Bleeding continues at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by windyhill
14/40, yeeeoooowwwww, that`s gotta sting.

yeah not pretty. fortunately there are other things in footy to improve my spirits at the moment. like the denial of essendon supporters in the face of the team's steady deterioration

Originally posted by Macpie
yeah not pretty. fortunately there are other things in footy to improve my spirits at the moment. like the denial of essendon supporters in the face of the team's steady deterioration

How the hell are we deteriorating? We finished on 12 and half wins last year with an "ageing list" ... this year we finished on 13 wins with a much better, younger, enthusiastic list - and it just so happens that this year 13 wins and a pretty good percentage got you 8th spot, any other year you'd probably be sitting in the top 4 or 5th, or lowest 6th. If we had won 13 last year, we would of been 5th.

We won A final (this year interstate), and again bowed out against our bogey team Port Adelaide in Adelaide in a dissapointing performance. We finished overall 5th last year, and this year overall 6th only because 13 wins this year got you into 8th spot and away finals when any other year we would of got a home final.

Collingwood only lost by 9 points last year in the Grand Final, and this year lost by 50 points to a Brisbane side weaker than last year in my opinion - so does that mean Collingwood are deteriorating as well???

Originally posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
How the hell are we deteriorating? We finished on 12 and half wins last year with an "ageing list" ... this year we finished on 13 wins - it just so happens that this year 13 wins and a pretty good percentage got you 8th spot, any other year you'd probably be sitting in the top 4 or 5th, or lowest 6th. If we had won 13 last year, we would of been 5th.

We won A final (this year interstate), and again bowed out against our bogey team Port Adelaide in Adelaide in a dissapointing performance. We finished overall 5th last year, and this year overall 6th only because 13 wins this year got you into 8th spot and away finals when any other year we would of got a home final.

Collingwood only lost by 9 points last year in the Grand Final, and this year lost by 50 points to a Brisbane side weaker than last year in my opinion - so does that mean Collingwood are deteriorating as well???

actually you could well argue that the Pies have gone backwards but I'm happy to admit that - unlike you fools! team of the century 3 yrs ago and now happy with 5th, 6th - if thats not detioration what is?

There has to be a serious problem at Essendon though. For all the promise and talk about how great you are 1 priemership in 10 seasons is not exactly a good return. I don't what the stats were, a true champion team is measured by what it does in an era and Essendon ain't done all that much.

Maybe Sheedy is overrated

Originally posted by Slax
There has to be a serious problem at Essendon though. For all the promise and talk about how great you are 1 priemership in 10 seasons is not exactly a good return. I don't what the stats were, a true champion team is measured by what it does in an era and Essendon ain't done all that much.

I hope you barrack for Collingwood or they're not gonna know how to respond to you!

Maybe.
Maybe being two clear of absolutely everyone else and maybe we don`t give a ****.
16-14, as I said directly to eddie on Saturday.."Still two clear my son, beautiful"

Oh my God - you didn't did you. Directly to Eddie!!!!! Wow!! What an effort!! He must have been absolutely devastated that an acknowledged footy guru like you would hit him with such a cutting & witty line! Man - you are a legend! (or a name-dropping prat)

hahahahah, it was beautiful, nearly as good as still being two, TWO, clear, just knowing it annoys the **** out of you boy, satifies me no end. TWO clear.
It must eat away at you boy.

Man - I'm in awe of you!! you were cheeky to Eddie! that could have been the defining moment of your sad life!

What is sad is your Essendon obsession, get over it boy, it`s a fact of life we are TWO clear. I have asked the question numerous times and you simply avoid it ( much like leon neon and a pack), what have Essendon done to your sub-conscious, we have head ****ed you completely, it just can`t be the TWO flags we are ahead of you, was it at school, early home life ? A nasty Uncle ?

I don't remember 10 years of talking about how good we were. And who cares about how we are measured over a 3 or 5 year period, as long as our names are in the record books next to 2000 I'm happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe if we had Brissie's extra salary cap things would have been different, we could have paid more money to our players, to keep them at the club. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lockyer24
Gee whiz, Best defender in the league, Brownlow medallist if he wasn't injured and the Coleman medallist all in your side....and you're still only making up the numbers. Great stuff Sheeds, I'll never call you an underachiever again.

No..Pies has that title all to themselves.

choke choke choke

Originally posted by Shads
No..Pies has that title all to themselves.

choke choke choke

i would have thought from the tone of the posts this week that collingwood had "over-achieved" if anything. according to the trolls they have no good players, no courage and a crappy coach. incredible that they could make two GFs ahead of their "champion" teams.

now "under-achieving" that is when a great team fails to live up to its potential eg one flag from the "greatest team of all time"

Originally posted by Macpie
i would have thought from the tone of the posts this week that collingwood had "over-achieved" if anything. according to the trolls they have no good players, no courage and a crappy coach. incredible that they could make two GFs ahead of their "champion" teams.

now "under-achieving" that is when a great team fails to live up to its potential eg one flag from the "greatest team of all time"

Well atleast you seem content to never be the best. I guess all us Essendon fans are cursed with standards and a will to want to be the best. It's lucky for you that collingwood are deteriorating so you won't have to put up with actually winning something.

Maybe.
Maybe being two clear of absolutely everyone else and maybe we don`t give a ****.

WRONG. Not 2 clear of everyone else. Essendon equalled Carlton's premierships (16) in 2000.

Essendon in fact have only "won" 14 Grand Finals...the same as Collingwood....The bombers were awarded the premiership in 1897 and 1924 when a Grand Final was not played. Essendon supporters HATE this little fact!:D

Originally posted by anduril
Essendon in fact have only "won" 14 Grand Finals...the same as Collingwood....The bombers were awarded the premiership in 1897 and 1924 when a Grand Final was not played. Essendon supporters HATE this little fact!:D

Preaching on a technicality - if this is the best you have to serve up - give up now troll.

Originally posted by anduril
oooooo cuts to the bone eh pevers? run along now and stare at your posters of the ugliest damn head in the AFL

I don't get it? We are 16 time premiers (equal with carlton) and even if you minus all the premierships that don't include a GF (for whatever wierd logic) than we are still second. You can't be unhappy with that.

Hmmmm...so front running Cupes picked up best FIRST year player out at bummer land eh? Interesting logic,considering he has played senior footy at Brisbane over the last year or two.....LOL best FIRST year player....gotta love the brain surgeon that picked him LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Bleeding continues at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back