Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as the club are asking questions..

Not just questions, but serious questions.

Serious, probing questions..

Actually, serious, probing, no holds barred questions.

And after the serious, probing, no holds barred questions, I hope the club is asking random members of the Club High Performance and Coaching team Likert scale questions.

And then when I find out that there is no case to answer, other than bad luck, then I will look for other things to question.

And bot just questions, but serious questions ..

Serious, probing questions..
I dont wish to consider in too much depth the whole idea of probing questions or otherwise.

I wonder if the club needs to be stronger with Walsh regarding adjusting his training approach going forward?

Judd was known as a beast trainer in his early years and while it helped him win a brownlow by year 3 it also shortened his career and caused him alot of problems in his later years (according to him).

Been great hearing reports of Walsh killing it over preseason but the reality is this will likely be the 3rd time in as many seasons we start without him.

Great training is irrelevent if you keep missing games through injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the club needs to be stronger with Walsh regarding adjusting his training approach going forward?

Judd was known as a beast trainer in his early years and while it helped him win a brownlow by year 3 it also shortened his career and caused him alot of problems in his later years (according to him).

Been great hearing reports of Walsh killing it over preseason but the reality is this will likely be the 3rd time in as many seasons we start without him.

Great training is irrelevent if you keep missing games through injury.

He better learn soon

I heard he weaved through 5 hatstands, a robotic vacuum and a set of coloured plastic door curtains just to gather the last rice crisp from his house mates

Way I see it, first round (or round zero) is usually a free (didn't Brisbane get smacked last year 1st game) hit of sorts as clubs find their feet. Don't fly Walsh, Martin, Marchy etc up to QLD let them rest and get ready for the Tigers game. Give some opportunity to some of the young kids and depth who usually come into these early games flying somewhat and taper off as the season wears on. Our midfield, forward line and ruck is looking reasonable for round 0 on present list status, our backline is the one with some concern as the lack of the Bots leadership and poise will be hardest to cover.

Lets just hope that JD and Faux Nadal don't have their kicking and marking boots on, and Cameron doesn't have a flyer.

FWIW the message I got is Walsh was bit sore after a couple of tough match sessions that were full on. Got hit hard a couple of times. Woke up sore around back area. No major issues just sore. Can still run etc but club is now extremely cautious with any players with history.

Hasn’t had one issue all pre season with back. Thought a week may do it but improving a bit slower so made call.

Given his previous back issues he will not play until he feels 100% so decision (after not missing a session all pre season) is to take it easy and freshen up before season. Can still do fitness etc just no contact. Very simple and no big deal

Last edited:
FWIW the message I got is Walsh was bit sore after a couple of tough match sessions that were full on. Got hit hard a couple of times. Woke up sore around back area. No major issues just sore. Can still run etc but club is now extremely cautious with any players with history.

Hasn’t had one issue all pre season with back

Given his previous back issues he will not play until he feels 100% so decision (after not missing a session all pre season) is to take it easy and freshen up before season. Can still do fitness etc just no contact. Very simple and no big deal

Thank you mate :)

Communication 101, don’t let the media run the narrative. It’s as simple as that.

You couldn’t possibly believe they thought it would stay under wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is no difference between reality and what the media went with, aside from a couple of alarmist headlines. Those would have come even if the media was second to the announcement.

Hasn’t had one issue all pre season with back. Thought a week may do it but improving a bit slower so made call.

Phew - so we can put these signs away :p

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

There is no difference between reality and what the media went with, aside from a couple of alarmist headlines. Those would have come even if the media was second to the announcement.

"There is no difference between reality and what the media went with"!!!! As much as I agree with you on this occasion, I wish we could trust that was always true with modern media

"There is no difference between reality and what the media went with"!!!! As much as I agree with you on this occasion, I wish we could trust that was always true with modern media

It's not, but on this occasion they got the story exactly right, so that would have come from someone within the club. No need to get out in front of a story that you fed to the media.

So much angst about injuries at the moment, I think we all need to take a breath.

Marchbank - It's an illness and they'll manage his return - a non-concern. (which is rare anytime Marchbank is on an injury report...)

Durdin - Returning from injury and taking the conservative route not playing a pre-season game. A non-concern.

Matt Owies - See above. Non-concern.

Jack Martin - Slightly disappointing, but not a bad injury. Only likely to miss pre-season games. Should be right for rd 0, but if not he'll be right for rd 2. A very mild concern.

Sam Walsh - Somewhat concerning given his history, but given what we've heard in here (aside from 1 apparent itk) and from the wider media is that it isn't serious and if anything is just a conservative approach heading into the season. Walsh missing pre-season games isn't as hurtful in terms of match fitness as others given his fitness base. The only mild concern is that it's his back and he has history, if he had no history this would be a non-concern but due to history it's a mild concern with a watch attached.

We're basically talking about guys missing scratch matches here, not regular season. It's not that big a deal, we're doing ok injury wise. There's not much here to get worked up about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back