BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just reading it and wondering if this is publicity for some crazy new "reality show"
New sitcom, how I killed your mother ??

David Miranda, former left-wing Brazilian congressman and husband to American journalist Glenn Greenwald, has died aged 37.

He had been in intensive care for nine months after entering with a gastrointestinal infection.

Bit crude calling him a campaigner after he died, but as he was a politician......

community-ken-jeong.gif

Years ago it was unwritten rule not to nention suicides in the media
They suck but they should be mentioned so people talk about them, not to intrude but to reflect on themselves and their own loved ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the double edged sword where they don't want to talk about in case it encourages other people to do it.

Was reflecting, between:
People went to school with
People used to work with
Friends/family of friends
Friends
Extended family

I would know 10+ who have taken their own life, it bubbles away just under the surface but it's scary just how common it is and still is a taboo subject.

It's the double edged sword where they don't want to talk about in case it encourages other people to do it.

Was reflecting, between:
People went to school with
People used to work with
Friends/family of friends
Friends
Extended family

I would know 10+ who have taken their own life, it bubbles away just under the surface but it's scary just how common it is and still is a taboo subject.

It's a huge thing for blokes of my age. I'm mid 50s and can list over 20 who gave taken their own life in the last 25 years. All bar one were men. It's crazy we don't talk about it.

It's a huge thing for blokes of my age. I'm mid 50s and can list over 20 who gave taken their own life in the last 25 years. All bar one were men. It's crazy we don't talk about it.
There are plenty talking about it, unfortunatley for people like me who struggles with mental health, has been suicidal and has constant suicidal ideation its bloody hard to open up to anyone especially living in a small town where everyone knows your business.

There are plenty talking about it, unfortunatley for people like me who struggles with mental health, has been suicidal and has constant suicidal ideation its bloody hard to open up to anyone especially living in a small town where everyone knows your business.

Sorry to hear that. Can you find a good pysch where you are? They can be a huge help.

Sorry to hear that. Can you find a good pysch where you are? They can be a huge help.
the pysch i saw 4 years ago i have come to realise now didn't unpack many of my problems, he said and i quote" just start doing things that make you happy" , haven't bothered to see anyone since. i see myself now as a functioning depressed person, i do life and work as if there is no problem inside me.

If you are ever in Adelaide send a message and you can talk to me if you need to vent

The best start is knowing it affects you

If you are ever in Adelaide send a message and you can talk to me if you need to vent

The best start is knowing it affects you
thanks, i vent to a few people on bigfooty, this place is my mood regualtor and my happy place.

the pysch i saw 4 years ago i have come to realise now didn't unpack many of my problems, he said and i quote" just start doing things that make you happy" , haven't bothered to see anyone since. i see myself now as a functioning depressed person, i do life and work as if there is no problem inside me.

My experience with psychs is that it's not what they say, it's what they ask that enables you to unload/unpack things in your own mind.

I had a conversation with a mate a few nights ago who is in a dark place right now and he couldn't see any way out. Talking things through is absolutely the best tactic to get things back on track. The key is to find the right person/people who you can trust, and not easy in a small community like yours.

In a weird way, I do find BigFooty quite cathartic, even if it does amplify my procrastination.
Plenty of outlets here to offload some angst.

My experience with psychs is that it's not what they say, it's what they ask that enables you to unload/unpack things in your own mind.

I had a conversation with a mate a few nights ago who is in a dark place right now and he couldn't see any way out. Talking things through is absolutely the best tactic to get things back on track. The key is to find the right person/people who you can trust, and not easy in a small community like yours.

In a weird way, I do find BigFooty quite cathartic, even if it does amplify my procrastination.
Plenty of outlets here to offload some angst.
yeah ive ready many times it can take two to three different pyschs before you find one that suits. i just get used to being the way i am and hide the bad days from everyone so they know no better and just get on with life. i do know i need to see someone, one day i will.

i just get used to being the way i am and hide the bad days from everyone so they know no better and just get on with life.

I know you already know this, but that's not doing what's best for you. Keep searching and reach out if you want some recommendations or to vent.

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back