjoy listening to Hagdorn mangle the English language then you're one of the 80IQ listeners

You're not confusing him with Poida Vlaaaaaaaaaahos are you?

Nothing wrong with a Poida

88ecb822f57fb14322695a9ca07e2199.jpg

The problem is the corner cutting has achieved neither. The project is further behind schedule and more exspensive than the original model which was running on time for completion until the change of government.
I know. It's complete madness.

Like this bloody hospital in Adelaide.
We have an aging population and over crowding in all our hospitals.
The new one has less beds than the old one, but for the most expensive hospital in the world you wouldn't expect anything less would you.

Asian and European countries must lol at us.
lol ****in hard

I know. It's complete madness.

Like this bloody hospital in Adelaide.
We have an aging population and over crowding in all our hospitals.
The new one has less beds than the old one, but for the most expensive hospital in the world you wouldn't expect anything less would you.

Asian and European countries must lol at us.
lol ****in hard
Funny you should mention that; I work in Fiona Stanley hospital in Perth, and by all measurements it is a brilliant facility. But the government has basically shut down every other facility in the area (Shenton Park rehab, Freo emergency, Callea maternity) meaning there's been little net gain in services, just a shiny new building.

The problem is it is nigh on impossible to 'sack' the top decision makers for their bad decisions because they're all happily nestled in 'safe' seats which means they basically have a job for as long as they want it.

Funny you should mention that; I work in Fiona Stanley hospital in Perth, and by all measurements it is a brilliant facility. But the government has basically shut down every other facility in the area (Shenton Park rehab, Freo emergency, Callea maternity) meaning there's been little net gain in services, just a shiny new building.

The problem is it is nigh on impossible to 'sack' the top decision makers for their bad decisions because they're all happily nestled in 'safe' seats which means they basically have a job for as long as they want it.

Politics:mad: :rolleyes:

Thank **** for footy hey :rainbow:

The original NBN was to be a 100Mbps fibre connection to every urban household and business and a upgraded wireless connection in the rural areas.
The Libs along with NBN Co came up with this great idea of cutting corners to get the NBN to more people sooner and to save a few billion dollarydoos.

So now the urban households of data hungry families and potential world class businesses will have a 100Mbps fibre connection connected to an existing network of slower inferior copper or coaxial cables which will slow the 100Mbps line speed down to anything as low as the current ADSL2 speeds obtained over copper wires, which depending on your distance from the exchange can be as low as 3-5Mbps.

If you were lucky enough to have the NBN rolled out in your street before the changeover you will have had a little grey box installed on the front of your house which delivers the 100Mbps fibre straight to your house.
After upgrades in a few years anything up to 1Gbps speeds would be achievable but likely never offered by mainstream ISPs.

It's a bloody mess but the Government will finally have egg on their face in a few short years and only months after the last poor prick is connected to the NBN, when in 2020 the 5G network goes live for the Toyko olympics.
Shortly afterwards it will be rolled out across the western world and will offer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
100 times quicker than the quickest speed the NBN will offer and completely wireless.
Makes the NBN the biggest waste of money of any Australian government for a while one would imagine.

Not to mention the 'savings' will be eaten up by the cost of maintenance/replacing copper lines within 5 years apparently.

Unfortunately middle aged , IT clueless morons make up the voting majority and thus had no qualms with this.

Unfortunately middle aged , IT clueless morons
Like the socially conservative communications minister who originally did a really bad job of selling this concept, allowing the rather business savvy shadow minister to rip holes in any and everything he did.

Like the socially conservative communications minister who originally did a really bad job of selling this concept, allowing the rather business savvy shadow minister to rip holes in any and everything he did.
But the telcos would wear underwear on their heads if he told them to!

Not to mention the 'savings' will be eaten up by the cost of maintenance/replacing copper lines within 5 years apparently.

Unfortunately middle aged , IT clueless morons make up the voting majority and thus had no qualms with this.
Yep to get 100Mbps speeds to anyone on FTTN copper all the lines will have to be replaced.
Unfortunately I'm on FTTN cable so Ill get 100Mbps from the moment I connect but because I share a network congestion at peak times will smash me for six.

