BIG Q on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we end up with PP 26 we need to package a player with picks for a decent player or a pick upgrade.

Due to current contracts in place we will find it tough to delist enough players to use our picks never mind swaping 1 player for another player / pick.

Our rookie list is performing well yet again. We need to elevate Stevenson or lose him and will find it difficult to upgrade both Hams and Strijk. We could retain them for another year on the rookie list and elevate 1 prior to round 1 and the 2nd after round 11 or if we have another LTI.

i think talk of 3rd or 4th pick for him is rediculous. thats pick 50-60. there isnt much left there im afraid and finding a player is usually shear luck. all depends on need. if a team needs a solid player who contributes, then yes he is worth a 2nd rounder at least. if a team doesnt need a player, then he aint worth anything really.

he is not much worse than mark williams or Brock McLean. some could argue he is better than both and they could have a case. lynch isnt a star but he is definately a solid player.

Mark Williams and McLean (injuries aside) is a considerably better player than the big Q. He's immobile (at a time when mobility is monumentally important to the game) and is unable to play in a variety of systems. His golden glove chucking days are over.

Whats the point of trading Lynch just to draft a stop gap second ruck incase Cox or Naita go down? I dont see why you would waste the list space.

If it happened id prefer we used Sullivan regardless if he is ready, physically he is good enough. If Sully gets de listed we could still trial Hansen (198cm), Schofield (195cm), Spangher (193cm).

Not sure if Hansens height is correct but it beats payin him loads to sit in the WAFL. Schofield might also not be in the 22 if McKenzie, Brown and Glass are all playing.

Lynch + our second rounder might just net Carlton s first rounder.

Whats the point of trading Lynch just to draft a stop gap second ruck incase Cox or Naita go down? I dont see why you would waste the list space.

If it happened id prefer we used Sullivan regardless if he is ready, physically he is good enough. If Sully gets de listed we could still trial Hansen (198cm), Schofield (195cm), Spangher (193cm).

Not sure if Hansens height is correct but it beats payin him loads to sit in the WAFL. Schofield might also not be in the 22 if McKenzie, Brown and Glass are all playing.

Lynch + our second rounder might just net Carlton s first rounder.

Mckinley and our second rounder might net their first as well. It's another option to look at.

If Lynch is contracted we must trade him to the GC..

Lynch + Pick 26 for Pick 15-18

The PP becomes very valuable to us. Pick 4, 18 & 28 will be very very nice. Darling, Smith, Lamb.

i think talk of 3rd or 4th pick for him is rediculous. thats pick 50-60. there isnt much left there im afraid and finding a player is usually shear luck. all depends on need. if a team needs a solid player who contributes, then yes he is worth a 2nd rounder at least. if a team doesnt need a player, then he aint worth anything really.

he is not much worse than mark williams or Brock McLean. some could argue he is better than both and they could have a case. lynch isnt a star but he is definately a solid player.
Hang about...this is way too sensible for this thread. I can't believe the st team were chick and uff written here. Check some of the other stuff on players to target. Nothing of quality. Yet people seem to think a 194cm versitile and relatively quick and experienced guy with a booming kick si worthless? He is a guy with a confidence problem which can be fixed as the teams delivery and teamwork improves and certainly better value than a late round pick or another team's reject. The only players of value we got fro other teams apart from our inaugeral team were chick and stenglien and they were specifically targetted and worth the trade deals.

Nahas would be nice. I'd also like to try and con the Gold Coast into giving us Matera for him. No team can be all class, they'll need some older duds to complement their young guns.

I've read from the Richmond board that Nahas has been terrible. Some have said that it's a good thing that he hasn't been getting games.

I think WC can do better than Nahas. He has less value than Lynch. Just because WC need a FP, they shouldn't settle on just anybody. I'm against trading in Nahas for the Q.

Nahas is exactly what we need, a quick small crumber.

People need to get over 2nd round picks and onwards this draft, they are worth f*** all this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is a gun, nahas is what we need. watched in the VFL a lot before he was drafted, he is much better than what he has shown at the tigers. If we can get him for cheap i would love to have him.

Not really. Get rid of a dud that tries hard and a mediocre player that doesn't, and in return get a young kid that has some upside.

Carlton won't be interested, he won't fit the mould and he's 27.

im not sure what your mold is so i cant comment on that. but i wouldn't think 27 would be a problem given judd is also 27 and i don't care what you say about gibbs and murphy and co but when judd goes your premiership window goes with him. he absolutely carries your team. But lynch may not be the player for you as you say i can't really comment on that.

Mckinley and our second rounder might net their first as well. It's another option to look at.

spangher could also be in the mix as a barganing chip aswell. and maybe even hansen. i heard they showed some interest in him last year and although he would be worth very very little he was kicking 7 goals a game in the wafl before being injured.

We have an actual need for Nahas, and as r_dub says he has more years left in him.

We have a lot more to gain from getting Nahas than Richmond does from getting Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

BIG Q on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back