Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane letting Leuenberger go along with Adcock and some other mature aged players as they look to rebuild with youth. Wouldn't be against going after Leuenberger but not for a hefty contract given his injury history.
Rumours Zorko unhappy.......Leppa getting the broom ready.

for a mid, we lost two of the better key forwards of the 1980's

people bitch about trading a tall for a mid, one centre man cost us one centre men, one winger, and KPP talls. one gun isnt worth 2 good mids and 2 very good forwards
Like I said, I agree with you that it was handled badly. Collingwood didn't exactly come up Roses either, they got obliterated by Essendon IIRC in the finals a year or two later and were nearly bankrupt in 1986.

I'm confident if Yarran is to arrive at Richmond Mark Williams will fix Yarran's attitude problems.
He'll purify him from the stain that scumbag club he came from infected him with.

So conflicted am I about us recruiting Yarran I spent 2 hours at work today working out the pros and cons. In the end it was a 50/50 split. Then it dawned on me - worse case/best case scenario was the only way to decide in my mind.
Worse case- He wallows in the 2's for the next 3-4 years is bagged every week in peoples VFL write ups, becoming the next Tambling
Best case - We get that player with speed and X-factor that gives us what we are missing at the moment and dare I dream the ultimate success.
In the end scenario 2 won it for me-Get him I say.

So conflicted am I about us recruiting Yarran I spent 2 hours at work today working out the pros and cons. In the end it was a 50/50 split. Then it dawned on me - worse case/best case scenario was the only way to decide in my mind.
Worse case- He wallows in the 2's for the next 3-4 years is bagged every week in peoples VFL write ups, becoming the next Tambling
Best case - We get that player with speed and X-factor that gives us what we are missing at the moment and dare I dream the ultimate success.
In the end scenario 2 won it for me-Get him I say.

To be honest I can't see him in the magoos...he is a bit more consistent than Bling. Worst case he is a great bottom 5 player. Personally I see him walking straight into our best 10 players.

Very naive EAD
Nothing to do with naivety more to do with clubs know if they get caught they can get done for draft tampering and losing picks and trades altogether. Sure clubs might chat about what they are looking for and what they are putting on the table, but I find it highly unlikely that anyone actually agrees to deals. As I said earlier, you reach and heads of agreement with a player and then fail to follow through and a player decides to whinge about it and the whole system goes to shit. So informal chats is about as far as clubs would be willing to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect, if the AFL catches clubs coming to agreement outside the designated trade period they can be done for draft tampering. Also if we came to a heads of agreement with a player and that player then did his knee or another long term injury we'd be obligated to still take them. Clubs would talk to each other about what they are looking for and what they are offering but none are going to lock themselves away on a deal. All it would take is one player not getting to where they were supposed to be going and blowing the whistle and the whole shithouse goes up in flames.
Disagree. There was a reason why the Hampson deal was done day 1 of trade week. It was worked before the week that's why. TW mentioned this very topic today, even mentioning a heads of agreement deals. Yes technically not allowed but the AFL are fully aware of this and do nothing, so why stop the practice? They even have done the same on 'their' teams ie the suns/giants, so it would be a bit rich for them to pull up clubs about it, plus all of this type of practice in the past. The rules are, you arent allowed to sign with another team, but you can talk to them, and in doing so you come to an agreement. The injury aspect was talked about last year, and its still not been decided I think.

To be honest I can't see him in the magoos...he is a bit more consistent than Bling. Worst case he is a great bottom 5 player. Personally I see him walking straight into our best 10 players.

Tambling was consistent in 08 & 09 and was becoming a player. Then got compartment syndrome in his calves and never fully recovered. It's a really bad injury as most guys, like n. Brown and McGuire, get it from really badly broken legs. None of those guys were ever the same again.

A change of scenery will work wonders for him. I don't think he has been the happiest chap since Betts left Carlton.

isnt yarran a HBFer? if we get him, he releases floss stone to the midfield?

To me it's clear that they've been grooming Flossy as a rebounding back to replace Newy, then throw him into the middle when required.

Where did you see that he is looking for a move?

I work with someone who has a very close connection. Apparently he is receiving offers from multiple clubs, no guarantee he will leave GC but he is definitely open to the move. He is very mature nowadays and would fit in with the culture we are creating at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back