Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 2nd July …

Good news on Kennedy 👍

Matthew Kennedy (knee)
• Experienced knee soreness out of the game on Sunday however scans have cleared him of damage to his knee
• Will aim to train later this week in order to be available to play
• Availability: Test

Corey Durdin (shoulder)
• Experienced a dislocated shoulder in the VFL on Sunday
• Unavailable for selection this week, his recovery will be reassessed over the next fortnight

Tom De Koning (managed)
• Will aim to train fully this week

Matthew Cottrell (foot)

Billy Wilson (knee)

IMG_0800.jpeg

Unless the club are about to bob up and announce out of nowhere that either he had only a partial tear, or that he opted for a non-surgical route and has responded exceptionally well, he's zero chance to return unless he plans to retire if he fails.

Jack is far greater outside chance as he's about 7 weeks ahead in his recovery, and even that's a stretch given he'd barely be past 8 months recovery on Grand Final day.
Doc possibly put him nbthe rookie list, doesn’t change his contract details also frees up a list spot if we need to..

Doc possibly put him nbthe rookie list, doesn’t change his contract details also frees up a list spot if we need to..
Can you just simply move players from the senior list to the rookie list?
Or do they have to be de-listed(making them available to be selected by other clubs) and the re-selected by Carlton in the rookie draft?

Our biggest problem seems to be that most of our 'dispensable' players are all on the rookie list, might need to trade a few good or older players in the next couple of years?

Docs not going anywhere and no club would touch him, I think that is a very good idea to move to the rookie list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep.

Even if the club delisted Doc, they would have a free run at him in the rookie draft. If there is one player that deserves to get to his club of choice in the rookie draft, it’s Sam Docherty, and every other club knows that and would act accordingly in not drafting him.

Unless the club are about to bob up and announce out of nowhere that either he had only a partial tear, or that he opted for a non-surgical route and has responded exceptionally well, he's zero chance to return unless he plans to retire if he fails.

Jack is far greater outside chance as he's about 7 weeks ahead in his recovery, and even that's a stretch given he'd barely be past 8 months recovery on Grand Final day.

Yep both unlikely and everyone heals differently but it does seem that McStay is ready to play now - they may hold him back another few weeks - but I think he did his ACL a little less than two months before Jack - so a similar time frame would mean Jack back in first week of finals - but as I said everyone heals differently besides McStay is more integral to his team than Jack is to ours

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Happy to be corrected but didn't Jack experience complications post ACL surgery? He might have mentioned it during a radio gig earlier in the year - this was some weeks after Doc had his surgery iirc.

So Jack might actually be behind-schedule compared to Doc, despite injuring his ACL earlier.

Neither Jack or Doc are playing this year. Players don't come back post ACL straight into the heat of finals footy.

We’ve never had a player suffer an ACL injury before, so how are we to know that AFL players simply don’t come back in the very year they’ve suffered the injury.

Oh wait……………… 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back