Once 5G is out ill go full wireless and all the telcos can GAGF.

Same goes with energy providers. Future is looking bad for them.
Modern solar with battery storage will send them all packing.
Once batteries become the norm for new dwellings it will be a race to get solar.
The poor buggers left behind will be paying a gazillion dollars per k/wh to keep the energy providers from folding.

I look forward to it.

Yep to get 100Mbps speeds to anyone on FTTN copper all the lines will have to be replaced.
Unfortunately I'm on FTTN cable so Ill get 100Mbps from the moment I connect but because I share a network congestion at peak times will smash me for six.

Once 5G is out ill go full wireless and all the telcos can GAGF.

Same goes with energy providers. Future is looking bad for them.
Modern solar with battery storage will send them all packing.
Once batteries become the norm for new dwellings it will be a race to get solar.
The poor buggers left behind will be paying a gazillion dollars per k/wh to keep the energy providers from folding.

I look forward to it.

Absolutely, can't wait to see it all fold in on the short sighted clowns.

It was like listening to an illiterate try and explain string theory, had NFI what he was talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're on HFC (is that what you mean by FTTN Cable)? Fibre is obviously the best tech there is right now but there are HFC technologies, encapsulations etc which in the future should allow much higher than 100 megabit speeds. In the future, people on HFC will have faster than 100Mbps speeds. gigabit is what I've been reading lately. So all is not lost for people on HFC. But FTTN? What a ****ing balls up. Getting connected tomorrow (please, please, please no cancellations, no delays), node is a couple hundred metres from my house. However who the hell knows how my copper leads to it.

You're on HFC (is that what you mean by FTTN Cable)? Fibre is obviously the best tech there is right now but there are HFC technologies, encapsulations etc which in the future should allow much higher than 100 megabit speeds. In the future, people on HFC will have faster than 100Mbps speeds. gigabit is what I've been reading lately. So all is not lost for people on HFC. But FTTN? What a ******* balls up. Getting connected tomorrow (please, please, please no cancellations, no delays), node is a couple hundred metres from my house. However who the hell knows how my copper leads to it.
Coopers over 200m is ok. Should be good for 25Mbps.
I'm 4.5km away from an exchange built in the 60s

HFC is Hybrid Fibre Coaxial.
When the new update comes out 200-300Mbps will be available but I can't see the telcos offering it without public pressure.
They have it already over in Europe and although gigabit is achieveable in the real world its 200Mbps which would still be awesome

The Barrett - Lyon love affair might be over

If
there's something we may have got really wrong this year, and last year for that matter ...

Then ... it could be our undying faith in Ross The Boss. We’re now wavering. Called in the lawyers. Preparing the papers.

Coopers over 200m is ok. Should be good for 25Mbps.
I'm 4.5km away from an exchange built in the 60s

HFC is Hybrid Fibre Coaxial.
When the new update comes out 200-300Mbps will be available but I can't see the telcos offering it without public pressure.
They have it already over in Europe and although gigabit is achieveable in the real world its 200Mbps which would still be awesome

Thank f*** for that! As this is a football forum I assumed he was talking about Hawthorn and their lack of success this year!

Thank f*** for that! As this is a football forum I assumed he was talking about Hawthorn and their lack of success this year!
**** Hawthorn and **** the NBN!

When was the last time the NBN gave us a Mitchell... flogs

You're on HFC (is that what you mean by FTTN Cable)? Fibre is obviously the best tech there is right now but there are HFC technologies, encapsulations etc which in the future should allow much higher than 100 megabit speeds. In the future, people on HFC will have faster than 100Mbps speeds. gigabit is what I've been reading lately. So all is not lost for people on HFC. But FTTN? What a ******* balls up. Getting connected tomorrow (please, please, please no cancellations, no delays), node is a couple hundred metres from my house. However who the hell knows how my copper leads to it.

ep2006 aren't you at least worried that there might be cancellations or delays?

P. S. Hope it goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back